Air Bubble Stained Glass

lynxster4

Thank you @lynxster4 for taking the time to show this old dog a new trick B)

olHblA.png

I tried it with a pattern I found on the internet rather than a shape. Took many liberties on getting the whole thing just right. My color shading didn't work as well as I hoped. Tried 3 different shades of red and you can only see two. I'm still very happy with the result. Tuts are so great to learn different plugins and methods. Saw many things during the process I hadn't seen before. Always learning. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

<3 @lynxster4

Beautiful tutorial. Thank you very very much for your effort. :cake: :coffee:

25Oktober17.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@AndrewDavid   I think that is very cool looking!   <3   Tuts can teach you more than you know...;)

Thank you @ingwer!   I hope the tut proves useful for you.  :)

@welshblue   both of your examples are wonderful!  <3   Yes, I have the isolate lineart plugin installed and it would be very helpful for coloring pages!  But I keep forgetting about it because it's in the Adjustments menu!!   :lol:    I think if the 'glass pieces' are too small, the air bubbles will disappear.  Thank you for the comment on the green one!  :)

I'm going to post slightly bigger versions of the last two images...I may had made them too small...detail does get lost.

@Seerose   that is just perfect!  <3   A purple rose.....:cake:

And a 'thank you' to @toe_head2001   @dipstick   @Eli  and @Ego Eram Reputo  for reps!   <3

• Like 1

Ingenious way to use those Plugin's @lynxster4 in your latest tutorial to make stained glass.  I really enjoyed making this - many thanks B)

Stainglass_Punkin.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

That is just wonderful @Pixey   <3   Love the subtle shading!  That could hang in anyone's window for Halloween.  :D

:lol::lol::lol: @welshblue   Don't become OCD about this like I am!  I'm fascinated by stained glass.  I now have 10 different techniques to make stained glass.

I really like your above example; awesome lettering.  My 'air bubble' technique, I'm sure, could be used in a lot of different ways!   :)

Please take a break and pay attention to your wife...;)

Reps tomorrow...I'm always out....:(

Oh, that is so cute!  @Woodsy   <3     You used the bubbles as their bubbles!   Very clever!   Nice work....:)  :beer:

Rep you tomorrow!!

I was going to post this in my gallery, but it rightly belongs in this thread.

Here is an image that I thought came out great.  And I got to use @Ego Eram Reputo's  WovenPhoto plugin!  Do you like my woven concrete strips?  :lol:

The highlights and shading really set this off.

ABSG_16.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

A beautiful merging of textures!

• Like 1

<3 Dear @lynxster4!

This is for you. I hope she likes you. 

26Oktober17sb.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 3

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

17 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

A beautiful merging of textures!

Thank you EER.  I'm so glad you like it!   :)

3 hours ago, Seerose said:

This is for you. I hope she likes you.

Seerose, Seerose, Seerose.....I love it!!   <3   Bart and I go way back.  It's an inside joke between me and my oldest son.  Thank you for sharing it!   :cake:

And sincere thanks to @hippiechos and @Djisves for reps!  <3

Edited by lynxster4

<3 @Lynxster4!

My son has almost everything with bart simpson belongs to it, and if I had somewhere what struck immediately bought. We love him. 

• Like 1

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thank you @mottoman   <3   I look forward to seeing it!   :)

Thank you @barbieq25 for the rep!  <3

Edited by lynxster4

That is just beautiful @welshblue    Would love to have that hanging in my window!  <3

This tutorial is a bit addictive, isn't it??   :P

Unticking outline layer gave me this result:  Also Edge detect (fuzzy) although installed .dll where it should go, is not showing up in paint.net 4.0.19 using windows 10 fall creators update.

what.jpg

HFuQlot.png

@mottoman - that happened to me too when I did the tutorial, so I tried the link by @Maximilian for v3.5.11 and I put it in the Effects Folder and it worked for the latest version of paint.net :D

Fuzzy Edge Detect for PdN 3.5.11.zip

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks @Pixey that version worked.  Sadly this is all I could come up with, I got lost at some steps and certainly got lost when highlights and shading were mentioned. I also couldn't remove the thick grey line no matter what.  Will perhaps try again another time.

LieXb66.png

• Like 3

HFuQlot.png

Nice outcome @mottoman     I posted a Dropbox link in the tutorial instructions for the current version of Fuzzy Edge Detector.

Josh's link on his plugin page isn't linked to the right file!

I referenced hippiechos' tutorial on highlights and shading and provided a link to it...it's in the tutorial.  It's simply adding (2) separate layers, naming one 'highlights' and setting the blending mode to 'color dodge' and naming the other one 'shading' and setting the blending mode to 'color burn'.  Using shades of grey and the paintbrush tool, you will be able to highlight or shade parts that you desire to make them stand out.  I don't know what happened with the grey lines, but your bubbles came out good! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

You are so welcome @LionsDragon!   You've piqued my curiosity....can't wait to see...hopefully you will post it!  :)

Josh fixed his plugin link for Fuzzy Edge Detector.  I'm removing the Dropbox link in the tutorial post.

Thank you @Joshua Lamusga!   :)