How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

2 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Just remember, the DDS filetype plugin is only bundled at a certain point. If you have a newer DDS plugin installed, it will take precedence...

The same applies to the bundled WebP plugin.

Also, the DDSFileTypePlus description should be changed now that Paint.NET no longer has an 'internal' DDS filetype.

Perhaps it should say something like:

Bundled with paint.net 4.2.2 and later, allows paint.net to open and save some of the DDS formats introduced in DirectX 10 and later.
Source code has been made available on GitHub.

9 hours ago, SodiumEnglish said:

Should WebP Filetype plugin be labeled as integrated now or on the next index update?

I am not sure that tagging the plugins as integrated is appropriate, as it may imply to users that the plugin is finished and will not receive any more updates.

As @Rick Brewster stated in the release notes for 4.2.2,  paint.net will still search for the bundled plugins in the FileTypes folder, and will use the newest version it finds.

Read his blog post for more details.

https://blog.getpaint.net/2019/09/18/paint-net-4-2-2-is-now-available/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

I wonder then if Bundled could be a new status type for the index but if there are only two that apply it might not seem worth it and just keep them labeled active. Though that depends on if more could be bundled in the future. I do agree now that it is a gray area and doesn't really apply as integrated.

I have no problem adding Bundled  as a new status. It will only require a few minor tweaks to the code behind the Index.

• Like 1

That's where certain plugins are placed when paint.net is installed. These plugins are supplied with the installation package, so you don't have to download them separately.

You can still download & install the latest release of the plugin. It will be used if it is newer than the bundled version. This allows you to use any recent updates to the plugin without waiting for a new release of PDN.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:11 AM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I have no problem adding Bundled  as a new status. It will only require a few minor tweaks to the code behind the Index.

I've added the new "bundled" status as Active (Bundled) because the two plugins with this status are both active and bundled. This is the same pattern we've been using for Active (New) and it works in the same way.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

November Update

Six new plugins this month. Enjoy B)

Invert Anything Xhin Invert a wide variety of things: Red, Green Blue, Hue, Saturation, Contrast, Alpha & more.

Lattice Transform Xhin Takes a triangular section of an image and tiles it over the entire image. Similar to a six-sided kaleidoscope with resultant hexagons.

Polar Singularity Xhin Mirrors an image in an acorn-like shape towards a vanishing center point.

Rectangular Corner Fade bluebuiy Fade the corner of a selection. Like feathering, only significantly stronger. No option to control the strength of the effect.

Remove Black Xhin Turns black pixels into transparent pixels. Remaining pixels are altered into alpha versions of themselves depending on their darkness (smooths the effect).

Spherical Bulge Xhin Creates a bulge-like effect within a custom circular radius

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

? All of the authors should have working links. An example please?

Check only All Types and Any Status and you'll get a listing for each of the authors you mentioned.

I believe the request is to filter the author select box based on who all can possibly appear in the list based on your other criteria (keywords, type, status, etc.). So like if you selected All types and Any status you would see the current list but with default options the names he listed would no longer show.

This would be an easy thing to do but I'm not sure it is the behavior we want or that it is intuitive; unless many think otherwise.

The number of authors filtered out does not merit the change IMO. Less intuitive - yes I think so.

15 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

The number of authors filtered out does not merit the change IMO. Less intuitive - yes I think so.

I don't agree with this, but what if there was a checkmark to enable the option? Not worth it if I'm the only one that wants it, but this is one thing we'll have to wait on opinions about.

G'MIC Filter Developer

December Update

Three new plugins this month, including a couple of Xhin-style polar-y ones and a new plugin from an old friend. Enjoy B)

Coordinate Tracer Plotting  Wither Plot points on an image by rendering crosshairs & coordinates to the canvas.

Galaxy Transformation Xhin Spirals an image inwards in a deep galaxy/black hole sort of way. Can function like Polar Inversion plugin with more options.

Self Spiral Xhin Twists the entire image around itself and reflects it outwards. It's the love-child of the Droste and Polar Inversion effects!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Revisiting the Author select box suggestion, I may have found a middle ground solution. It is possible to style the options in the dropdown. We could style the author names who have no results with the current search settings. However, this will not work for every device. It will at least work with major browsers on desktop: Firefox, Chrome. It does not appear to work with Edge. Mobile devices often replace the dropdown with it's own native solution so it won't work there either. Not certain how intuitive this idea is either, thoughts?

image.png.855e427704b666ee9c978da812b7eb32.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

+1 Bravo! 👏

If we are going to filter Author selection by the Search criteria, I think we need to drop the list of Authors below Plugin Type and Plugin Status. I'm not adverse to this - I just think it 'flows'' better from top to bottom.

• 2 weeks later...

January Update

Two plugins this month, from two new authors 😎

Flood Fill Gradient msh Fill a closed shape with a gradient which extends along the path from the click point to the outer edge.

Image Modulo Toolkit Reptillian Useful for gradient map preparation, this Adjustment performs a modulus operation on the source pixels.

Happy New Year!!!

• Like 2