[SOTW Discussion] Talk inside...

Sozo

• 4 weeks later...

Good gods, yellowman. If you didn't use a stock photo for the liquid (both pouring and the droplets), I demand a tutorial!

...please? :D

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

@pdnnoob, Thank you very much, it is pure PDN, I usually mention if there is any stock in any work of mine,

I don't mind doing a tutorial, but that will take too long, maybe weeks, and some parts of it it should be supported and explained with video, especially the Liquify/Smudge plugins using.

@ Welshy, I wish if I could cut the can like that without losing the content, thanks mate for the comment.

This is the original size, wasn't big enough because I created especially for the SOTW comp.

Hope details are clearer:

soda-orig_zps21fa9f07.png

• 3 weeks later...

There's top quality entries this time around too.  Great imagination going on

I was thinking about making some render sigs but this comp has told me not to :lol:

Haha :P I find there are lots of good entries this time too :)

But, let me give you a tip on render sigs. It's a bit too... empty.. And the focus lies more at the background than on the render. In making render sigs you just have to make sure (9 out of 10 times) the focus lies on the render, because that's what it's all about in a render sig, isn't it? The render.

You should try to let the render stand out a bit more, just push it up a little bit more to the front, making use of lighting etc. Furthermore try to place your render in a scene that fits with the render, like your render fits well in a space-like scene. You chose/made the right "C4D's", but those are just 'hanging' there, there's nothing happening with them in combination with the render.

• Upvote 1
ParaduxSig_zps7c40fba5.png

Took me a while lo learn renders and how to use them.

I was terrible when I started.

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

• 2 weeks later...

Let me say that this week's entries are phenomenal! 

I have to admit, EER's entry had me laughing. At first I was like, "what did he do to the picture?" Then I noticed the faces. Hilarious! :D

Edited by DarkShock

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

Thanks DarkShock!  I'm particularly pleased with Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum  (I should probably apologize to DrewDale and Red Ochre - but your avatars just fit 'y know? :lol: ).

Ahhh :FloodModeLocal: ... EER's comment about the avatars had been on my mind all day yesterday :lol: .  Now I see them :SharpenEffect:.  I can see Aislin, Drew and I think Sasha but can't get in close enough to see the rest.  This is just soooo funny - what a hoot  :playing-card:    :lol: .

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I wish the sig would be bigger, EER. I really wanted to see a close-up.

I worked at 2x the final size.  Once the comp is over I'll post a link to the full sized image - where my rash judgments and poor technique will be revealed! :(

I can see that @NN and myself are Roses - thank you @EER <3 - very sweet of you flowers.gif 

And Pyrochild is between you - a thorn between two roses :lol: