Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

14 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I think MJW does this

Though in theory I don't object to the use of plugins in comps before they're published, ever since a long-ago kerfuffle involving that issue, I've studiously avoided using any plugins in that I haven't released in time for others in the same competition to also use them.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for discussing your thoughts on the subject of personal plugin use in competitions - now we know they are okay 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

There is no functional Toast plugin.

The image was created for entertainment purposes.

In these bleak plague days, anything to evoke a smile might be considered of value.

Whether it is deemed an invalid entry is of no concern to me.

Now, regarding the Jam.

As of this writing, the Jam remains not fully rendered.

But I haven't given up!  🙂

3 minutes ago, ardneh said:

The image was created for entertainment purposes.

I think we all enjoy a joke, but there are areas on the forum for that 😅 Just not in the OotF# Entries thread please 😱

• Upvote 3

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Peeps, @ardneh's entry complies with the rules of the comp. Personally, I thought it was clever & funny. Really? Anyone who has ever had kids will know the joys of finding expired food in unexpected places. Maybe that is why we know have CDs & not VCRs? :D 

On the subject of unpublished plugins...if you have the ability to write one cool. Not everyone can use the published plugins effectively - like me :D So no unfair advantage as far as I can see. That being said, if you really like a plugin that someone has created, why not ask them to publish it? Some plugins so have a limited use so maybe the author feels that publishing it is of no real benefit? 

Some really lovely pieces of toast here & not a single one is burnt :D

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

3 hours ago, ardneh said:

@barbieq25

Just to clarify:

The objected to image was this.

The original (illegal) comment I posted with the image was:
"WOW. All these awesome plugins really make things easy!" 

Definitely a rule breaker. 😀

OMG! You cheeky thing! Yes, disqualified :D Definitely repost in the comedy thread or your own gallery. Fancy putting anchovies in that list :D I think it would be fun to have a post about what people would put on their toast. I see there is cheese & carrots, a few with jam or marmalade, tomato but nobody put vegemite!

I thought it was the mouldy old toast that was the issue.

Now we can all play nicely again

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

11 hours ago, ardneh said:

The objected to image was this.

That is clever!  I missed the original post as it was already removed. Thank for posting the link. And I do love your 'moldy' toast. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

It's been long enough that we can do it again.  Dice was also done twice.

It gives a chance for newer people to do it, and for those who did it last time, you now have 3+ years of additional experience with Paint.NET to take advantage of.

• Haha 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Pixey, @toe_head2001, @Ego Eram Reputo

OOTF - Chess piece 2/21:

22 hours ago, Pixey said:

1. Your entry must not have a background/backdrop/scene; just the object on a transparent canvas. Shadows and reflections are fine.

I know that the rules state the object must be on a transparent canvas. In the past a black canvas has been allowed for example for planets so the image looks better. Is a black canvas allowed for this OOTF? If I am successful at creating what I want as an entry the image would be more visible and look better on a black canvas, which is why I am asking beforehand before putting the effort on an entry that is not allowed. Thanks in advance for the clarification 😊.

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

As the Competition has already begun, and there are already 4 entries, I'm afraid we can't change it to a black background. 

Sorry about that @Ladybug

30b8T8B.gif

@PixeyNo problem, at least I will take a different route for my chess piece. @ANONYMISS, the rules have been bent before to allow a black background which is why I asked. But I was a slow on the gun draw with my question but at least I won't put the time into what I wanted to do originally for the competition; who knows maybe will still do it for my Gallery in the future 😁.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

57 minutes ago, Manc said:

Can't seem to find your gallery.

Where is it?

@Manc You being silly or real lol? Either way just click on the painting easel in my sig and its linked to my gallery.

Edited by Ladybug
added @ name

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

13 hours ago, Djisves said:

I replaced my entry in the Chess Piece competition. I apologise to all who upvoted the previous image.

Shiny! :mrgreen:

15 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

I replaced my entry in the Chess Piece competition. I apologise to all who upvoted the previous image.

I think you may have used a photograph 'The Bean' for the map @Djisves ? If so, I'm afraid photos are not allowable.  Great image tho' :)

30b8T8B.gif

Yes I used "the bean" which I've turned into an eMap (and offered somewhere in this forum). Is this how far the "no photos" rule applies? I'll replace it then using a new eMap that I've made myself.

EDIT: I've found the Bean here.

Edited by Djisves
bean link

Xkds4Lh.png