Sign in to follow this  
MadJik

MadJik' all plugins (last updated: 2018-04-07)

I already read and understood that. But 1) after I saved it to my desktop, I tried to open it and it brings up PDN and says "the image type is not recognized, and cannot be opened". So 2) I took the zipped folder and copy and pasted that under ProgramFiles: Paint.Net: Effects: and then tried to open it, but I got the same result as above. What am I doing wrong?

Don't try to open the .dll file.

Once the .dll files are properly installed in the Effects folder,

open Paint.NET and look for the effects in the effects menu at the top.

Effects

Edited by Sarkut

@LukasMaximus: You don't open the *.dll files with PDN. I think this is where you're going wrong.

You need to unzip the file, and then copy the *.dll file(s) to /Effects/. When you restart PDN the effect will show up in the Menu automagically. No need to open the *.dll at all. Just place it in the correct folder and restart.

If you're still having problems, tell us which effect you're trying to install and post an image of your /Effects/ folder so we can see what's in it.

Is your system 64 bit?

Link

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I'm running Windows 7 and under Computer I have my OS (C:), and then I have Program Files: and Program Files (x86). Is that what your asking?

@LukasMaximus: You don't open the *.dll files with PDN. I think this is where you're going wrong.

You need to unzip the file, and then copy the *.dll file(s) to /Effects/. When you restart PDN the effect will show up in the Menu automagically. No need to open the *.dll at all. Just place it in the correct folder and restart.

If you're still having problems, tell us which effect you're trying to install and post an image of your /Effects/ folder so we can see what's in it.

Ok, so I saved the whole Plugin Pack to my download folder. Then I copied and pasted it into my hard drive under Effects: under Paint.Net: under Program Files: not Program Files (x86). So maybe the question is how to unzip the folder so I can take out the contents and copy them to Effects:. And also, when I click to open it, it automatically open PDN. So what should I set it to open under? I hope this makes sense, because I'm fairly savvy w/ my computer, but I guess this is a new area for me. I sorta new to forums also. I'm going to try to post an image, hopefully I did this right.

post-75220-127358515253_thumb.gif

Download the MadJik pack zip to your Download folder.

With the zip still in the Download folder, open the zip by simply left-clicking it.

Next open the folder inside the zip, named MadJikPack336, by left-clicking.

Copy/paste the .dll files only into the Paint.NET/Effects folder.

Don't copy the folder that contains the .dll files. (MadJikPack336)

========================================

Best to do this with Paint.NET closed.

Edited by Sarkut

Download the MadJik pack zip to your Download folder.

With the zip still in the Download folder, open the zip by simply left-clicking it.

Next open the folder inside the zip, named MadJikPack336, by left-clicking.

Copy/paste the .dll files only into the Paint.NET/Effects folder.

Don't copy the folder that contains the .dll files. (MadJikPack336)

========================================

Best to do this with Paint.NET closed.

Sarkut, this isn't working. I downloaded the pack. Then I left clicked it. All that does is highlight it. Double left clicking automatically opens PDN. So for some reason opening the folder brings up PDN. Why? And by the way, 1) I think we already tried what you just recommended and 2) I do understand clicking and tons of basics, but I trying to make sure everything is crystal clear. I'll leave an image to show what I mean about the folder opening PDN.

Well...I meant to put an image here.

Edited by LukasMaximus

Sounds like your OS file associations are screwed up.

Do other zips not associated with Paint.NET also now

open Paint.NET when double-clicked?

What's your OS version? (Vista, Win7,etc.)

Edited by Sarkut

I'm running Windows 7. Honestly, I've never messed around with zipped folders, so I would have to go find one to test it on. The system seems to be fine, all other folder types open correctly.

Oh, and here are those images I meant to attach.

post-75220-127360008571_thumb.gif

post-75220-127360009065_thumb.gif

Yes. Your file association for zip files is showing Paint.NET.

If you like, try this registry fix.

=File%20Folder%20Settings"]Win7 File Association Repair

The one you want is "zip" at the bottom of the first post.

When I needed to use one of these fixes in the past, I needed to reboot a few times to get it to take effect.

===============================================

Or you could try an extraction utility, like "7ZIP", to open the zip.

(That won't repair the file association problem, though)

http://www.7zip.com/

Edited by Sarkut

The Buttons plugin is pretty cool. Could you add an option to adjust the size of the "Surround Color" because its a little thick when making medium and small size buttons.

Yes but it increases the UI...

Button plugin update:

+ antialias for the text

+ size for the border

Download the DLL

ar.pngHere is the DLLal.png