Helen's Graphics (UPDATE--NEW images!!')

HELEN

@barbie: Some people say art reflects how you feel no matter how much you hide it. I think that the darker mood was kind of how I was feeling. Thank you, barbie. The lights would be a great idea, I thought.

@jim: Well, maybe something more would've happened. You might've missed it, though. That's the mystery behind it. :) Thanks, Jim.

@Welsh: You can read what I wrote to barbie. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm glad you liked this piece, Welsh.

@Pixey (your ID name here is too long to spell out, lol): So happy you liked this color! I'm not "into" green, but since I was going for a mystery kind of feel, I thought green would work.

@dug: Thanks, dug. When I see your name, I always smile thinking of all the funny (and serious at the same time) images you create. I hope you don't mind. I was hoping the green and glowing glossy would stand out nicely from the black.

@jerkfight: Yeah, that living was supposed to be for an iPad game, but since I was working on two interactive books at the same time, I was overwhelmed and the project was handed over to another illustrator (Boy, was I glad!). I'd like to see what you create.

Edited by HELEN

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

As soon as I read the title I knew it was going to be a magical piece. I was right! The funny part is that I was just admiring the geckos that you did. Wondering how you did those balls & now you make 2 swans & that moon! What can I say?! If they were a brooch I'd go & buy it for sure. Helen, I love this image so much. Your ideas, the colours, the gloss are all outstanding! Well done!

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@barbie: Many thanks for your kind comments. I was looking at the geckos, too. I am working on a book right now where one of the characters is a gecko, so that's what sort of sparked my interest in creating something similar to the bubbly geckos I made a few years back. The glossies took a while to cut and paste in the correct positions, but it was fun to do. I would see you the brooch anytime, barbie. ;)

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Welsh: I do have something in the background. I made the rays behind the swans slightly brighter in my first trials as well as the dotted shadows behind them, but it looked like it was too much. I tried to keep it minimalistic. I hope you can see it now, though. ;) Thanks, as always, Welsh.

@jerkfight: That's what I was going for. Not to much and not too simple. Thank you, by the way. :)

@Red ochre: The first words rhyme. :) And yes, it took a while to put all the spheres together. Thanks!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Awesome glossies and drawings you have in here. The swans were nice! Some of my favorites were the glossy icons, and the living room scene. In fact, I'm preeeetty sure that I've seen those glossy icons used around. A testament to your skill. ;D

'Civil disobedience is still disobedience.'

'↑ And that is how you confuse an atomic computer. ↑'

▬ Xžε⌐¡z○╖

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Icey. I drew shapes with the brush tool and then used Zoom Blur. After, I changed the color of each shape.

@Dryda: Yeah, it took a while. :)

@jim: That's what I like. Simplicity and elegance. Thanks, Jim. :)

@Xzerizon: Yes, you might've seen those icons. I created ones similar to the ones found on the Internet. Thanks you!

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

@Red Ochre: It can be either or. I decided to create this image just in time for autumn. Glad you like it and thank you for commenting. :)

@barbie: So glad you noticed that the background is a bit blurred. Leaves are so much fun to walk around in. My dog likes to walk in them, too, even though the sound sometimes startles her. Thanks, barbie.

@dug: Yes, the color combinations were very close to the the image I used as a reference. I particularly love November during the fall season because most of the leaves have changed color and the beauty of fall is clearly visible. The other fall months just don't appeal to me. Thank you for stopping by.

sig-1.png

My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA