How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

Thanks @ReMake and @ardneh.

I've flagged the Brush Factory entry as obsolete in the Index and added a new entry for Dynamic Draw. This means people can still find Brush Factory and will get pointed to Dynamic Draw.

• Upvote 2

July Update

No new plugins this month. I've updated a couple of listings and added a new filter = "INCOMPATIBLE"

• Upvote 1

August Update

One new plugin this month. A conversion tool from Reptillian

RGB-8 To HSV-8 Reptillian Convert images from RGB-8 to HSV-8 (0-255 Range). Note: there are no parameters, the effect just runs and closes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh. That's weird. I'll fix it next update.

It was much worse than I thought! 🤯  Almost all the Index was misaligned by a line. New JSON file uploaded just now will fix it.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

On 8/4/2022 at 7:52 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Oh. That's weird. I'll fix it next update.

It was much worse than I thought! 🤯  Almost all the Index was misaligned by a line. New JSON file uploaded just now will fix it.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

We all make mistakes like this on occasion :) Thankfully it was an easy fix!

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

3 hours ago, NSD said:

Hi Rick.
Does PDN 4.2.16 "benefit" from this bug?
If so, is there any chance of correcting and re-releasing this version?

Install the latest version, which is currently 4.3.11. There is no other solution, nor will there be.

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

My bad. I completely missed it.

Sorry @Reptillian & thanks @AndrewDavid :star:

September Update

Three new plugins this month. Enjoy B)

Bit-Plane Shuffler Reptillian Shuffle the images bit-planes. Has the effect of introducing a radically different palette.

JPEG XL null54 Allows JPEG XL images to be loaded and saved using libjxl. Due to limitations in the libjxl version 0.6.1 API, EXIF and XMP metadata will not be loaded or saved. Source provided (MIT License).

PSX TIM null54 Allows Paint.NET to load the PSX TIM format. Supports loading the 4-bit and 8-bit, 16-bit and 24-bit formats. IN DEVELOPMENT. Source provided (MIT License).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Hooray 1

• 2 months later...

October & November Update

Well, there isn't one. No new plugins have been released into the wild in the last two months.

I'll keep setting the traps and let you know if I catch one :mrgreen:

• Hugs 1

Naah I'm going to give up. <kidding>

December Update

Here's a cool new plugin for you of an artistic bent.....

Bold Brushstrokes Robot Graffiti Reinterprets the source image as if it was composed from many overlapping brush strokes.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Release Date = Initial release. Generally, this won't change. The exception is if a new plugin/pack is released in a new thread.

I do try to maintain the compatibility tags.

I think that it makes sense to offload some of this work to the plugin writers and automate the rest.

For example, when publishing a plugin, its author will fill in a short template with the plugin name, version number, release date of the version, etc. and will update it in

It can be either in the first post of the corresponding thread, or externally, and can be scrapped on a schedule.

I am basing this suggestion on Notepad++.  It has a built-in plugin manager that shows which plugins are available, installed, updated, and incompatible:

image.png.68a4458aeb61cd933cf6a515c71d20c4.png

6 hours ago, alexo said:

I think that it makes sense to offload some of this work to the plugin writers and automate the rest.

I agree, but there are a number of problems in this plan. Quite a few plugin authors are bound to be non-compliant. This may be because they are unaware, not logging on to the forum, MIA or cannot be bothered. It is very rare for a plugin author to let me know when they make changes. I have to trawl the forum making changes when I spot them.

Rick may have some ideas in this space (a plugin manager has long been discussed). Until then, I'm going to keep on manually updating the Plugin Index (I've been doing so since I created the Index back in 2009 :)). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Hooray 1

January Update - Happy New Year PDNers :)

This month @SodiumEnglish and I have extended the Plugin Index to add a number of plugins which have been released for PDN 5x. If you want to use these plugins, you'll need to be running the public beta build of PDN 5x - available in the Preview Center.

Wall of Text Robot Graffiti Fits text into a rectangle to create a word-wall (a solid block of words). The plugin automatically adjusts the size of each line to fit into the selection bounds or the layer.

BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 BoltBait Adjustments: Black and White Plus, Color Balance, Combined Adjustments, Hue/Sat +, Transparency. Effects: Flip Horizontal, Flip Vertical. Effects > Artistic: Dream, Oil Paint+, Pastel. Effects > Blurs: Gaussian Blur+. Effects > Color: Complementary Colors. Effects > Fill: Fill from Clipboard, Fill from File. Effects > Object: Apply Alpha Mask, Bevel Object, Feather Object, Inner Shadow, Outline Object, Switch Alpha to Gray (Create Alpha Mask), Switch Gray to Alpha, Paste Alpha. Effects > Photo: Level Horizon/Plum Bob, Meme Maker, Photo Adjustments, Remove Dust, Seam Carving, Sharpen Landscape, Vignette Plus. Effects > Render: Calendar Creator, Chart / Graph, Dimensions, Flames, Gradients, Grid / Checkerboard, Polygon / Stars. Effects > Selection: Bevel Selection, Blur Selection Edge, Feather Selection, Inner Shadow, Outline Selection. Effects > Stylize: Floyd-Steinberg Dithering. Effects > Text Formations: Creative Text Pro, Outlined / Gradient Text. Two palette files and more than 50 Shapes included. Plugin pack comes with it's own exe installer.

CodeLab v6.7 for Paint.NET 5.0 BoltBait Plugin which creates plugins. Co-developed by toe_head2001. Note: Changes in Paint.NET v5.0 prevents older versions of CodeLab from running.  If you want to develop plugins in Paint.NET v5.0 you need this version of CodeLab.

G'MIC for Paint.NET 5.0 null54 A wrapper to host GREYC's Magic for Image Computing (G'MIC) filters. Hundreds of filters are available. In this release support has been added for reading multiple layers.

Photoshop Brush FileType for Paint.NET 5.0 null54 Load and save brushes used by Adobe® Photoshop®. Updated for PDN 5.0. Brushes sampled from image data are supported, dynamically computed brushes are ignored.

Plugin Browser for Paint.NET 5.0 toe_head2001 Pre-release of the Dwarf Horde's Plugin Browser updated for Paint.NET 5.0+ (following significant rewrite by lead developer toe_head2001). Locate, search and run effects (including chaining multiple Effects) from within the Plugin Browser. Search plugins by Menu, Author, Alphabetically or by Keyword(s). Bookmark and comment your favourite plugins. Find information on plugins and see an effect preview image (where available).

PSFilterPdn for Paint.NET 5.0 null54 Run (some) Photoshop Filters using paint.net 5.0.

• Like 3

Did you get @Ed Harvey's updated effects for 5.0?

I'm planning to have the final/stable release of 5.0 next week, after .NET 7.0.2 is released (they release updates on the second Tuesday of each month).

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg