Sign in to follow this  
HELEN

Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

@Welsh: Christmas is such a cheerful time even if there are some hardships. Just the feeling is so beautiful. Thanks, Welsh. I appreciate your kind words and support. :)

@barbie: I was in a Christmassy mood. I'm glad you like the way I created the berries and glossies in the back. :)

Amazing, Your work reminds me of the Robert Abel and Associates Commercials from the 70's. They have an air of ethereal luminance.

Of course, you weren't even born so here's a sample

and his Magnum Opus:

Edited by TechnoRobbo
  • Upvote 1

Helen I love your electric glossy. Again your work has such a magical feel to it. Very nice colours, gloss & glow. Well done!

Cool TR! 

The Queen of Glossy strikes again.  One thing I noted in my experimentation with Fur Blur is how it can create abstract-y patterns.  Have you given that a try?

:music: I got chills, they're multiplying
And I'm losing control
'Cause the power, you're supplying
It's electrifying ... :music: 

Yep a closet Grease fan.

Stunning image Helen.  Love the movement Drop Ripple gives it.  Sparks are really flying

@TechnoRobbo: I may not have been born in the 70's, but I appreciate their creativity and colorful ideas during that time (the appropriate ones, of course ;)). Thanks for sharing the videos. Love the colors!

@barbie: This one was a bit frustrating to work with because anything I tried out just didn't make sense and wasn't "Helen" enough for me, you know? So, I finally finished it with this idea. Thank you so much for the comment.

@Trevor: Thanks, Trev. I experimented with Fur Blur a lot, but I didn't really like what I created with it just yet. I appreciate you coming here and commenting. :)

@Skull: Glad you think so. I think the same about your work. :)

@Doughty: My younger sister bought a plasma ball a few weeks ago for her Chemistry class (entry-level college course) and she showed it to her students. I was so intrigued by it that the idea was imprinted in my brain and I created this. I think that it has something to do with it, at least. :P

@Welsh: Welsh, we are all "closet" fans of one thing or another. With this glossy, I wanted to create a feel that the glossy is actually moving. I'm glad those sparks are flying. Thank you! ;)

• Upvote 1

@DarkShock: Hey, thanks, DS! I try to incorporate something new into each glossy.

@Daniels: That's very kind of you to say so, Daniels. I really appreciate it!

@Drew: I love to create glossies. Thanks, Drew.

EDIT: Patty and I worked on this piece together. She created the design in Mandelbulb and I did everything else in Paint.NET. The idea was inspired by a Photoshop image I saw online.

Edited by HELEN

Well I guess I'm going to have to eat my words from my last post. This is now the best glossy yet!

Amazing collaboration from the both of you. Still great to see sokagirl keeping in touch with us.

• Upvote 1

Helen, that is a stunning collab from you & Patty! Love the colours & the glossy. Great reflections & the shapes within are just delicious. So glad you two could get together for a collab. Well done you two!

• Upvote 1

stunning piece of work from you both ... the full sized version shows all the details and sweeps.  Brilliant background to set the glossy off against

I applaud you both

• Upvote 1

@Dark: That's really, really sweet of you to say that. :)

@barbie: I love creating collabs with her and I'm pretty sure you already know the amazing pieces she can whip up. :) Thank you.

@Welsh: I didn't really know how to make the glossy stand out only after a few trials and errors. Thanks, Welsh. :)

My new piece was something I wanted to created ever since I started using Paint.NET. I hope you all like it!

Those look like the sweetest raspberries you could ever eat, and glossy to boot :) The bottle is very well composed, and informative too. Nice work!

Oh Helen, the berries are just perfect! 

I wanted to do strawberries but knew I would never finish in time for the SOTW deadline. There is so much work that has gone into the berries. I hope we will see more of these :D

Love what you did with the bottle. 

I could see you turning it into wine or juice & using the berries. 

Fabulous work!

@Daniels: I wanted to get that "sweet" color to them--you know that raspberries are ripe when they're that color. Thank you for both compliments!

@Goon: I appreciate your kind words, Goon. I couldn't really get the highlights how I wanted them until I tried out Bevel Selection. The message with the bottle had to be placed somewhere on the poster. I thought that I'd go creative and text wrap it next to the bottle.

@Drew: My sister already showed this poster to the company and they liked it. It will be printed out big, so everyone will see it. :) Glad you liked how the raspberries came out, too.

@Darkshock: Thanks, DS. Words like yours (along with everyone else's) keeps me drawing and motivated. Btw, that sig! Lovely. ;)

@barbie: Thank you, barbie. Aw, I really wanted to see how you make the strawberries even if they're not for the SOTW. And yes, I put some work into the berries. I'm not going to mention how long I stayed up because the idea came to me very late in the evening. ;) My sister gave me ideas on how she wanted to bottle to look like and how the water should be pouring out of it, so I did that in PDN. Thank you!

I don't think you should have the Queen Award ... it should be the Midas Award because whatever you do is priceless.  

Two stunningly different images with the same WOW factor for each.  Always a pleasure to see what you do Helen.  Can never get tired of viewing your work

• Upvote 1