Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

@darrenvox Your seashell entry needs to be 600 x 600 per the posted rules.  Yours is 800 x 600.  Can you fix it, please? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Pixey Hope my entry is allowed as is. Spiderwebs need anchor points. Let me know... Thanks! 🙂

• Hugs 1

13 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

@Pixey Hope my entry is allowed as is. Spiderwebs need anchor points. Let me know... Thanks! 🙂

If it looks like a duck  a Spider Web - it IS a web 😁

• Hugs 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 4 weeks later...

We've just be told we have to evacuate the Key Hurricane Ian, where we live, so are headed off to Fort Meyers, where we managed to find a hotel for us and the cat :) 

If I'm late to get up the Milk Carton Poll, you will know why 😬

• Hugs 6

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Many thanks for all your well-wishes ❤ We are now in Miami, as Ft. Meyers was evacuated too.  Took a 7 hour drive in torrential rain, but managed to get a room in a Holiday Inn in Port Miami.  Kitty was good in her carrier 😸.

Depending on power availability by Saturday, I will try to get the Poll up 😁

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 1 month later...

I'll try to have a Tarot Card entry, but I do think that this theme, the Dog theme, and even to some degree the Milk Carton theme, lean too heavily on drawing skill. Specifically, it seems to me that while there are opportunities for using plugins to add certain effects, producing a tarot card is primarily making a rounded-corner rectangle, and then using a brush or curves to draw the rather complex tarot card art work. It doesn't seem to depend much on other Paint.NET features. That's different from, say, a regular playing card, because except for face cards, regular cards consist of very simple shapes, with a back that's generally a geometric pattern.

If you have suggestions- let's hear them :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @Pixey.  Didn't see anything about possibly using a dark background on this particular object theme.

A nebulae may not look too good on a white background unless we go for very bright colors.  Thank you!

40 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

.  Didn't see anything about possibly using a dark background on this particular object theme.

Dang.  I actually thought about that in the middle of the night, and promptly forgot to change it this morning 😂

• Haha 1

30b8T8B.gif

10 hours ago, Pixey said:

Dang.  I actually thought about that in the middle of the night, and promptly forgot to change it this morning 😂

You mean when it was "light" outside and you forgot the "dark"------tootles-back to me corner again😄

• Haha 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

@Chowie great entries in the Nebulae thread.  Your images are tiny thumbs, you can add the bigger size 600 x 600 which will show up better when it's time to put up the Poll :) 

30b8T8B.gif

20 hours ago, Pixey said:

@Chowie great entries in the Nebulae thread.  Your images are tiny thumbs, you can add the bigger size 600 x 600 which will show up better when it's time to put up the Poll :) 

I tried uploading the original image, but the file size was too big for the uploader to handle. Clicking on the image should link directly to the full size image, but I will try to fix the issue when I have a chance. 

bass-2small.png.bc299ad077e32232f98f4dd98922841e.png

4 hours ago, Chowie said:

Clicking on the image should link directly to the full size image, but I will try to fix the issue when I have a chance. 

No it takes one to the smaller image :( 

small-image.png

If your image was 600 x 600 when you saved it to Imgur, you can use the Direct link:

Direct-Link.png

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 4 weeks later...

RE: Maps

*   Your entry must not have a background/backdrop/scene, just the object on a transparent canvas. Shadows and reflections are fine.

I assumed a background will be allowed (water, parchment, paper, etc...)

55 minutes ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Sorry, I should have thought of that - yes indeed.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

2 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

That seems odd to me, because I'd assume the water, parchment, paper, etc. is part of the map, not the background.  Perhaps it's just how one looks at things.