Ladybug's Gallery ~ Some of my Creations: 12/07/21

Ladybug

Thanks to @Vagabondifor explaining to me how the Gallery works and encouraging me to make one. I hope you enjoy some of my works that never end up the way I imagined but they organically appear eventually. To view image in full, please click the thumbnail.

🔺 🔺 🔺🔺

Creations shared on 12/07/21

Art Room Adventures      Santa is Coming      St. Nick's Ornament        Party Invites

qFwXRN.png              qFwUSx.png              qFwiJO.png         qFw672.png

Splish Splash           A Mosaic Autumn             Tule Magic                 Purple Haze

qFwuUj.png        qFwCdQ.png            qFwqs1.png         qFwAVJ.png

Nightmare          Eye of the Hurricane          Glass PDN                Seafront Castle

qFwOpn.png          qFwhEs.png            qFwMU8.png          qFwt3m.png

Creations shared on 10/04/21

Marble Memories      Fall has Arrived!      Mesmerizing Swirl     Bronze Pumpkin

cd1EsO.png          cd1OUm.png           cd1hV8.png          cd1ukN.png

Creations shared on 6/27/21

Forest is Watching      Enlightened Sea            Houdini Rings      paint.net on Vacation

5Y7hJb.th.png             5Y7udF.th.png              5Y7ipY.th.png              5Y7Ufp.th.png

3D Exploration    Suspended Triangles        Pinball Dreams      Chesapeake - Baltimore

5Y7q7M.th.png                5Y7Csf.th.png                5Y7ORX.th.png                 5Y7QU6.th.png

Creations shared on 4/15/21

Discovering              Pineapple Delight      Majestic Creatures       Simple Pleasures

l156gJ.png              l15AhW.png            l15bxe.png            l15FGf.png

Discovery Space Shuttle -                                                                       Serengeti Image - By

Personal pic taken at the                                                                       Bjørn Christian Tørrissen

Nat'l Air & Space Museum                                                                http://bjornfree.com/galleries.html

Creations shared on 4/3/21

Irish Magic                   Never Forget               Reading Corner    Organigram-Kaleidoscope

lOy5lj.png             lOyqrs.png             lOyuC2.png            lOyStJ.png

Hand - freepik.com                     Photo - personal photo             Furnishings - pngwing.com

Soldier - clipartkey.com

Gilded Galleon            Gazing Longingly          Playing with Sand    Ghostly Sea Raiders

lOyANQ.png             lOycen.png              lOyOox.png             lOyhuN.png

Ship - favpng.com                        Cats - personal photo                       Ship - favpng.com                         Ship - favpng.com

Kaleidoscope Fun            Juicy Fruit                     Sunflowers            Cross-Stitch Sampler

lOy6zO.png          lOyCZm.png             lOyUl8.png              lOyXMq.png

Personal Ladybug clipart        Fruit Bowl - clipart-library.com       Sunflowers - personal photo         Needle & Thread - clker.com

distorted with plugin

Creations shared on 2/27/21

Quiet Garden Nook     Don't Steal My Phone     Advanced Julia Fractal           Gilded Orbs

jkwgC8.png                j2sZPp.png                      jkwAmd.png                  jkwhWP.png

Ivy - clipart-library.com                    Cat - wallpaperlist.com

Winter Life                       Abstract 1                 Pillar of Opulence       Memories of Hatteras

jkwClM.png                jkwEuD.png                jkwqNq.png                jkwOz5.png

Cats and workers - vecteezy.com      Cape Hatteras - personal photo

Creations shared on 1/11/21

Deceitful Treats            Museum Display        The Great Conjunction of 2020

jl4IkN.png                jl4GRx.png                              aedukA.png

Winged Egyptian symbol - vecteezy.com

Creation shared on 1/9/21

The Light is Coming . . . .

jl1ZZ2.png

Creations shared on 12/21/20

Relaxation the Next Morning    US Capitol Building    Out of this World        Celebration!

a2FQyM.png                             afCMPn.png           a2FhvD.png       a2lmdP.png

Capitol Bldg - personal photo

Rocking Jeans in the USA

afQv6z.png

Creations shared on 11/28/20 (Gallery Started)

Playing with Snow    Avatar Potion    Just Another Day in
                                                                           the Neighborhood    Peter Rabbit Magic

afCiG1.png      afCUKW.png     afCt4J.png           afCngj.png

Peter Rabbit - clipart from old CD

Edited by Ladybug
Added to Gallery 12/07/21
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

Oh and forgot to say that the poinsettia is an image I have from a clipart disc and the Peter Rabbit image I had purchased eons ago for when I was making birth announcements for my first born.

• Like 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

Oh good on you for making a gallery. You can also add your SOTW here if you want. 

The Merry Christmas one is so real that I am sure if I put my hand on a letter, it will leave my handprint on it. 

Lovely works!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Welcome to the club! :smallerpdnlogo:

I really like the snowy signature and the polar bear picture is wonderful (there is something catching and touching about it).

1 hour ago, Ladybug said:

I am still a noob

A noob that has just won the Autumn competition sharing the 1st place with Lynx Da Beast!

Keep learning and trying, creating and updating. :star::Swatch:

PS. May I say it - check these two plugins: AA's Assistant from @dpy's pack and Edge Fader Extreme  by @TechnoRobbo. Both are super useful for smoothing object edges of all kinds. ;)

Edited by Vagabondi

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

2 hours ago, Vagabondi said:

Welcome to the club! :smallerpdnlogo:

I really like the snowy signature and the polar bear picture is wonderful (there is something catching and touching about it).

A noob that has just won the Autumn competition sharing the 1st place with Lynx Da Beast!

Keep learning and trying, creating and updating. :star::Swatch:

PS. May I say it - check these two plugins: AA's Assistant from @dpy's pack and Edge Fader Extreme  by @TechnoRobbo. Both are super useful for smoothing object edges of all kinds. ;)

Haha @barbieq25. I appreciate your kind comment :). I do tend to like snow themed things.

Thanks @Vagabondi for the plugin recommendations. I do have AA's Assistant but I really don't fully understand what it does other that it's magic when a Tutorial calls for it. I did not have Edge Fader Extreme and installed it. Can't wait to use it to fix some images. My edges always give me trouble and sometimes I spend too much time trying to clean them up.

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

6 hours ago, Ladybug said:

My edges always give me trouble and sometimes I spend too much time trying to clean them up.

The way I get crisper images is to increase the size by 400% So if my final image is to be 500 x 200 I make the original image 2000 x 800 & then when I am done I decrease to 25%. AA Assistant is great but when using 4x the size Gaussian Blur can also work for you.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

9 hours ago, Ladybug said:

I do have AA's Assistant but I really don't fully understand what it does

These plugins (both AAA and Edge Fader) work only if your object is on a separate layer with transparent background. That is the principle.

Add new layer > Draw your object (planet or whatever) > Run AAA (2-3 times if one is not enough). 👇 Only after that you can flatten the image.

AAAssistant.png

Remember, if you draw your objects on the same background they are not "objects". They become part of the picture the moment you finish the line. And you cannot do anything to them separately.

New layer is your friend. As long as your "object" (text, rabbit, planet etc.) is on a separate layer, you can apply as many changes as you want without influencing the rest of the image. 👩‍🎓

• Upvote 1

my gallery is  here

Great images @Ladybug!  <3  I, also, like the 'Merry Christmas' lettering. It looks so real, like fluffy snow.

Snow globe and polar bear are adorable, too.  BBQ and Vagabondi gave you some great tips on perfecting your images.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.  😊   P.S. Love your new Xmas sig!

Oooooooo what a wonderful start to your Gallery @Ladybug 🌟 Your Christmas images are lovely - and you've now got me in the mood 🎄 That Christmas text is wonderful. 

So nice to have you on here and I'm really enjoying your works <3

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@barbieq25 and @Vagabondi, those are great tips. Appreciate you showing the outcome from running AA's Assistant so I can visually see what exactly some of these wonderful plugins do. I know for the candy text the tut says to run AA's 17x at one point and I was like Okaaaaay lol. The outcome was fun though. You are are all so nice to impart your editing expertise.

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

Another very useful tip that I learnt way back, was to put as much as you can on a separate layer, name layers (esp. initially) & keep a PDN file of your work as well as a flattened image file. Really great when you want to use a part of the image again later.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

On 11/30/2020 at 4:30 AM, barbieq25 said:

Another very useful tip that I learnt way back, was to put as much as you can on a separate layer, name layers (esp. initially) & keep a PDN file of your work as well as a flattened image file. Really great when you want to use a part of the image again later.

Yes @barbieq25 that tip is a good one. I do know understand better the power of layers and also to keep the pdn file even if I made the image into a flat file. So many times I have wanted to use an element from one file but I deleted it. I now keep it all!

• Like 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

6 hours ago, JulioCoolio said:

Lovely art here! I love the snow globe one, love the textures and details you put into that one. I think the blur in Peter Rabbit makes it that much more realistic. The polar bear one I really like too with the different textures.

Thanks @JulioCooliofor the nice comments. The polar bear image I sure had a lot of fun with since it just sort of sprung from me wanting to make some snow covered mountains. And the more I worked on it the more the final product with the polar bear emerged. He was not even in my imagination at the beginning lol. He was off fishing elsewhere. As for the snow globe, the actual image is one I had purchased to make birth announcements (I wrote that in my second comment) but I did soften it and run some plugins to make it blend better. Also @Vagabondisuggested I run AA's Assistant and it did help with my jaggedly lines.

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

• Ladybug changed the title to Ladybug's Gallery ~ Some of my Creations: 12/19/20

Added these to my first post of creations. Thank you all for your inspiration through your work and also with sharing how to use PDN's more advanced features. Slowly learning :)

Relaxation the Next Morning

a2FQyM.png

US Capitol Building

a2FXcF.png

Out of this World

a2FhvD.png

Celebration!

a2lmdP.png

Rocking Jeans in the USA

afQv6z.png

Edited by Ladybug
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

• Ladybug changed the title to Ladybug's Gallery ~ Some of my Creations: 12/21/20

It is so interesting to watch you learning new tricks and collecting effects... The vase texture in "Next Morning" is Dot Matrix, right?

Glad to see the disc case again - I wanted to take another look at it (but you know that already). ;)

Love the Capitol graffiti - so artistic.

You got style. Keep creating and thanks for sharing. That fresh energy in the beginning - nothing compares to it. :OilPaintingEffect::Swatch:

• Like 1

my gallery is  here

Thank you for the encouraging review @Vagabondi. The vase is a pear shape from lynxter4's pack with the top erased and the texture is from the plugin Dots (if that is what you meant by dot matrix). I am proud of that disc case lol. It has room for improvement of course but I was thrilled to have created another Shape with more complexity than my birdhouse one. I was pleased of the outcome of the capitol building. The original photo is from a photo I took when in D.C and then I just kept trying different effects till it was finished. The photo kinda "told me" how it wanted to be portrayed as I worked, if that makes sense. It's like magic how these effects work on different pics.

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

In honor of The Great Conjunction of 2020 (which can be viewed today IRL), I created this quick pic. And yes I know Jupiter is bigger than Saturn but its taken from a different perspective with Jupiter being further away.

The Great Conjunction of 2020

j2rlls.png

Edited by Ladybug
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

Loving the new additions @Ladybug <3 Each one has a 'story' to tell :)  Wow those planets are just perfect 👍  So glad you saved the CD case for here, as it deserved to be shown.  'Celebration' really pops and the Christmas scene is so sweet 🤶 🎅 Keep 'em coming - you are very imaginative :) The Capital image came out really well 🏠 and very fitting for Christmas t78015.gif

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks @Pixey for the kind comments. I had a lot of fun making Relaxation the Next Morning for a Christmas themed pic. I am getting better at planets, thank you :) I improved on making planet rings! As for the CD case, I was encouraged to put it in my pictorium.

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

18 hours ago, Ladybug said:

The vase is a pear shape from lynxter4's pack

Creative mind detected - @lynxster4 have you seen this? :lightning:

18 hours ago, Ladybug said:

The photo kinda "told me" how it wanted to be portrayed as I worked, if that makes sense.

You bet. They do it to me all the time.

PS. Agree with @Pixey - new planets are fine. Now you're one of us :fear:

• Like 1

my gallery is  here

WOW!  So many new pics @Ladybug!  You did a fantastic job on 'The Great Conjunction of 2020'.  <3

Great use of shapes in 'Relaxation the Next Morning'.  'Celebration!' catches my eye and I keep going back to it.

'US Capitol Building' is very good, also...'Arty Thing'?   Well done!!  You are moving right along and I look forward to seeing more.

Merry Christmas!!  😊

• Like 1

Thanks @lynxster4. I end up mostly using your shapes for some reason. Thank you for sharing those.

• Like 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, Ladybug said:

Nice pictures and creations...:) Hope I would make so succesfull 'work' of my pictures too.

The Great Conjunction

Edited by c0njuct1on_559

@c0njuct1on_559 welcome to the PDN forum. I have learned a lot here from the very encouraging people on this site. I am sure you will build a great Pictorium gallery in no time as it becomes addicting, lol. I am relatively new to learning the more advanced features of PDN. Have used PDN for many years but it was mostly to touch up a photo here or there. Jump right in and learn from this vast community, but just remember to read the rules of posting first so you post in the right places. I goofed when I first came here and had to read and learn where certain posts go. Once again, welcome and thanks for the compliment.

• Like 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan