How to Install Plugins ×

ShapeMaker - by the Dwarf Horde v1.7.0.4 (May 21, 2022)

toe_head2001

This is a brilliant update. ShapeMaker has become a great deal easier to use as a result of toe-head's efforts.

Many thanks for all your hard work toe_head. I hope you don't regret joining the Horde :lol:

• Upvote 1

• Ego Eram Reputo pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hmm, a bigger workspace, maybe the most obvious at the moment when working with it. But in my opinion, this plugin is so awesome that it deserves to be a standalone app. There are not much vector editors out there, this would be perfect for what it would be meant for, simple vector drawing with advanced features at the same time. Never thought about it ?

Another idea : integrate all of these features natively in paint.net, so it will turn into a hybrid editor with all of its basic features, plus simple vector drawing. All that combined with the power of plugins would make paint.net a tenor in the domain.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

Have you tried the maximize (full screen) U.I. button at the very top right of the window

Except the Maximize button and the related changes were made after the v1.3 release, so not everyone can do that yet. :P

• Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

5 hours ago, Ilko said:

Another idea : integrate all of these features natively in paint.net, so it will turn into a hybrid editor with all of its basic features, plus simple vector drawing. All that combined with the power of plugins would make paint.net a tenor in the domain.

ShapeMaker was created and developed by The Dwarf Horde, which is a loose collection of software developers, artists and friends who are devoted to paint.net. Paint.net itself is developed by Rick Brewster, so he calls the shots about what is included and added to the set of features.

We're just happy to be allowed to play in this wonderful playground that Rick has created :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just added 3 shape packs. I did all of them with the prior updated version of ShapeMaker but when adding one more shape to one of my shape packs, before wrapping all of my shape packs up I installed the latest version of ShapeMaker and I noticed it's not doing a function it did for me in the prior version. So, I wanted to know how to uninstall the latest version of ShapeMaker, which I thought ran smoother but was installed with an .exe installer, and just re-install the prior version, which appears to have been a .dll file.

I've looked in all yellow files within the pdn file systems and can't seem to locate that particular plugin to remove it. Thanks.

Edited by ScrapbookWithPDN

39 minutes ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

... I noticed it's not doing a function it did for me in the prior version.

What function is it not doing? If I don't know about the issue, I can't fix it.

Anyway, the file is called DHShapeMaker.dll. If you really want the old version, I can sent it to you in a P.M.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Ahhh...I was looking under "S" instead of "D" in "effects"...my bad. (I have many effects in that file folder).

I still have the dll file for the prior version, but thank you for offering it. Appreciated.... Sorry to alarm you if I did. You are excellent at what you do and you've made some very cool and helpful other plugins. I'm going to try to do a few more functions with SM now that I'm not in a rush, switching back and forth the versions, and make sure.

It's really nice to be able to zoom in much closer. I love the glowing of the active line being used.

I didn't want to make a big deal or alarm you about anything that's why I just wanted to know how to uninstall the newest version until I was certain.

Thank you for the quick response.

+1

The documentation has been updated to reflect the changes in v1.4.

User manual runs to 52 pages and is (I hope) clearer and the layout improved. We've also updated the Quick Start guide.

@toe_head2001 deserves all the credit for the new features and UI.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, Red ochre said:

Hi IIko,
Have you tried the maximize (full screen) U.I. button at the very top right of the window and increasing the zoom level, right at the bottom?;)

And after spending 3 hours in Shapemaker - I learn this ^^. Heres my shape of choice. The most popular spaceship in the galaxy - Any guesses?

EnterpriseFromShapemaker.png.97fe74d6ba2213bddad3dabfc415fd6d.png

• Upvote 2

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

3 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

And after spending 3 hours in Shapemaker - I learn this ^^. Heres my shape of choice. The most popular spaceship in the galaxy - Any guesses?

EnterpriseFromShapemaker.png.97fe74d6ba2213bddad3dabfc415fd6d.png

Constitution class Federation Starship, most likely NCC-1701-A (from the Constitution class refit) judging by the shape of the tractor beam emitter and the design on the side of the warp drive hull....

Or, y'know, the Enterprise.... ;)

• Like 1

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

• 2 weeks later...