How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

6 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

How about "Incompatible"?

That works best.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

Done. It will show up next month.

• 4 weeks later...

Cancel out the changes to incompatible. I worked out a optimization to G'MIC Fragment Blur (Not ideal, but 160% faster) thanks to garagecoder over another forum I go to. That means they certainly will be updated by next month.

• Like 1

G'MIC Filter Developer

I am away from this forum for undetermined amount of time: If you really need anything related to my PDN plugin or my G'MIC filter within G'MIC plugin, then you can contact me via Paint.NET discord, and mention me.

No problem - you're just in time ;)

@Ego Eram Reputo Just a heads-up.  @Reptillian's 'Tiled Form' plugin is listing it under Effects-->Artistic.  He moved it awhile age to Effects-->Stylize.

(And I wondered why I couldn't find it...)  🤪  Thanks for all you do!

Yes, good catch. I also moved Axis Streak to Object for usage clarification. There also might be dll files name changes (I wasn't really paying attention to the original name or forgotten about that.)

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

I'm late with the Index this month - so there is stil time :)

I'll whack in the change when I update it tomorrow.

Thanks People!

December Update

A handful of new plugins this month.

Welcome to the three new authors, unyxium, iOrange & xchellx who have released their very first plugins!

Sorry for the delay getting this edition up ;)

GIF Images and Animations FileType Midora Loads and saves GIF (*.GIF) and animated GIF (*.AGIF) files. A PDN 4.3+ update of the previous incarnation known as ImGIF/AGIF. Installation: unzip and copy the ImAGIF.filetype folder with all it's contents to PDNs FileTypes folder.

Override HSV unyxium Edit any of the Hue, Saturation & Value (HSV) channels, setting all pixels to a new value. Think of this as the typical hue/sat tool except you are overwriting channels with a certain value (rather than adding/subtracting).

Perlin Waves Pascal Uses Perlin noise to generate a wave texture. Source code supplied.

QOI FileType iOrange Load and save QOI (Quite OK Image) formated images. The format losslessly compresses RGB/A images to a similar size of PNG, while offering a 20x-50x speedup in compression and 3x-4x speedup in decompression. Source available on GitHub.

TXTR FileType xchellx TXTR file format support as found in the Metroid Prime series of games. Supports loading and saving of all texture types associated with the format.

Voronoi Pascal Generate Voronoi diagram/cells/textures. These shapes partition a plane into regions close to each of a given set of objects. Source code provided.

• Upvote 2

Happy New Year PDNers! :)

January 2022 Update

There are a few new plugins this month (technically there were a couple more, but I snuck them in last month's update).

Emboss/Relief+ Reptillian Enhanced version of the Emboss effect.  Options: change radius, change internal convolution kernel, and the ability to isolate color channels for individual convolution. Source code available. Based on code found here https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/9645-steerable-gaussian-filters

Three-Coupled Oscillators Reptillian Bifurcation diagram for two-parameters of torus-map or three-coupled oscillators (creates brilliantly colored wave-form type patterns). Source code provided.

WEBP Animations and Images Midora Loads WEBP animation and image files. NOTE: the plugin author has used the file extension .awebp to denote animations. Animated images will need to have their extension changed to enable loading.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

February Update

Four new plugins this month. Enjoy!

Hitomezashi Stitch Reptillian Generates Hitomezashi Stitch (colored pixel art type patterns). Code is based on the spreadsheet found here https://aperiodical.com/2020/12/mobile-numbers-hitomezashi-stitching/ Codelab source provided.

Icon Format WestRage Icon Creator plugin to load and save icon files *.ico. Source code available.

InkSketchPlus 6.0 AndrewDavid Combines Ink Sketch effect with Brightness & Contrast controls.

PNG Animations and Images Midora Loads PNG animations and images. Saving is currently not supported. This update replaces the plugin previously known as ImAPNG. NOTE: the plugin author has used the file extension .apng to denote animations. Animated images will need to have their extension changed to *.apng to enable loading.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Hooray 1

• 1 month later...

March Update

Well....nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada. Nil. Not a sausage. I guess all the cool plugins have been written, right? :mrviolet:

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

March Update

Well....nothing. Zip. Zero. Nada. Nil. Not a sausage. I guess all the cool plugins have been written, right? :mrviolet:

There is one :) I've published my PDF/AI alternative plugin on Feb 7. It was in "Plugin Developer's Central" section previously. It's compatible with PDN 4.2.16+, doesn't require GhostScript and contains an installer.

Edited by otuncelli
add link
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2022 at 6:31 AM, otuncelli said:

There is one :) I've published my PDF/AI alternative plugin on Feb 7. It was in "Plugin Developer's Central" section previously.

Sorry. I missed that.

When a thread gets moved the start date doesn't get updated. I'll flag it for the next update.

