Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

My error - I should have been more clear that @lynxster4 did indeed specify "A single Bon Bon".

@AndrewDavid sorry, but could you re-enter another Bon-Bon please.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@doughty  I'm going to say no.  We want to see your pretty decorations on the outside. :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pixey said:

:arrow-up: Dang - there goes my fist attempt - back to the drawing board :lol:

I was thinking along the same lines. Fortunately, procrastination saved me from any wasted effort. I must admit, I'm not certain what constitutes a bonbon candy. @lynxster4 says "We want to see your pretty decorations on the outside," but I think of bonbons as rather simple chocolate-covered candies. lacking much decoration.

@MJW they can have simple decorations like sprinkles or thin lines of drizzled icing.

Check out the link in Pixey's post.  

I'm saying no paper cups. It's a single piece of candy with or without decorations. :)

That's too bad, considering what a great job @welshblue did on the paper cup. I remember making the paper cup for the cupcake OOTF theme. I was never satisfied with my version. Welshblue's is so much better.

I tend to agree that because the paper cups are so closely associated with box candy, they ought to be allowed; especially since two entries have them.

• Like 1

I'm sorry @welshblue won't be able to submit a modified entry upon having flattened the project file. It was a worthy piece to view, with or without paper cup. If my opinion counts for anything, I'm not a big fan of flattening. I prefer to preserve all layers, and take notes of what I did to produce them for future reference, if possible, and hardly ever flatten anything at all unless strictly unavoidable. Just an idea :)

• Like 1

I'm sorry this particular OotF became confusing for everyone.  There are only so many things one can think of to elaborate on what is and what is not allowable.  As Host I think I will let the 'casing' be allowable in this instance, as they are shown in the link that @lynxster4 provided as examples.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

On 2/17/2019 at 9:39 AM, Pixey said:

I'm sorry this particular OotF became confusing for everyone.  There are only so many things one can think of to elaborate on what is and what is not allowable.  As Host I think I will let the 'casing' be allowable in this instance, as they are shown in the link that @lynxster4 provided as examples.

@doughty But the ban got lifted.  But, I will remove my cup as no one else took up the offer.

30b8T8B.gif

@AndrewDavid your link is broken for your bon-bon in the entries area.  Please can you fix it.  If not, I've been able to get a shot of it and will replace it at 2 PM this afternoon if you don't manage to see this comment.

For some reason it's not showing in Chrome but is in Firefox - weird!

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...

@dipstick Just asking if you used a photograph for the OotF Competition please?  If so, it will have violated one of the Rules.  If you made it just for fun, then we can still admire it as it's pretty cool 😍

30b8T8B.gif

You are correct about the size @MJW of @dipstick's image - it is over 600 x 600.

@dipstick Please can you resize before the deadline tomorrow.  Also, I've assumed the animated one is not being accepted, as the animation is not made in PDN

@MJW I did ask @dipstick if that was a photo - see his comment above my query.  I assumed his answer was a negative ...... that it was not a photo.

30b8T8B.gif

Ah - yes, I see what you mean @MJW the skull indeed looks like a photograph reflection.  I should have noticed that :lol:

@dipstick If you can, please respond to whether a photograph was used as a reflection in the skull.  If so, could you just use a normal color before tomorrow 2 PM EST. 

As the rules for the OotF state, we are not allowed help from outside images/photos/textures.

30b8T8B.gif