Create Opalescent Stained Glass

lynxster4

Oh, wow, you did it so fastJC_exclamation.gif Will certainly give it a go asap! Many thanks! JC_cheesy.gifappl.gif

I've been known to pull all-nighters!  Haha!    :lol:

Your welcome! Looking forward to seeing your result, Max....... :)

I'm not sure I fully understand the gap problem, so I probably shouldn't offer suggestions, but I will anyway. Assuming (as it seems to be) that the leading layer is on top and will cover the glass edges, you might be able to merge all the glass layers, then use my Edge Expander plugin to fill in the space between the glass pieces. (I hope that's a sensible suggestion, and apologize if it's not.)

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure I fully understand the gap problem, so I probably shouldn't offer suggestions, but I will anyway. Assuming (as it seems to be) that the leading layer is on top and will cover the glass edges, you might be able to merge all the glass layers, then use my Edge Expander plugin to fill in the space between the glass pieces. (I hope that's a sensible suggestion, and apologize if it's not.)

@MJW...thank you for the suggestion! I'm going to try it. I have close to 400 files in my effects folder and sometimes you forget everything you have available to you. (You get tunnel-vision.)

I'll let you know if this solves the 'gap' problem because it would eliminate a lot of steps!     :)

Great Tut. It will lends itself to that Tiffany style as well as ecclesiastic art. 

@TR....thanks bunches!  I really appreciate that comment!    11_4_126v.gif

Dear lynxster!   :star:

The Water Lily is a superb.   :trophy:  Thank you so much.

2x I have tried and 2x paint.net crashed repeatedly.

I'll try again. 

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Pinned.  This is one of the best results I've seen in ages.

• Upvote 2

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Pinned.  This is one of the best results I've seen in ages.

@david.atwell.....I am honored that you pinned this!     :D      Thank you so much...it means a lot to me.      :beer:  :pizza:   or   :mtdew:  :cake:      (My first pin!)

Edited by lynxster4

@MJW....I am forever grateful that you stopped by and suggested your plugin. Works beautifully!    :mrgreen:  

I'm editing this tutorial pronto!    Thanks, again!    :star:    (Your plugin will always be in the back of my mind now)

A great tutorial @Lynxster - Thank You :D .  Thank goodness too, for @MJW's Edge Expander which really makes a difference in filling that tiny gap.

Congratulations on the Pin too :beer::pizza::mtdew:

Here's my effort:

Pixey, that is just fabulous!  Love your color combinations!     :)    Bravo!!     Right back atcha'     :beer:  :pizza:  :mtdew:  :cake:

Congrats on the pin Lynxster4!

Thank you, Red!    :D

@david.atwell.....I am honored that you pinned this!     :D      Thank you so much...it means a lot to me.      :beer:  :pizza:   or   :mtdew:  :cake:      (My first pin!)

You can keep the :mtdew:, but I'll happily take the :beer:, :pizza:, and :cake:. ;)

Well done, though. Seriously, keep this up and it definitely won't be your last.

• Upvote 1

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

I had an idea that might simplify the procedure, and which seemed to work.

Duplicate the outline layer.

Select the white area with the Magic Wand in Global Mode at 50% tolerance.

Invert the selection.

Erase the selection.  (Now only the white areas remain.)

Set the color to fully white by using Adjustment>Hue/Saturation with Lightness set to 100. (This eliminates any gray edge pixels.)

Run Edge Expander with default values, except Maximum Distance set to 2. (This makes the white pixels fully opaque, and decreases the separation between the white regions.)

Select each region with the Magic Wand in Contiguous Mode at 50%, add the Gradient Bars, and blur with Gaussian Blur (Clamped).

When finished, use Edge Expander to fill in the transparent lines between regions.

Add a leading layer on top.

EDIT: Modified the "make white pixels opaque" step to use the Edge Expander instead of the Transparency adjustment. This has the advantage of decreasing the gap size that must be filled by the later edge expansion. The expansion of 2 is based on an original edge width of 6. The value can be the largest value that won't result in any white regions touching.

Edited by MJW
  • Upvote 1

I had an idea that might simplify the procedure, and which seemed to work.

@MJW....I will try this when I get some time.     Unfortunately 'work' is getting in the way!     :(     ;)

Edited by lynxster4

Dear Pixey!  

WOW! The colors really compliment each other. Nice!  :cake:  :mtdew:

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Hey Gals and Girls & Guys - thanks for the compliments :D .

Here's a rose for ya'll.

oQy7zuP.png

Edited by Pixey
  • Upvote 5

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hey Gals and Girls & Guys - thanks for the compliments :D .

Here's a rose for ya'll.

Pixie, that rose is just lovely! Again, really nice color combinations! I'm glad you are enjoying this tutorial!    :mrcyan:

I'm out of reps....I'll catch you when I'm re-stocked!      Done!   :)

Edited by lynxster4

Thank you, Seerose. Yes, I am aware of Ella's tutorial. Slightly different than mine, but nonetheless good!    :)    I rep'd you on page 20 of your gallery.   Beautiful work!    :mtdew:  :cake:

• Upvote 1

Thank you, Seerose. Yes, I am aware of Ella's tutorial. Slightly different than mine, but nonetheless good!    :)    I rep'd you on page 20 of your gallery.   Beautiful work!    :mtdew:  :cake:

Dear lynxster!  

Your tutorial is also very nice. Another method

So I would also love to try the. Thanks again.  <3

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Dear lynxster!  

Your tutorial is also very nice. Another method

So I would also love to try the. Thanks again.  <3

Danke.    :)

• Upvote 1