• Like 1

April Update

Just the one plugin this month. A re-release of otuncelli's PDF filetype plugin (which made it's way out of the primordial ooze that is the Plugin Developers forum and parked itself in the public eye). Actually, that happened back in February - but I missed it :(

As an aside - the Plugin Index now has 1103 entries  🤯

Portable Document Format otuncelli File type plugin for opening/saving PDF (Portable Document Format) files. It also has ability to import Adobe® Illustrator® Artwork (.ai) files saved with PDF compatibility option. Source code available.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Description change request on Rainbowify:

Converts the average of RGB channel into Hue Range, and then add a gradient, and finally wrap it around to [0-1) range. This results in a image that has rainbow following the contour of the original image. Inspired by the Rainbowify effect by Jonathan Frech. G'MIC and CodeLab source provided.

I think the added "This results in a image that has rainbow following the contour of the original image. " make it easier for non-coders to comprehend. I get that coders can understand it well enough without the added description.

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

How's this?

Recolors an image with a rainbow-effect which follows the contour of the original image. Inspired by the Rainbowify effect by Jonathan Frech. For coders: Converts the average of RGB channel into Hue Range, and then adds a gradient, and finally wrap it around to [0-1) range. G'MIC and CodeLab source provided.

That's much more coherent. That will work.

G'MIC Filter Developer

May Update

There are five new plugins this month....and here they are!

Arc Text VeLC Renders text along an arc. A remix of DPY's Circle Text with different UI and new math. Source code provided.

Archimedean Dots VeLC Draws dots along the path of an Archimedean spiral. CodeLab source code provided under LPGL-3.0 license.

Archimedean Spiral VeLC Draws an Archimedean spiral. C# code snippet provided under LPGL-3.0 license.

Color Cut 2022 otuncelli Updated version of DataDink's plugin of the same name. Removes the secondary color to create a cut out with blended, non-jagged edges. Color Threshold alters the color, Shade Threshold alters shade and Alpha Falloff controls the 'hardness' of the effect. Source code provided.

QuantDith AtariSMN82 Automates pseudo-toning using palettes with a small number of colors (think: the palettes of retro computer games). Contains a number of dithering algorithms taken from the manual DHALF.TXT. This is the full-color dithering version of AdvDith. Source code and a large number of palettes provided.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Hugs 1

June Update

Whew- this was a biggie. @BoltBait has republished his plugin pack and VeLC has a handful of new toys for us. @otuncelli has revived Color Cut (originally by DataDink).

enjoy B)

Archimedean Dots VeLC Draws dots along the path of an Archimedean spiral. CodeLab source code provided under LPGL-3.0 license.

Archimedean Spiral VeLC Draws an Archimedean spiral. C# code snippet provided under LPGL-3.0 license.

BoltBait's Plugin Pack for v4.3.10+ BoltBait 

Adjustments: Black and White+, Color Balance, Combined Adjustments, Hue/Saturation+, Temperature/Tint,  Transparency.

Effects: Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical.

Effects > Artistic: Dream, Oil Painting+, Pastel.

Effects > Blurs: Gaussian Blur Plus.

Effects > Composition: Complementary Colors.

Effects > Fill: Fill from Clipboard, Fill from File.

Effects > Object: Bevel Object, Feather, Inner Shadow, Object Shadow, Object Shadow 3D, Outline, Paste Alpha, Switch Alpha to Gray, Switch Gray to Alpha.

Effects > Photo: Combined Adjustments, Level Horizon, Meme Maker, Remove Dust, Sharpen Landscape, Seam Carving (Reduce Height & Reduce Width), Vignette+.

Effects > Render: Calendar, Charts and Graphs, Dimensions, Flames, Gradients, Grid / Checkerboard, Polygon / Stars.

Effects > Selection: Bevel Selection, Blur Selection Edge, Feather Selection, Inner Shadow Selection, Outline Selection.

Effects > Stylize: Floyd-Steinberg Dithering.

Effects > Text Formations: Creative Text Pro, Outlined / Gradient Text.

One palette file and more than 50 Shapes included. Plugin pack comes with it's own exe installer.

Color Cut 2022 otuncelli Updated version of DataDink's plugin of the same name. Removes the secondary color to create a cut out with blended, non-jagged edges. Color Threshold alters the color, Shade Threshold alters shade and Alpha Falloff controls the 'hardness' of the effect. Source code provided.

Complimentary Colors BoltBait Tells which accent colors to use (keys off the Primary color). Effect uses the RYB color model for more natural matches.

Object Shadow BoltBait Replaces Object Shadow Pro. Drop shadow effect for objects. For a code walk-through see How to Write an Effect Plugin (Part 7 - Extra Surface)

Object Shadow 3D BoltBait Replaces Object Shadow Pro. Drop shadow effect for objects. For a code walk-through see How to Write an Effect Plugin (Part 7 - Extra Surface)

Slab Text VeLC Transforms text into a rectangular block by adjusting the font size and kerning. Source provided.

Spiral Text (Spir@l Text) VeLC Draws text along an Archimedean spiral path. Codelab source released under license: LPGL-3.0

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Not "replaced by" but "replaces"

Doh! Sorry BB :(  I spent far too long fighting the PDF vs JSON formatting I was so proud of....

• 2 weeks later...