[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

10 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

@lynxster4 Is there any special rules for plugins that are essentially multiple plugins in one? There is g'mic and that other plugin whose name escape me, but has multiple filters, and psplugin.

So long as you can name them & the author(s) because I believe we should be recognising the valuable contribution the plugin writers make. Also by naming them, it may also encourage others to try them out. For example, the Calli Red & Take a Bow were created using CalliColor. It was not one that I had ever thought of using before but for me, it produced some great results & has encouraged me to look at other plugins that I have not thought of using before.

• Like 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

At least one has to be entirely new @Ladybug

So for example, I might use Outlined/Gradient Text but I might also use ones that I have previously used such as Feather, Bevel Selection & Trail Blur. So then when I post up the entry I would say "Featuring: Outlined/Gradient Text plugin by BoltBait & xod" or something similar. You could also say which other ones you used (if any) but the one you have not used before should be named & the author(s) stated.

• Like 2
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

• 3 weeks later...

My cartoon butterfly is an image I originally created for my book. It was part of a sequence of little critters I used to demonstrate different parts of PDN. There was also a worm, ladybird & spider.

Worm.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, BDP said:

Been trying to use this plug-in. Where do I find Height Maps, or where can I download them from, please?

You can find them here: 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

19 minutes ago, DrewDale said:

No matter what I do, I can't get this plugin to work anymore and I used it many times before. Good luck all.

Do you man the 3rd Dimension @DrewDale? It's working fine for me.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 minute ago, DrewDale said:

tc but I can't remember how the dang thing works, I just end up with some bizarre mesh shapes and nothing else 

You need to look at one of his videos:

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

@BDP  You can use any image you want. Set your canvas size to 500 x 200 or 500 x 150 and click 'Get Map'.

If you use an image from the web, a link would be appreciated. Then play with all the sliders and it will create a height map for you.

Adjust until you are satisfied.  The image I posted was actually a picture of me which I tiled before I imported it into the plugin. Good luck!

6 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

You can use any image you want.

Sorry, I misunderstood @BDP I thought he literally wanted a height map 🤣

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey  I couldn't remember how to use the plugin either.  🤣

The last time this plugin was used was January of 2016. @DrewDale was the competition host back then. I hope you get it working, Drew.  😊

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, lynxster4 said:

I couldn't remember how to use the plugin either.

I notice that TR's video is blanked out on the first page of his thread.  I will try to re-host it again and see what happens 😄 EDIT - It's a music video and not a tutorial - and I can't seem to be able to delete it 😜

• Haha 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 1 month later...

Hahahaha @Djisves  I have one of those, too... 😆  (picture of my feet, I mean...)

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

@Manc Is your entry supposed to be solid black with name in lower right?  That's all I see...

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MightyCarlosLP said:

many of these are often outdated styles, some did go out of the usual though, why is paint.net so often outdated style art?

Could be that a lot of us doing the 'styles' are no longer 21 years of age anymore 🤣 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30b8T8B.gif