Red ochre's diabolical drawings - update 13th Feb 2022 (last page)

Red ochre

So glad you have your gallery open! You have a fantasy-style to your work and a little bit surrealism in there--very interesting. I like your photo edits and your color choices. By the way, the dude at the bottom is a funny little guy. He's pretty creative, I see. :)

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Question is: Whose blood is he drawing in? :lol:

Seriously nice gallery Red Ochre. Evensong and noRules brought me a smile!

Thanks.

Evensong and noRules brought me a smile!

Very cool. I think the 2 that EER mentioned are probably my 2 favorites. Thanx for sharing.

No rules rules! Humbug, teapot & butterfly also rank highly.

Red Ochre - you are wicked! Really wicked! All this time you've had these amazing images & only now you hare them? Shame on you! Thanks for sharing now :) Love the humour in the images & of course, dragons are wonderful.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Crazy love Evensong and Spheredragon15.

Pentagram has a moody feel to it that I would like to capture in my own work

and the weather changes in the cloud series is very interesting.

All great images and sense of humor.

Thank you for sharing.

SloppySig.png

Hello all!

Thanks for all the positive remarks (and the encouragement you've given me with the plugins too).

@Helen - many thanks - I'm really a 'Surrey-ale- ist' meaning I live in Surrey and prefer ale to lager :beer::D

@EER - I was going to go on at length about the role of Iron oxide based pigments in sacred cave art - thruth is, I tried Englishred - but the username was taken - (red ochre = English red = Venetian red = sanguine = rust = blood etcetc).

@Jim - thanks - I prefer the control of pencil too - hence trying to evolve a technique of scanning in drawings then manipulating them. - your photo manip's are great btw.

@Barbieq25 - thanks - I'm not really wicked but decided to play up to it since 'rock'nroll' misread my username as red ogre!

@doughty - thanks too - Re: colour(color?)/mood - I find sometimes less is more - if you start from a very muted palette of colours you've always got somewhere left if you need something brighter + always good to experiment.

@welshy - hope that shoulder gets better soon - glad your using 'overblur' - used a bit of that on the figures in 'evensong' to try to get a metallic feel.

To all - it was your galleries that showed me what a powerful program this is - many thanks :D

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 1 month later...

How many times can I say "Wow" - insert popping eyeballs smiley here! Your work is awesome and I'm so impressed with each and every one! Great work :biggrin:

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...

Oooh...wow! These are cool. The wheat field is amazingly done and how you put your avatar name in there is so cool. The different 'overblur' images are very nice. The last one looks like a close-up view of a dandelion (I love dandelions, btw). The hidden face of the dragon was a tricky one. I thought it was just a design, but then I looked at it again and I saw the face jump out at me.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@ Helen, many thanks for being so positive - I love dandylions - so easy to grow! + I'm a Leo too! - (but not a dandy).

@ Yellowman - I'm sorting out the big clickable thumbnails now - thanks to your's and pdnnoob's advice.

That was my original intention when I wrote the gallery in html - then I had the nasty surprise that BBcode is different.

Just got to sort out and unhide the hidden ones now (most of the pre-re-sized 'thumbnails' are already uploaded fortunately).

Thanks both.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I agree with Helen but also the tree in the crop circles really spins my wheels. It is always a pleasure to see your new work. I love your ideas!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Nice shiny text and I really like the scarecrow in the field ...... perhaps there is a field mouse somewhere in there? And, the beach tree looks really 'petrified' - amazing :smile: And, the monster in the picture looks just like an image in the Indonesian Ramayana story - great piece!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 2 weeks later...

Barbie',Dug,Nanette & Welshy' - thanks for the kind comments.

The recent ones are less polished - all started as experiments really. I was pleased with the sky and shingle in Beach tree because they were generated simply from the clouds effect and noise respectively. - then throwing loads of plugins at it!

Similarly 'Dandy lion' was generated up from noise. It fascinates me that this programme and it's plugins (essentially maths) can produce things that are even remotely similar to nature.

Things like trees and scarecrows I draw on paper in b/w then scan and distort in Pdn. - technology still can't beat the speed and simplicity of good old pencil! - Mind you the face in fire dragon was created with Pyro's excellent 'liquify' - where would we be without that?

Thanks again :D

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Red Ochre, there is so much math & order in nature that without it life would not exist. There seems to be a randomness about trees the way they grow true. But take a look at a pine forest...ever wondered why the trees are so similar in size & shape? Why do a field of sunflowers all grow to more or less the same height?

Nature makes the math beautiful. :) PDN & the plugins let us create a facsimile.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

pentagram13athumb.png

This one just blew my mind.

Amazing pieces here.

• Upvote 1

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers - Zeri, Welshy, Barbie, Nannettte, Dug ... hope I haven't missed anyone, but I'll have to go back a page to see the names - and my computer will probably blow up!

Barbie - don't get me started on maths, art, the universe and everything - apparently we're only a holographic projection from the event horizon of a distant black hole - well that's one theory! (I didn't make that one up either).

A few new ones at the top - flowers, face & snakehand count as photo-manips, I think. The other 2 are just playing with plugins and gradients then Xor on the layers. ;)

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Firstly, I want to apologize for not commenting. I can't believe I missed your works. I'm usually here commenting on the most recent additions to galleries and for some reason, I missed yours.Please forgive me. Okay, so I want to ask how you did the "snakehead." It reminds me of the thing they sold for kids. Gosh, I forgot the name of it. Where you put your hand in and they're needle-like pins and it leaves an imprint like in the image you showed. I wish I knew the name of it. Stupendous work, Red Ochre! I sometimes get even kind of emotional when works are that good or sometimes get goosebumps because artwork is just amazing (maybe it's a Siberian thing because all my family members are like that). I want to say that I felt both for all your latest images. Just spectacular, incredible, impressive works! :)

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA