LionsDragon

LionsDragon's Gallery--"Hrafna--Almost Home"

lynxster4    887

@LionsDragon....lovely rug and chandelier!   Yes, take Pixey's advice...that will help smooth out and sharpen up things. Drop shadow will make things 'pop'!

Keep up the good work!   :)

barbieq25    668

Oh the blue is fantastic! I love the idea you have with the gems around the necklace. Very pretty! Yes, do try Pixey's perfume bottle tute. I'm sure you will love the outcome.

LionsDragon    306

Thanks @barbieq25! I have started re-working the necklace with your antialias/shadow instructions, and @Pixey's tutorial. Really, really excited because I can see improvement already.

The blue was a total accident: Obsidian Dawn's website has some gemstone brushes that I was puttering around with, and I used a light turquoise on a transparent background. I ran @maccas' "Add Depth" plugin with some shadows, and kablooey--London Blue Topaz.

• Upvote 1

Pixey    1,949
14 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

The blue was a total accident: Obsidian Dawn's website has some gemstone brushes that I was puttering around with, and I used a light turquoise on a transparent background. I ran @maccas' "Add Depth" plugin with some shadows, and kablooey--London Blue Topaz.

@LionsDragon - you taught ME something today :) I never knew about that Add Depth plugin and have now downloaded it.

I love it when 'kablooey' happens.  You are working on something and Bam ............. it looks fantastic.  Sadly, those moments are rare ;).

• Upvote 2

LionsDragon    306

Well, it's taken me a few days, but here is the updated "Statement Necklace." I do like the results a lot more, although I still see room for improvement.

Statement%20Necklace%202_zps9r78hpah.jpg

Edited by LionsDragon
Image too large
  • Upvote 6

Pixey    1,949

Oh YES - much sharper and smoother now.  That AA's Assistant is a blessing - 'A PDNer's Friend' for sure :).

Oooooh - forgot to say that your signature is super - minimalist and very eye catching ;)

Edited by Pixey
pea brain forgot something
  • Upvote 1

Shochi    327

Hello LionsDragon,

i can recognize a huge potential in your work.

the fireplace is amazing. and the necklace too.

looking forward to see you in action;)

• Upvote 1

Seerose    1,902

Dear Lions Dragon!  <3

"Statement Necklace."  I love your new way of working! Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

LionsDragon    306

Well, I have my big project almost finished (minus some changes requested by the hubby), so I figured it was time for a break! I ran through some tutorials, and then tinkered around with ShapeMaker a bit more.

I felt like making a quilt since I never seem to have time or energy to make a real one! Now to try for something more realistic-looking, now that I've given my brain a rest.

V6yLYyL.png

• Upvote 4