Seascape - rough seas using Furblur

Red ochre

'Twas a dark and stormy night....

Dark_Seas.png

Very nice tutorial Red Ochre! :star:

• Upvote 4

WOAH.  Very impressive.

Y'know what, I'm just going to save time and pin this right now.  I am very impressed at the concepts you're teaching here, and the fact that a very evocative image comes from very simple origins.

2014 tutorial authors certainly have their work cut out for them if they want to win that Tut Author of the Year award.

• Upvote 2

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Red ochre!

Really great work, thank you... B) 

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Maybe we should all give up now ?

No, please don't!  I want a much more difficult decision.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

EER - great result! Thanks for trying it out and posting the results.

David - Many thanks for pin and the kind remarks.

Welshblue - If you can get it to look right at stage 12, the rest will be a doddle for you.

Seerose - thank you for saying thank you!

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

A great tute Red, congrats on a worthy pin. I have bookmarked to do this, looking at some great examples of what can be done from EER & Trevor. 

@Doughty - That looks amazing, the addition of the rocks and lighthouse sets it off, great work. B)

• Upvote 1

BREtKQW.png

Trevor - great example - thanks for posting!
I think you may have used a very slightly different setting for Furblur which gives the impression of the waves moving from left to right - great idea - works really well! :star:

Doughty - absolutely stunning 11/10! B)

Drew - Thanks for the congrats - looking forward to seeing your take on this! ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Trevor - great example - thanks for posting!

I think you may have used a very slightly different setting for Furblur which gives the impression of the waves moving from left to right - great idea - works really well! :star:

Yeah, I used a slightly different settings, and I also used a bit of displacement to create depth.

Red, a fantastic tute & a worthy pin!

It is hard to believe that none of these are photos. Outstanding work...Each one a little bit different but all beautiful :D

Welshy has again captured the moodiness that appeals to me.

Bookmarked for later :P

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Welshy - keep taking those meds!  That is ASTONISHING :star:

A fantastic take on it Welshblue, stunning work. B)

Heres my take on it, added some cliffs before making the gradients galore layers. Great tute Red +1 

seascaperesized.png

• Upvote 3

BREtKQW.png

Some really nice examples here, all of them look like real photographs. I hope to try this very soon, well written RedOchre, Congratulations on the pin too :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

@welshblue- Your image is simply beautiful; it's so serene  :)

My natural inclination was to make a dark, dreary, rainy night, but I decided to try something different and attempt to create a less moody picture (or at least a little less moody...)

LightSeascape_zpsccb1717a.png

• Upvote 2

Sorry Red that I didn't try this sooner,between you and TR it's getting hard to keep up with the new plugins,lol.  

This is a great tute. Of course I had to add my own twist to it though,lol   :D

seascape-b_zps4767b186.png

• Upvote 1

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Wow! Everyone continues to churn out such fab outcomes! Great work Skullbonz & Rocky.

Congratulations on the Galleria entries doughty & Welshy!

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Rocky - Good work! - thanks for posting.
I wanted to get people to use rotate and zoom to get a sense of depth into the sea and clouds, and use gradients for 'aerial' perspective - you have achieved that wonderfully!

Skull - 'tut well executed and aliens installed successfully! :lol: - nice one.

To all - thanks for giving the tut a go - good results all round!

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks to all who commented! Love the creativity, Skullbonz  ;) 

@welshblue; Glad you like it! Thanks for the rep  :) And thanks for the sig compliment as well. Kudos to MadJik (if I remember correctly) for the hexagon grid! ;) 

@RedOchre; Thank you so much! I love the concept of using Rotate/Zoom on something like this. I'd never thought of it before. It's so simple but gives it so much depth.