[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

If I'm not mistaken, some of the votes need to be re-issued for Dug and Sasha. I saw that both entries had a few votes.

I know that I had voted for one of them, but I voted on the entry that Noob removed...check to see if all your votes are there...

Edited by Daniels

I made sure to add the votes up when I removed the extra options (one of the extras didn't have a vote yet). Thanks, though!

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

SOTW 41 was movies also & was well supported. We have a stack of new members since then & I do love this theme. My fave movie hasn't changed so I entered it too. 

Lloyd, glad you are back.

Oceana, Trainspotting was deeply disturbing for me but then so is life. Very deep for a young one. :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I felt physically sick throughout the film...as even the mere whiff of alcohol can do that to me...bad memories maybe? I've never been a drinker & never did drugs either. However the film depicted what life & circumstances are like for all too many. Foolishly I was looking for a happy ending. Just like life - more often than not, it is a compromise of what you can learn to live with. 

Entries so far either remind me of a movie I liked or one yet to watch :D Voting is really going to be very hard!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Trainspotting is very disturbing, I agree, but it was one of those movies that I needed to see, I have heard so many people talk about it - Glad I watched it, some very strange scenes indeed. The minimalistic sig I made as a result of watching that was how I felt after seeing it - Empty.  A to also agree here, some very good entries and almost a list of what movies to see next :)

• Upvote 3

Y7O8WRy.png

A very stark entry Oceana, love it. I chose falling down because I'm sure a lot of people feel that way sometimes :lol: at the end of the movie I felt sorry for the guy.

Just to echo other posts on here, some top entries, I am very impressed at the turn out so far. B)

BREtKQW.png

I don't wish to disparage any of the current crop of fine entries - but shouldn't an entry in the SOTW have ... a username in it?  

At some point I'd like to open discussion for a possible rule change (if we feel it is required).  Alternatively - tell me to shut up :) 

I for one would be OK to add a new rule stating that your user name should be somewhere on the entry (even in small text in the corner) 

I would think it would depend on the topic. The movie one (or the Alice in Wonderland topic) for example, would be spoilt by having your user name on it. Just my opinion :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Is dug crazy!!! O.O

pyrochild hates socks. I won't be surprised if dug goes on a one week vacation (suspension). :P

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

.. also agree with EER.  Or else it's just a mini image when a sig is supposed to be a personal thing ?

My thinking exactly. Worded more elegantly by Welshy :) 

(Says me when Dark' made mine :lol: )

He made it for you. It's personal - see?

do we truly belong here?

Yep.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Oh dear.  You've woken him...

• Upvote 1