Drydareelin's gallery [19/01/23 update] - 'Between the stars'

Drydareelin

Are you sure you haven't visited space? These are just too real! The planetscapes are well-thought out, different perspectives work well in each, and the way the light hits certain parts of the scape is just incredible. I hope you don't forget posting your work here. It shows what can be done in PDN.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

Are you sure you haven't visited space? These are just too real! The planetscapes are well-thought out, different perspectives work well in each, and the way the light hits certain parts of the scape is just incredible. I hope you don't forget posting your work here. It shows what can be done in PDN.

Thank you :) It took me a long time to just get the basics for my latest stuff. My very early work.....a tad different xD

These are superb! I really do like the Callisto spacescape. The lighting is just great. However the shadows of the spaceman and his rocket don`t seem to match the rest. The sunlight is coming from the left but those particular shadows seem slightly offline. Can`t fault it apart from that. Although personally I would not have added the spaceman & rocket. I think it`s better to give the impression of a distant and undiscovered wilderness. But that just my preference, not a criticism of the image.

I use Terragen as well for land and moonscapes. Can`t beat it for realism.If you need to make realistic asteroids try out Blender. Andrew Price has a great tut on the subject. ;)

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Missed the other recent updates until this one. Very nice blends and modifications. Inspirational even for extending PDN work with such clarity. To mirror what others said, thank you for taking the time to drop them by here. Great examples to work from.

Gallery at PDN-Fans

These are superb! I really do like the Callisto spacescape. The lighting is just great. However the shadows of the spaceman and his rocket don`t seem to match the rest. The sunlight is coming from the left but those particular shadows seem slightly offline. Can`t fault it apart from that. Although personally I would not have added the spaceman & rocket. I think it`s better to give the impression of a distant and undiscovered wilderness. But that just my preference, not a criticism of the image.

I use Terragen as well for land and moonscapes. Can`t beat it for realism.If you need to make realistic asteroids try out Blender. Andrew Price has a great tut on the subject. ;)

The spaceman and rocket were very new for me, first time in fact. I could/should of improved the shadows (I honestly spent ages trying to get the right size and angle) but I didn't try to make it the main focus.

Thank you for the comment :)

Missed the other recent updates until this one. Very nice blends and modifications. Inspirational even for extending PDN work with such clarity. To mirror what others said, thank you for taking the time to drop them by here. Great examples to work from.

Thanks :D I have been working on spacescapes for some time, so hopefully better stuff will gradually come

Edited by Drydareelin

Very nice images, the colors textures, arrangement of the elements in all are well done, although with some lighting/shadow problems as Goonfella pointed out, but I love them all.

I just want to discuss some technical issues, in my opinion they need to be addressed, if you still keeping the pnd layers:

1-In "Solar Perspective" the planet "looks like" is consist of two halves and you joint them together but didn't blend them well along the joint, and there is also a cutoff in the bottom-left and top-right sides of the background ( between the blurred and the un-blurred parts).

2-In the "Callisto" the blend between the white mountains and the yellow need some work, especially in the center of the image you can see a dark triangle,

Other than everything is good, thanks for sharing.

Edit: spelling

Edited by yellowman

Very nice images, the colors textures, arrangement of the elements in all are well done, although with some lighting/shadow problems as Goonfella pointed out, but I love them all.

I just want to discuss some technical issues, in my opinion they need to be addressed, if you still keeping the pnd layers:

1-In "Solar Perspective" the planet "looks like" is consist of two halves and you joint them together but didn't blend them well along the joint, and there is also a cutoff in the bottom-left and top-right sides of the background ( between the blurred and the un-blurred parts).

2-In the "Callisto" the blend between the white mountains and the yellow need some work, especially in the center of the image you can see a dark triangle,

Other than everything is good, thanks for sharing.

Edit: spelling

I never noticed the 'layer cut' problem before, I think it was just an error with the lighting when I first started (I had a few problems and thought I fixed all of them); and I have no idea about the 'dark triangle' in Callisto...

The blurring parts was just me accidentally saving it as a low-quality .png image. I did re-save it, but again didn't notice any issues.

Edited by Drydareelin

You have some real nice stuff going on. By the way, I added you to my dA watch list so I can see your fine works.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes!! Very good space pics,I am truly inspired by these.

I thought mine were pretty good but I can see I have a long way to go to catch up to you,lol,nice job.

Edited by skullbonz

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

What!? I have not commented here? I have you on dA & recognise these fine images. Your work is very, very good & I always want to look deeper into the image. I like the darkness of your images too. Wonderful works all of them & I find it hard to pick out a single fave.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Edit

-Made the thumbnails link to the direct image, not Photobucket.

-Changed the subtitle and some spelling.

-Added a new image (not my best, but still..)

-Corrected a few links.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the bump on this. I didn't want this to affect my gallery :)

-Thanks