Seascape - rough seas using Furblur

Red ochre

Thanks to you all write plugins without you would be all nice pictures impossible.  :)

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 4 months later...

This was a good tutorial. I used it to make a sunset, which I used the wobble distortion plug-in to show the reflection.

r2v0Yb4.png

• Upvote 2

@Khudozhnik! bqz54stk.gif  A good result, very nice. Thank you for the sharing.

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good work Skull' - clouds and sea look good, great textures! and the rain and lightening are very well done too! B)

The ship may possibly cast a tiny subtle shadow from the bottom of the hull towards the lower lefthand corner?
Even add a small 'wake' and bow wave?
It may help it blend into the scene better - but only a thought - not a criticism! ;)
Possibly move it slightly upwards towards the horizon? ... and seagulls!... maybe an albatross!! :D

Then again, I like it the way it is!

Many thanks for posting the image. :beer:

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• Ego Eram Reputo featured this topic

You're welcome Red!

Woodsy and I are hard at work restoring as many tuts as we can. I couldn't do this without his help. He is an awesome assistant (and doing most of the work).

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

First attempt: failed at stage 12. Started playing with the settings and made this one instead (FurBlur rules).

Second attempt (right now): check.

for-Red.png

I think people who invent things like that are out of this planet a bit :jark:

PS. Thanks to @Seerose as well - for helping to figure out the 4+ version differences. The Rotate/Zoom has changed again ever since and I still cannot believe I've done it.

Edited by Vagabondi
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

Well done Vagabondi (for both images).🙂

Thanks for posting WB.😉

The tutorial s quite old and 'Rotate and Zoom' might not be exactly as the tut' settings. A alternative would be to use my (& MJW's) 'Aardvark' plugin. Use the tilt angle control. It allows much higher sampling rates and 'quality' but can be slow because of that. Move the samples slider to 'quick' whilst getting the settings right then return to high quality before rendering. Experiment!

• Like 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

@Red ochre, wow, Aardvark is totally useful for some perspective effects!

Tiling options > Clamp - no matter what angle I set - no quality loss, no Say Goodbye To Half Of Your Text As It Disappears Outside The Canvas... Luv it :devlish:

Ps. And the icon is priceless.

Edited by Vagabondi

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Djisves - Thanks for posting the image and saying thanks. What a great result, very crisp detail to the foreground sea texture, very atmospheric - well done!

Icegodes - thanks for posting your image and sorry for late reply too. I'm glad you found the technique useful for the background with some surreal structures growing in the foreground. Great imagination!

Maximilian & Vagabondi - thanks for the positive comments about using 'Aardvark' for tilting the sea and sky textures.
Welshblue - thanks for posting the Excalibur image and suggestion to use 'Furblur' for water spray.

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 1 year later...