Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

4 hours ago, Djisves said:

Is this how far the "no photos" rule applies?

I didn't make the Rules @Djisves I'm just the one (who gets jumped on) who tries to keep the rules the same for everyone.  This has been the rule since 2016.

2. Your entry must be 100% made using Paint.net. Don't use another image editor. Don't use stock images/photos (in full or parts thereof).

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

5 hours ago, Djisves said:

Fixed it! All by myself!

nhKshAc.gif

Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk
I'm a woman's man, no time to talk....

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Yep, @Pixey is correct.

The idea is for you to create everything yourself in paint.net.  If the language of Rule #2 is ambiguous, we can amend it.

As a reminder, the rules were not created by some dictator; they were created in an open discussion.  So, in effect, we all wrote the rules, based on the consensus of that discussion.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

@ANONYMISS & @Djisvesif the two of you go back to the very first page you will see the discussion of the rules & how they came to be. If you don't like the rules, don't enter the competition. Nit-picking is not going to help you win the competition but shows mean-spiritedness. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

42 minutes ago, barbieq25 said:

Nit-picking is not going to help you win the competition but shows mean-spiritedness.

I was genuinely surprised that an eMap I made from a photo (and then I used said eMap to create the shine in my Bishop) broke the rules. I did comply with @Pixey's decision immediately and uploaded a new image; I even said I was going to in the same post I expressed my surprise. I'm not nitpicking and I find the reaction to my post a bit over the top.

9 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

The idea is for you to create everything yourself in paint.net.  If the language of Rule #2 is ambiguous, we can amend it.

The idea is fine, the wording is fine, the rule is fine. I like it and I vote to keep it as it is. I understand this competition is to showcase what can be done using PDN alone.

I just wish that everybody follows the rules.

Xkds4Lh.png

10 minutes ago, Manc said:

Latest comp would let me post direct. Says file is to large.

Which Competition @Manc?  You have posted this in the OotF thread.  Do you mean the SOTW?

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

32 minutes ago, Manc said:

Latest comp would let me post direct. Says file is to large.

Had to use image host.

A reason would be helpful.🙃

Every user has a small allotment of space they're allowed to use when uploading graphics to the message board. You've used up all of your allotment.

Going forward, you'll need to find somewhere else to host your image files.

42 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Every user has a small allotment of space they're allowed to use when uploading graphics to the message board. You've used up all of your allotment.

Thanks @BoltBait

Didn't realise that, no big thing.

Just nice to know. Cheers.😀

I'll use image host from now on.🙃

Just made a lot of space on the board.

I just thought it only applied to a persons gallery.

Edited by Manc

me.png             

39 minutes ago, Ladybug said:

@BoltBait, how do we remove the files from here and link them to an offsite? I now use NicPicHost but in the beginning I did post images directly on here.

You can manage your attachments here:

image.png

https://forums.getpaint.net/attachments/

From there, you can sort by type and size.

• Thanks 2

On 2/19/2021 at 5:02 AM, Djisves said:

I was genuinely surprised that an eMap I made from a photo (and then I used said eMap to create the shine in my Bishop) broke the rules. I did comply with @Pixey's decision immediately and uploaded a new image; I even said I was going to in the same post I expressed my surprise. I'm not nitpicking and I find the reaction to my post a bit over the top.

I asked that very question about eMaps on April 26, 2018. I never got a direct answer, but in the end concluded they were forbidden. I can see both sides of the argument: on the one hand, the use of photos is forbidden; on the other hand, they're separate from the object being created. Creating decent environment maps is quite difficult (at least for me), which is why I used variations of the same one in a bunch of entries.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2021 at 11:57 PM, barbieq25 said:

@ANONYMISS & @Djisvesif the two of you go back to the very first page you will see the discussion of the rules & how they came to be. If you don't like the rules, don't enter the competition. Nit-picking is not going to help you win the competition but shows mean-spiritedness. 

<this removed comment got anonymiss removed from the forum>

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Warning - threatening language

1 hour ago, ANONYMISS said:

Ah Yes.  You @barbieq25.I'll come back to you about mean -spiritedness.  It will be here. It will name names. It will post examples. It will be about OoTW# 71.

Maybe sometime you will post something positive.🙃

me.png             

Leave it @Manc. I've dealt with it.

@Pixey, I wanted to ask how you created all those cat images on your first entry for the Mug Comp. They are so cute and good. I know for OoF every detail must be done in PDN unlike SOTW. If its a shape pack, I want to know where it is 😁. Thanks very much!

• Like 1

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

Hi @Ladybug I've moved your question over to the discussion thread :)

I'm so glad you liked the kitty mug.  The kitties were simply font found here:  https://www.dafont.com/catcrypt.font

I simply filled the page with lines of the font and then used Shape 3D to make the shape :)

30b8T8B.gif

• Pixey changed the title to Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

I've decided to have a week away from PDN and the computer.

I need a break. 

Think old age is catching up.🙃

Gonna catch up with some drama's on TV to relax.

Cheers.😉

Edited by Manc

me.png             

• 2 weeks later...

hey  by the way, I was on the " Forum  last week, trying to figure out how to maneuver on here and I saw some art work with your  " Manc". It was really cool, like cobwebs and smooth. Almost like when  one covers a couch   for protection. it was neat.  and well done. Did you do it?Have a delightful evening.

Cheers !

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Manc said:

I think you've made a mistake with the closing date.

You are quite right 🤣 I forgot to change my template date.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif