Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

I'm working on it @lynxster4 I got muddled with moving @ScrapbookWithPDN's posts over to the Discussion thread (first time for me) and I moved the whole thread instead 😣

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

7 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

Oh, no...:lol:   I'm sure you'll get it squared away!

I got it sorted ... finally.  Time for some Eggnog now 😂

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Yuuuck...sorry about that. It's not easy for people who are not here as often, to get everything right. That's why I hesitate to try to be part of certain things and I don't want to muddle things up. I do want to thank you for keeping the forum organized. I know it's a big job @Pixey. We must truly have far more appreciation for what @Ego Eram Reputo , @BoltBait (a founder?) & has been doing around here for a long time.... @toe_head2001, too. Running this forum properly is a big job and it's likely a thankless job for you Admin. I'm sure people don't realize just how much dedication, time and effort goes into this, nor the "why" of it, which is a bigger picture. It's a huge important job! So, thank you, again, Pixey, and the rest of you who do this. @lynxster4 you're here, a lot, too, helping out and contributing. I'm not sure if you're an admin but you do a lot of good here, too and help others a lot, too. So, thank you, also.

Edited by ScrapbookWithPDN
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just to let you know @ScrapbookWithPDN that I have replaced your Gingerbread Cookies with your latest work in the" Entries Thread."

It is customary to Edit your original posts, with the newer image.

This is how to delete:

1. Click the Edit Button below your original post and you will be directed into the Edit Mode.

2. Hover your cursor over the older image - Right Click and choose Delete from the drop-down.

3. Insert your new image URL code right where you deleted the old one.

4. Save.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

Gotcha. I thought you had written previously to leave it and just add the newer ones. My bad. I'm really putting you to extra work. I'll give you extra likes for being so helpful.

14 hours ago, ScrapbookWithPDN said:

Gotcha. I thought you had written previously to leave it and just add the newer ones. My bad. I'm really putting you to extra work. I'll give you extra likes for being so helpful.

No, My Bad .......... I should have been more specific.  I should have said, don't delete them until you are ready to replace them in the same post.  Anyway, it's no trouble at all :D

30b8T8B.gif

Nice to hear from you, welshblue. I certainly know the feeling of having time run away with me. Two weeks for an entry always sounds like a long time, until I suddenly realize there are only two days left, and I have other things I need to do.

smileys-smiley-mit-schild-314114.gif      

I've decided to give the OOTF a week's hiatus as (thank you @MJW for pointing this out) it has become in sync with the SOTW.  So the next OOTF#34 will commence next Saturday19th January 2019.  I hope everyone enjoys their sabbatical :lol:

30b8T8B.gif

Maybe instead of getting OOTF and SOTW back out of sync all at once, we can do it in a few stages. We could just delay the beginning of OOTF a few days, or extend the entry or voting periods by a few days (or a combination of the above). After a few periods, they'll be completely out of sync. Keeping them out of sync is somewhat tricky, since it depends on how long it takes the winners to pick new themes. However, if we keep in mind the goal of not having the voting periods coincide, it should be possible.

I suggest we perhaps start the next OOTF a couple of days after the beginning of the next SOTW, and have a 15 or 16 day entry period. I could, I suppose, pick a really difficult theme, so everyone will be begging for the extra entry time!

• Like 1

If after a few days the general consensus is the the theme is too difficult, I'll be happy to propose something else. I have some rather vague ideas on how to render a fish. I'll see how they work out.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget everyone, Saturday is the last day for your entries to the Aquarium Fish OotF.

I will be asking @lynxster4 - if the need arises - to do the Poll on Saturday, as I have to have more surgery tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be up to it though :lol:

• Like 2

30b8T8B.gif

Hope it goes well Pixey Will be thinking of you! ♥️

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pixey said:

I have to have more surgery tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be up to it though :lol:

Hope everything goes OK for you 😊

• Like 1

HFuQlot.png

9 hours ago, Pixey said:

(...) I have to have more surgery tomorrow (...)

Best of lucks and a much speedy recovery! 💖 t4604.gif

• Like 2

<3 Dear @Pixey!

I wish you lots of strength and a speedy recovery. Come back quickly.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Ha - ha :)  I just realized I am an object of discussion 🤣

Thank you so much @Ego Eram Reputo @mottoman @Woodsy @Maximilian @doughty @welshblue @MJW @Seerose for all of your best wishes <3

Surgery went well, I'm home and feeling great.  May have to have some chemo, but not long term.  My surgeon is positive he's got it all this time :)

Now back to my work on here 😁 which is a wonderful thing to have and I enjoy it so much :D

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...