Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

Gotta love glossies. You do them so well, too...

Great work! :D

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

A lof of wonderful people to thank. :)

@Dryda: I try to focus on other details as much as I do for the main piece because they're all part of one another. Thank you, Dryda. :)

@Sasha: There were several different colors choices I tried out because I originally had three orbs. However, the colors for the background just didn't go together with the orbs, so I went with only the two orbs and chose the purlply/pink/blue colors. Thanks. :)

@doughty: Sure. You can go ahead and play. I was sort of imagining a waltz in my head along with King Arthur's Court--don't ask me where those ideas came from because I don't know. :D

@Welsh: You know, pink and warmer colors aren't all that bad. ;) I was glad I was able to choose a background to go with the orbs because it was quite a process. I appreciate you commenting and giving suggestions. As always. :D :D

@Oceana: Using Paint.NET for quite some time now, I learned to smooth jagged edges and give contrast to my images. Not all the time, as there's always room for improvement, but I try. Thanks, by thew way.

@Drew: I kindly thank you. You can read where I got the idea from in doughty's response. And the background was a last detail I worked on. Glad you like it!

@pdnnoob: Ah, the new mod comments! ;) Thank you for your nice comment.

@Daniels: There was a user on here a while ago (aguba) who actually created shiny work and I remember seeing his work for the first time and me thinking I will never be able to do anything as glossy and shiny as his. But, time came, and that's where I'm at right now. I give credit to him (and all of you) for your motivation and inspiration. Thank you.

@barbie: Oh, I know I haven't posted in such a long time. I feel badly for that. BUT, I do, however, I appreciate your lovely comment. And you always say such poetic things. Wait...that do esn't sound creepy, does it? :)

@matt: Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

@yellowman: I know, I know. I should post more. I was so unmotivated and I couldn't get myself to do anything. I'm very glad you like the orbs and commented.

**This next piece was done with RFX's background tutorial. I had this idea in mind right after I tried it out. Hope you all like it.**

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Sasha: Yeah, the tut really got me inspired to try this idea out. Glad you like it.

@RFX: I saw several images like this online and thought I'd give my idea a whirl. Your tut was something I've been looking for.

@Drew: I love orange with gray because it goes well together. This idea came to me late at night and just had to finish it. Thanks, btw.

@Welsh: Hey, if medication's involved, it just adds an even better effect. ;) Thanks for the lovely comment, Welsh.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Thank you: Matt, Beta, NN, Dryda, barbie, Welsh, and barbie (again).

@matt: I appreciate your comment. You should try out something like the fire image I did and then add your backgrounds that you make behind it. :)

@Beta: It took years of practice and support, criticism, suggestions, etc. I'm glad you you find my gallery worthy enough to look through.

@NN: It's a background I wanted to try out for one of my glossies. I'm glad that the tut was posted. Thanks for commenting and stopping by. :D

@Dryda: I like puns especially if they're positive. ;) And yes, the background does look like carbon fiber. I followed a tut on this forum. I posted his name on my first page.

@barbie: I was wondering where you have been! I hope things are going well for you. I appreciate your lovely comments. Oh, I could just hug you! :)

@Welsh: Thank you, Welsh. It's an honor.

**This next piece is inspired by the sig competition this week and my project I wanted to complete a while ago. Took me a few hours to complete. There are a few corrections needed, but I won't be editing it.** I hope you all like it!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Oh Helen! What a beautiful image! I might come & live with you :D I look at your image & marvel at the many layers & time this would have taken you to do. Very enchanting! Your images always make me feel happy. I want to hug you back :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Daniels: Sometimes games can even have a good impact on you that you play as a child. I don't know why, but whenever I played CandyLand, I always felt like I was IN the game, you know? It was very interesting for me. I love making images bright and cheerful because life isn't always so. Thank you.

@Drew: Be my guest and enjoy a piece of dessert. :) I appreciate your lovely comment.

@barbie: Maybe it can be our summer house. :) I believe I had 50+ layers, which surprisingly, wasn't that much. It took me about a day and half to do. Glad my images can make you happy. *hugs*

@Welsh: I got the sweet tooth from my dad I think because my mother doesn't like sweets as much as I do. I would one day love to illustrate a book with maybe a Candyland. I truly appreciate your kind words always, Welsh. You're my longest supporter and I feel great that you still find my work worthy enough to look at. :)

@Beta: I found myself submerged in this image because it made my my mouth water, as well. :) Thank you so much!

@matt: Thanks, matt. This was a project that I wanted to work on I believe when I first started using PDN, so it was a while ago.

@Red Ochre: I was surprised that another image was sent to the Galleria. It's an honor. :) So happy you like my candy house. Knowing how great of an artist you are, I'm humbled by your words. :)

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

• 4 weeks later...