Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

I love your pictures Helen, but my favorite time of the year is Spring when everything is coming to life,lol,not death in the fall. ;) But I have to tell you that my most favorite of all of them so far has to be "Inner Glow". <3

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Goon: It is a shame summer's gone, but at the same time, we know that it's coming, too. Thanks for commenting, Goon. :)

@Skull: I like summer best because spring, even though everything starts to grow, it's kind of wet because of the rain. I enjoyed making  "Inner Glow." Fractal-like images are quite interesting to make in PDN.

@Pixey: I used a photo as a reference, but the colors I chose myself, so it's great to hear that the colors are well-chosen. :) :)

@Welsh: I was thinking where to add the shadow to give it more depth, I thought that would be the appropriate place. And thank you for your kind words. I feel the same way about your work that I could take a leaf out of your book, too. ;)

@RedBeard: That's what I was aiming for. Glad you thought so. Thanks for commenting!

@Ella: I think that you described my work in just one sentence very well. I try to keep images simple and glossy. Thank you.

@sashwilko: Is there something wrong? 

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@barbie: I'm sending a reciprocated hug your way. You know that I like something sparkly and glossy in my work. :) :)

@Pixey: All the words you mentioned, I tried to incorporate in this glossy/glassy ornament. I even put extra thought into the highlight right above the tree. It's slightly greenish. :)

@NN: Well, to tell you the truth, I fell in love with glossies ever since I joined this forum and made them ever since (since 2007), so yeah, it's a long time. I'm glad you find my work interesting enough to look through. <3

@sashwilko: I bet it wasn't bad. Glad you decided to go back and comment, nonetheless. ;)

@Dryda: :) Thank you! I really appreciate that compliment. 

@Welsh: I'm doing everything for you to like this holiday. ;) No, but in all seriousness, thanks for commenting. The tree was an idea from a PS image and after a few trials in PDN, I recreated it. The fairy dust was used by randomly adding dots and then running Distort--Frosted glass. After, I added a slight blur and then a glow. 

Thank you all! :)

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Pretty good effort Helen. I prefer your glossiness but I have to admit that the black part on the original seems to have more depth than yours. It`s like it`s made up of layers of material (whatever it is) . Maybe if you duplicated the hexagonal grid and moved and resized it so it is underneath you would get a similar result.  If you know what I mean! sHa_biggrin.gif

But overall a lovely image.

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

I agree with what Goonie said but also the left side of the black seems to be in too close to the orb? Just thinking too that it looks a bit cut off where it meets the black. Would a slight blur there & some glow from the orb alleviate this?

What I do love is the background & the blue glossy. Helen you picked a hard one to replicate but you did an admirable job & the above is being quite picky. The black the way you have it must have taken you ages.I love the shades of black. Awesomeness from you again Helen :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@Goon: I know what you mean. I think I finished this at 2:30 am yesterday with a throbbing headache and knee pain. I might revisit it and redo some of the things maybe even redo it completely, but maybe not. Thanks for the heads up.

@bbq: Yeah, I did notice that. Hmm...sometimes I want to smack the side of my head for being so "blind." As I told Goon, I might redo the whole thing with a clear mind. 

Thank you Goon and bbq. I really appreciate your critiques and pointers. 

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Don't be too hard on yourself, Helen. That is what you have us for :D Seriously, though, sometimes we focus on one thing so intently that we don't see other elements. I've done that a few times as we all do. The mind plays a trick on us because we know what it should look like & it fills in the gaps as it were. I certainly would not be scrapping the entire image. This I suspect is very much a new way of working for you, so please persist coz I can see the potential.

I'm thinking that constraining the black part in a selection & trying colour aberation or even psychocolour by different layer blend modes might give you a busier deeper texture. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

I am a bit of a humbug, like Welshy, when it comes to Christmas. But I do like some of the art it produces, especially if it is a bit different and your piece definitely fits right in there.

Armadillos one of my fav animals.I just love when nature inspires art.Both these images are going to make it a merrier Christmas for me.Cheers. :smile:

@barbie (again): I'm kind of sad with that image, but it was great practice, nonetheless.

@dug: Really? You don't like Christmas? I don't know, for me, it's a cheerful time. And you know what's funny? Armadillos are my younger sister's favorite animals. They're wicked cute when they're small. I'm happy at least the images might put you in a cheerier mood for Christmas. Thank you.

@BP: Thank you for both comments. Like I mentioned, it was a practice piece for the texture orb. :)

@Welsh: It never hurts to try, though I'm pretty disappointed with it and don't even want to attempt another one...at least just yet. Thanks for your kind words always, Welsh. :)

@Sashwilko: A lot of the glossies I create are just a trick on the eyes. I change opacities and shapes of the highlights and it creates that glossy effect. I made a tut a while back on how to create a glossy orb. Thanks, by the way.

I apologize for posting these new images. I have some time right now. I wanted to make a snow globe with the snowman visible and not hidden behind the snow. Enjoy this next piece.

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Wow! - I dropped by to comment on the Christmas bauble and you've just uploaded the snowman.

Both brilliant and seasonal - well done ( :star: * 10)/10. ;)

The other one 'glowingglossy', is not quite 'perfect', but I find it the most inspiring - I've just had some fun wrapping hexagonal grids round spheres because you posted this image. Thank you.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Super snowman globe. The gloss is top notch as usual   I just want to pick it up and shake it to see all the snow , but I don`t think my laptop would appreciate that! sHa_biggrin.gif

If there is one thing I could be picky about ( and it is just being picky) it`s that you have a reflection of the base but it does not seem to be sitting on anything so there is nothing to reflect against. But , like I said, I`m just knitpicking really. Lovely seasonal image Helen. Well done. sHa_thumb2.gif

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN