Sign in to follow this  
MadJik

MadJik' all plugins (last updated: 2018-04-07)

MadJik, why does your 'Sparkles' plugin work good on some pictures, barily on some, not at all on others, and only on upper edges yet on others? I tried many pictures including those with bright and those with dark skies, but I still have the same problems. And how do you make shooting stars.

Also, your download links to 'Add Noise + (yymmdd:070914)' and 'Sine Curves Plugin (ymd:080108)' are broken (they're not working).

MadJik, why does your 'Sparkles' plugin work good on some pictures, barily on some, not at all on others, and only on upper edges yet on others? I tried many pictures including those with bright and those with dark skies, but I still have the same problems. And how do you make shooting stars.

Also, your download links to 'Add Noise + (yymmdd:070914)' and 'Sine Curves Plugin (ymd:080108)' are broken (they're not working).

The sparkles plugin works great, not sure what problem you're having as "the sparkle plugin doesnt work.." doesn't say much about what type of problem you're having.

if you create a new layer and place white dots on it (the smaller, the better for sizing...even white pencil works great), then run the plugin and try the different settings based on whether you want flares or flakes, random sizes or not, number of vertices, etc.

to get shooting stars, set the number of flake vertices to 1

Check out the post dedicated to the sparkles plugin, and about 10 replies downward, he lists the settings he used

click here

hey all i come here looking for the Displacement plugin, i have had a look in the link provided but can not make anysence of it, im kinda new to the forum site here, any help would be most grateful thank you

is there a downloadable link for the displacement plugin?

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and the installer has the default path in the Program Files x86 folder even though Paint.NET is installed in the 64bit folder (in Program Files).

I use Inno Setup to create the exe pack. It read the system variable for the program file path.

I can't see for now how to solve this point... Any idea or any over program which works ?

I'm having a problem with one of the effects...

Whenever I click the button to use the Drop Shadow effect, a message comes up and says that it "encountered an error" or something, and asks if I want to restart the program. I tried restarting, but it still didn't work, and it doesn't appear to be anything about the picture, because no matter what image I use it on, I get the same thing...

And then when I click the option that says "Error Details", it comes up with some programming stuff that I have about as much chance as figuring out as Chuck Norris's toughness has of not being hugely exaggerated by people with nothing else to do.

If anyone knows what this means, here's the exact "explanation" of the problem.

"File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll

Effect Name: Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect

Full error message: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'PaintDotNet.ColorGradientControl' from assembly 'PaintDotNet.Core, Version=3.54.3708.31976, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog.InitializeComponent()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowConfigDialog..ctor()

at Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadowEffect.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 799"