How to Install Plugins ×

Planetoid - make your own planets

Ego Eram Reputo

Excellent job and quite an extraordinary result! I may have helped but the sheer intensity of this plugin and attention to detail  was all you, my friend.  Dwarves!

Edited by TechnoRobbo
  • Upvote 6

Go out there and be amazing. Have Fun, TR
TRsSig.png?raw=1
Some Pretty Pictures Some Cool Plugins

Pffffttttt.  Three days?  Three WHOLE days??  With this new Planetoid plugin you can create a planet with one mouse click ;)

Excellent plugin! Saves us a lot of extra work. Thank you. 

I think that intro - Genesis - it was not necessary.

I like jokes, but I think now was not the case. 

How about "Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain"? (Exodus 20:7)

kqemfZX.png

Edit reason: Add my attempt.
Edited by xod
  • Upvote 4

Awesome! I'll be downloading this one for sure. Great work EER.

Have to agree with xod though. The intro is a nice idea but a bit long winded. I think for creating such a great plugin we can forgive you though! Lol

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I thought my intro was VERY CLEVER. Parallelling God making the heavens and the earth with a Paint.NET user making a bit mapped planet! Hahaha....Oh :(

Obviously some did not appreciate my sense of humor....

*sigh*

• Upvote 2
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 1

Amazing plugin. Well done EER & TR on a great colab, the UI is excellent and the plugin works very fast ineed. Top work B)

earth_zpsef51a56f.png

• Upvote 3

BREtKQW.png

I thought my intro was VERY CLEVER. Parallelling God making the heavens and the earth with a Paint.NET user making a bit mapped planet! Hahaha....Oh :(

*sigh*

Great sense of humour and I did like the idea but on my Nexus 7's small screen it looked like someone was spamming again! It was not until I scrolled down a bit that I realised it was an outstanding new plugin. Some people could easily have seen the same thing and just clicked away from the thread without knowing what they had missed. Maybe if the link to the plugin was at the beginning of the post instead of the end you could include Genesis as well. Just a thought. ☺

Nice planet DrewDale.

Edited by Goonfella

*sigh*

I thought it was funny.

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Well here is my first serious attempt with Planetoid. I have called it Genesis because it took less than 3 days! :lol:

I think this plugin is definitely worth pinning.

th_Genesis.jpg

Edited by Goonfella
  • Upvote 3

@XOD:  Nice image - it looks like the planet is still being formed.  All molten and lava.  Nice nebulae and halo effect too.

@DrewDale:  I like that a great deal.   :star:

@Mottoman:  You've got a sense of humor like mine!  Thanks for posting that!

@Red Ochre:  You're welcome.  Thanks for helping us out with the development. 

@Goony:  you also have a wicked sense of humor.  Three days indeed!  Harumph. :D  Very impressed with the spacescape.

To all the downloaders - Thanks for trying out this plugin and the nice comments.  It's always humbling to have your work received with such enthusiasm.

Man,I have mixed emotions on this plugin.I went through all that work learning techniques all these months from users mostly on here and a little myself for making planets from scratch.Now,anyone who's fingers aren't broken can make a planet with a click or 2 and that just makes me jealous.Anyway,this is a very very cool plugin.Good work Ego and those who helped him.

Edit: I thought the intro was clever as well.

Edited by johnnysdream

I think this plugin is definitely worth pinning.

Agreed.  Done.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.

@JohnnysDream: Don't give up on the techniques you've learned. They are valuable.  Planetoid fills a niche.  I fully suspect that Gods advanced users will continue to make their own planets because of the fine control they have over the results.  However - if you want to whip up a planet REALLY quick, Planetoid should do the job nicely.

And now you have more time to make amazing skies with nebulae, globular clusters and Magellanic clouds to hang these planets in - until I crank out a plugin to do that too :mrgreen:

@David:  Thanks for the pin!

Ego Eram Reputo, TechnoRobbo, Red ochre I love yours plugins. Thank you, all of you. 

98n6gukm.png

• Upvote 3

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks for posting your results Yellowman and Lloyd :star:

The posters in this thread are already creating stunning works with Planetoid, especially in combination with other effects.  See yellowman's image above for an example.  Nice use of a bit of extra lighting!  Same can be said of Lloyd's yellow planet - that halo effect is very nice.

• Upvote 1

Nice work Oceana! Thank you for posting your pastel planets. They look good enough to eat!

Just wanted to say that this plugin is brilliant, i never at all really comment on anything that i think is great but this is some great development. Now i can create planets for my game that i was going to scrap :)

All right all, let's not go off-topic here.