Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

58 minutes ago, welshblue said:

my entry has got a plug and flex - great -but it's 'bubbling' despite not being connected to the mains 😂

Is it magical?  😮

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm confused about the "round football" theme. Is a "round football" what we Americans call a soccer ball, or is it a non-flat American football? I'm guessing the former, but the example images are of both.

Yes, the American soccer ball - that's why I specified 'Round'.  I will add soccer ball to the notes :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

^ ^ Ha - Ha @Woodsy - me thinks I may not even manage an entry for the next month, in anything, as my daughter is visiting for the month of July 😱

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 1 month later...

There are only 3 days left to post in the OotF#44 thread for the Sunglasses Competition.  If we get no more, I will have to scrap this round.

I have been wondering:

1.  Whether we should take a hiatus from OotF Competitions until Winter ?

2.  If the general feeling is that the subjects are too difficult, I would like to suggest (as most winners just hate to pick new themes) that either @toe_head2001 or @Ego Eram Reputo get to choose the themes for us ?

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

Me. Me. Me! 👏.... in other words, I'm happy to help out.

6 hours ago, Pixey said:

There are only 3 days left to post in the OotF#44 thread for the Sunglasses Competition.  If we get no more, I will have to scrap this round.

I have been wondering:

1.  Whether we should take a hiatus from OotF Competitions until Winter ?

2.  If the general feeling is that the subjects are too difficult, I would like to suggest (as most winners just hate to pick new themes) that either @toe_head2001 or @Ego Eram Reputo get to choose the themes for us ?

Hello @Pixey,

1. Why do you think that the OotF fun needs a break?

2. Are the subjects too difficult?

3. Why @toe_head2001 or @Ego Eram Reputo?

I don't really favor a break. The Hat theme had six terrific entries. I wish, though, that we could get a few more people entering.

I think, as @welshblue said, that some of the subjects are difficult to do with plugins. Subjects that depend significantly on drawing skill are hard for many, including me. I think sunglasses fall into that category. I will see if I can complete an entry by the deadline, but considering I haven't started, and I'm slow as molasses, I wouldn't count on it.

I'm not sure what would be the best way to select themes. I know from bitter experience in choosing themes that what at first blush sounds like a perfect theme can turn out to be anything but. Maybe we could propose future themes on this or another thread, discuss their merits and problems, and sort of collectively pick them, with @Ego Eram Reputo in the lead.

• Upvote 1

Thank you @Ego Eram Reputo @ANONYMISS @welshblue and @MJW for your thoughts and suggestions :)

So, we will keep the Object of the Fortnight going and will let the very magnanimous @Ego Eram Reputo be the chooser of the subjects and thank him for that :star:

@ANONYMISS - (sweet user name) :D    Well, your first question has been answered and, I thought of @toe_head2001 because he instigated this competition.  And, as for @Ego Eram Reputo - well - just because he's so darn amenable (not to mention cute too.) 🌞

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

I'm liking this thread. People are saying the nicest things about me 😁

• Like 2

Hello everyone :)  As of this minute I am having trouble connecting to Postimage.org.  The entries before today are still showing when I view in Fox, but @MJW's is just a link.  Hopefully all will be well by 2 PM when the Poll should go up.  When I view in Chrome, none of the images are showing at all.   The site is now back up :)

Let's see what happens by 2 PM 😨

Perhaps Hurricane Dorian is already wreaking havoc in the stratosphere :)

@welshblue sorry about the car crash and hope your daughter is okay 🌼

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Though I have nothing specific against making it a pair of buttons, it seems odd to me (or maybe overly even). Unlike, say dice (or in a different way, sunglasses), buttons don't strike me as objects that inherently come in pairs.

Would saying two have been better?  I'm sure @Ego Eram Reputo was thinking this:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less." "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things." "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."
:lol:

30b8T8B.gif

I was completely correct in my mind :)

Two or a pair: Two means a count of, a pair indicates a duo which are matched in some way so that they belong on the same garment or in the same family.

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Edited for clarity. I clarified the clarification. Clear?

I knew that two was meant; I just didn't know why, when it comes to buttons, two has any significance, since buttons don't typically come in pairs. In particular, I wasn't sure if the idea was to make any old pair of buttons, a matching pair of buttons, or something else. Ego Eram Reputo's  response somewhat clarified that.

• 2 weeks later...

Is the button topic supposed to be closed? I thought it closed about twelve hours from now. I have an entry I'd liked to submit. (Though the quality of the competition almost makes he hesitate to risk comparison.)

So sorry about that @MJW.  All I can think of is that I messed up the closing day/time for the Entries.  My bad!  It's open now ............. happy posting.

EDIT  - If @MJW doesn't post before 2 PM today, I will leave the Entries open until tomorrow, as this error caused him not able to post earlier.

30b8T8B.gif