Pixey

Pixey's Gallery - Dryad Squirrel.

863 posts in this topic

On 2/17/2017 at 11:21 AM, Pixey said:

@lynxster4 thankies a whole bunch ;).  I have a feeling you and I would have a 'lotta larfs' if we got together.  Yup - that old Texture Merger is much fun, but sure a challenge!

And I the same!  ;)

Wow @Pixey....that is so mesmerizing and opalescent!  I love it!   <3    (rep later)

Great job Pixey! It's absolutely gorgeous! Any woman would be proud to receive a brooch like that as a gift!

Love the texturing surrounding it also!

Oh for cryin' in a handkerchief, that's amazing! From the Crown Jewels of PDNation? :)

<3 OMG! Dear Pixey! 

I like the glassy look it has. :trophy:  The light reflections are awesome! Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Thank you so much guys & gals: @lynxster4 @Woodsy @LionsDragon and @Seerose for stopping by to comment and I's so happy you all like it.  Yes, @LD I think we do have a PDNation going on here in the forum :D.

A big thank you too to the others who gave a Rep point smileys-flowers-875046.gif 

Mind-blowing red tones, looking a bit like a dragon eye!!Laie_60Amini.gif

Thank you so much @Maxililian - BTW I love your new avvie.  It looks like one of the big black crows we used to get in the Isle of Man :).

And thank you for noticing the new guy :) The eagle that was my previous avvie is the first bird head I've sketched after many years without trying to sketch anything. These days I'm more into ravens and crows, and there's also a hummingbird and a cardinal that I haven't finished :) It began as a pencil-on-paper preliminary work, and then I went about adding feathers and other details in PdN. Here's the guy in full size if you want to pay a look (click on thumbnail):

Huginn_Sketch_1_upscaled_b.jpg

@Maximilian, that's fantastic! Corvidae have a very special meaning to me, and your blackbirds look awesome!

In that case I'll have to let you know when I finish other corvidae I'm working on, @LionsDragonLAieA_008.gif

<3 Dear @Maximilian

Very inspirational. This is absolutely beautiful! :trophy: Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Beautiful work as per usual Pixey :-)

I like your use of Dents.

Thank you very much @Rickhum :D

And my latest attempt at Glass.

xBBmswe.png

Apart from looking like glass, each of those apples seem to have a light of their own. I like it. :]

Gorgeous! Although it makes me think of an unsettling Neil Gaiman story...this is not a bad thing. ;)

Nice. You really like that globe effect. So many different things you can do with it too. Another inspiring work of art.

MGT9iTs.png

<3 Wow! @Pixey!

I envy your talents. Beautiful combination of colours. :trophy: Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Thank you so much @ReMake B)

@Beta0 - It's great to see you on here again.  Thank you for the kind comments :D

@LionsDragon - Golly, I had to Google Neil Gaiman (I see he's English)  He's perhaps a bit like Steven King (who lives not far from me) and I'm glad my Apples didn't scare you to death :lol:

@AndrewDavid Thank you very much ..... perhaps I'll have lay off the globes for while :)

@Seerose You so very kind and I thank you very much :cake:(will get back with a Rep tomorrow).

The 3D effect on the apple stalks is brilliantly done. Great job!

10 hours ago, Pixey said:

@Beta0 - It's great to see you on here again.  Thank you for the kind comments :D

You're welcome. :]

jIUaSlo.png

Promoted to the Galleria. Congratulations @Pixey