How to Install Plugins ×

ShapeMaker - by the Dwarf Horde v1.7.0.4 (May 21, 2022)

12 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

This version fixes the crash @Pixey found way back in April.  Sorry it took so long.

Thank you so much @toe_head2001 I really feel special, as it seems I was the only one having the trouble 👍

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

FYI @toe_head2001   The installer does not run for me, even if I run as administrator.  It simply won't open.

In the download .zip version, it is still version 1.7.0.1.  Can you update the zip to v1.7.0.2 please?  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

The installer does not run for me, even if I run as administrator.  It simply won't open.

I concur - it didn't work for me either.  I had to download the 2nd Zip, which gives the .dll, but had to also edit the download - to add .Zip to open it 😀

All is working fine now :)

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Be aware @Pixey that the .dll in the zip file is not version 1.7.0.2.  It is version 1.7.0.1.

Right-click the .dll and click on Properties, then go the Details tab.  It tells you what version it is.

3 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

It tells you what version it is.

Perhaps @toe_head2001 forgot to re-name the version?  I have been working with it all morning and it has not crashed once.  A mystery 😆.

30b8T8B.gif

Ladies - run the app and you should see the 1.7.0.2 in the toolbar.

Installer worked for me after getting through all the protection levels on my machine.

Coding has shown me there are a few areas that you need to update to show the 1.7.0.2 everywhere.

Edited by AndrewDavid

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

That's a bit crazy. I finally got the installer to run after I gave it permission to share with myself!

And the Advanced Menu was still showing it as version 1.7.0.1, but when I opened the plugin as @AndrewDavid suggested, it lists it as v1.7.0.2.

So, I guess all is well.  It might be the same with the .zip file.  I did not open the plugin.  😆

FYI:  Just verified that the .zip file contains version 1.7.0.2 also

Edited by lynxster4
added FYI

• 1 month later...

I'm having issues getting the plugin to appear at all after installing. I've been using paint.net for years but this is my first attempt to use any sort of plugins. After installing the latest version of the DLL file and restarting the program (also tried a reboot of the whole PC), no 'advanced' tab appears under effects and my plugins menu is empty in the program settings. Does anybody know what I need to do get ShapeMaker working on my computer? Running 4.3.3 on Windows 10, if that's relevant. 

21 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

Hi @Tum

Try placing the dll and guides in C:\Users\(Current User\Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects

Wow! There was no Effects folder at that directory, so I made one and pasted them in there. It worked like a charm! Thanks for the help, looking forward to using it.

• 2 months later...

Hello @Silvra13 and welcome to the forum :)

That's looks very odd.  I have tried mine and it's working fine.  Can you 'Maximize it' - little square box top right side of the Plugin, and see if that helps.

30b8T8B.gif

Just a thought, I am using a new Processor and Motherboard, so it might be a driver issue.  But I'm not having any problems with anything else.  Not even paint.net, just Shapemaker.

EDIT:  which I'm using the latest version of

Edited by Silvra13

I've decided I will not be releasing any updates for ShapeMaker until after the next release of paint.net (v4.3.8).

In the meantime, you'll need to use ShapeMaker at 100% DPI scaling.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @toe_head2001. I need to report an error message in ShapeMaker plugin.  I am now getting this when I save the completed shape to a .dhp file.

SM_Error.png

This happens in the stable build Rick just released, 4.3.8, and also happened in the beta version. Version 4.3.7 saved the .dhp file just fine.

You can still export the file as .xaml and it works, but you cannot save to .dhp, which I always do in case I need to make some adjustments.

Hope this can be fixed.  Thank you!