How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

August Update

Six new plugins this month. Something for everyone! 🤭. Enjoy!

AdvDith - 1 bit dithers AtariSMN82 Advanced dithering and desaturation algorithms. Dithering is performed using Black and White.

Circle Generator (CircleGen) Foxxey Render diffuse circles & donuts.

Duotone Gradient Mapping pascal Gradient mapping using 2 colors to represent dark and light tones. Post processing options include contrast and blend mode.

MathLaTeX Ego Eram Reputo Render equations marked up in MathLaTeX syntax.

OldPC  AtariSMN82 MSX & ZX Spectrum graphic emulator

Vanishing Trails MJW Vanishing Trails is similar to pyrochild's classic Trail plugin, but adds a perspective option.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

September Update

One new plugin this month - I've listed it even though it is still "in developement' because it is another excellent file type from @null54 - and everyone should know about it 😃

HEIC Filetype Plus null54 Allows HEIC images to be loaded and saved with transparency, and adds a few more options when saving. Note this plugin replaces Paint.NET's built-in HEIC support. Installation is non-standard (see instructions in the first post of forum thread).

In other news, the Plugin Index database has been migrated from an Excel spreadsheet to a cloud-based Google Sheet. The process of assembling the monthly updates is greatly improved and is no longer dependant on just myself.

This release is the first using the new format. You might find a few little changes. If you find something that is broken, please let me know!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

One new plugin this month - I've listed it even though it is still "in developement' because it is another excellent file type from @null54 - and everyone should know about it 😃

The only reason that I placed HEIC Filetype Plus in the Plugin Developers forum is due to the unusual installation instructions.

Also, I am surprised that you have not included my Avif FileType  in the Plugin Index.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

17 hours ago, null54 said:

the only reason that I placed HEIC Filetype Plus in the Plugin Developers forum is due to the unusual installation instructions.

Anyone who will be using the HEIC plugin should not be thrown by the installation instructions. I'd push it into the Filetypes forum so people can find it more easily.

Also, I am surprised that you have not included my Avif FileType  in the Plugin Index.

Good point. I'll add it next release. Same goes for this, Filetyes forum?

Done. I've moved them both.

6 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

CustomBrushMini plugin is no longer functional in 4.2.14

It's working for me @AndrewDavid it hangs a bit to begin with, but then settles down.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

could not post this message to the plugins thread

Did you try to post in this thread, which is working fine too?

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Hi @Pixey

No - It was this thread I tried to post to

I just tried CustomBrushesMini and it is working fine now. What I think happened was I was flipping between the two brush factories without restarting Paint.Net and I lost the menu screen (top row) from CustomBrushMini.

Edited by AndrewDavid
Added additional comments
  • Like 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

• 3 weeks later...

Typo. The URL is looking for the wrong forum topic.

An update is due out tomorrow. I'll flag this for correction.

October Update

One new plugin this month....

Scalable Vector Graphics Filetype otuncelli Filetype plugin for loading SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) and its compressed variant SVGZ files. SVG elements can be rendered all on a single layer, or each on a separate layer. The plugin is a tiny wrapper around the SVG.NET Library which does the actual SVG reading.

I also applied the fix for the Texture Shader link.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

November Update

A couple of interesting new plugins this month.

Mise En Abyme MJW Recursively copies the image into a selection to achieve a picture-in-a-picture effect (referred to as mise en abyme or the Droste effect).

Popcorn Fractal Reptillian Generates a Popcorn Fractal onto the active layer. Looks like a strange Sci-fi-glassy-LSD-trippy-Escher-Geiger sort of thing. More options than you could shake a stick at. Note: is computationally intensive (larger images & old systems may be SLOW to render). Plugin & source released under CeCILL v2.0 license.

Enjoy! B)

• Upvote 2
  • Hugs 1

December Update

Three new plugins this month, including one by new author xrModder!  Enjoy B)

Rotate by Torus Map Reptillian Donut (torus) distortion plugin. Similar in some ways to MadJik's Donut Distortion, but has more features including wraparound mode, blending between distortion, and more distortion modes.

NormalMap Restore Z from X and Y xrModder Converts an XY normal map to an XYZ version.

Skew Horizontal / Vertical BoltBait Skews an area by offsetting one side of a bounding rectangle in relation to the opposite side (imagine turning a rectangle into a parallelogram). Source Code provided.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/3/2020 at 10:24 AM, Reptillian said:

@Ego Eram Reputo You forgot Thorn Fractal.

My humble apologies. I've flagged this for inclusion at the next revision.

January Update

Here is the latest round-up of new plugins. Happy New Year to you all! B)

Dynamic Contrast ReMake Similar to the Photoshop's Dynamic Contrast filter, which allows the creation of high contrast images. Discussion of the color theory is a nice additional touch. Source code provided.

Fragment Blur+ Reptillian New version of Fragment Blur (algorithm is not exactly the same). New features are color space options, boundary options, utilize half image hypotenuse rather than distance, linear interpolation shift, superimposing the original. Source code available. Note non-standard installation due to the requisite supporting GmicSharpNative files.

Thorn Fractal Reptillian Fractal (Strange Attractor) generator. Ported from G'MIC-QT. Source code available (released under CeCILL v2.0)

Tiled Form Reptillian Create tiled shapes into the canvas. The colors are calculated by weighted average. Source code available. Note non-standard installation due to the requisite supporting GmicSharpNative files.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for keeping the index updated!

I notice that two word keyword phrases that work in the plugin browser do not work in the plugin index keyword search?
Try "Archimedean spiral" - two correct results in the plugin browser and none in the index search?
Nothing appears with just "archimedean" either. Some problem parsing the space between words prevents either term working perhaps?

Just thought I'd let you know.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

17 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

Nothing appears with just "archimedean" either.

As far as the Index is concerned, no plugin has the word "archimedean" in its description. Is there a plugin that should have "archimedean" in its description?

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab