[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

It's been a GREAT discussion! Different viewpoints, intelligent argument (for and against) and a nice bunch of people who are continuing to impress me with their cool attitude and cooperation.

With entrants like you guys the SOTW is bound to go from strength to strength.

<group hug>

• Upvote 2

This has been an interesting read.  So glad you all got it sorted in the end and I'm so pleased I'm not a comp host rulez.gif 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Being a Mod at a couple other sites I still feel like either rule number 6 should be removed or changed to avoid any conflicts in the future. If you are going to allow other programs to be used for parts of an entry then that rule is mute and should be removed. If not and like it says,everything has to be made in PDN then keep it as is and stick to the rule the way it reads. 

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

^^ Oh goodness lets not start another debate.

• Upvote 1

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Being a Mod at this site I feel like we should go with whatever the comp-hosts say, unless it's against the rules of the board-at-large or they ask us for a ruling.

</discussion>

• Upvote 2

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Haha, I think it's fine as it is.

People get the point, it's not supposed to make your whole sig in PS or in another image editting program, but you may use stocks that are pre-made with those programs and manipulate and compose them in PDN. Just as you may use 10 real photographs to create 1 sig in PDN. 

Edited by chimay12321
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

Well... I guess it's time to close the submissions and time to open the poll :)

Thanks for the great amount of really good sigs (I guess the one I made sucks most :S) in the first comp I host! That's really a great relief for me!

I'll be having a though time choosing the ones which I'll vote for :S

@EER: I installed FireFox especially for viewing the animation in your sig :P

Edited by chimay12321

It may be worth posting something at the bottom of the poll thread - something like poll now open and then state the closing date too. ;)

ZXCBOoZ.png

It was a great turnout this week. I've made my votes. Great job to everyone.

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Congrats HELEN on your victory! I voted for you.

...but don't tell anyone. >_>

• Upvote 1

And the voting stage for SOTW #95 has started! 

IMO this week's theme was very 'open' and could have a lot of own interpretation, in some of the entries I really see this artistic interpretation back!

Lovely entries!

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at some top entries in the SOTW wood comp, a very tough time was had voting. Your doing a great job Chimay, keep it up. :star:

I hope to take part again in the next topics. B)

BREtKQW.png

I agree, there are some great entries for this SOTW. For the first time I actually voted for more than one sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... As there are only 4 entries yet, 1 day before deadline, it maybe is an option to postpone the deadline to 5 january. 

As the low number of entries probably could be attributed to the feast of Christmas and the fuss that comes with that, it maybe would be a good idea to postpone the deadline.

What do you guys think about this? Postpone or just vote for some of the 4 (or some more) nice entries and go on with the next SOTW?