Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@ LFC4EVER : Thanks ,nice to see you!

@Possum Roadkill : Love the image of the guitars, agree they need a different background to better stand out

@Hi Helen :) thanks, but I am always so frustrated when it comes to human figures actually the only thing I like is her face, her arm is out of proportion and need to work on hand and feet and many other details, may be next time I'll try I am going to use separate layers for each part of the body :wink:

@Sharp: Lovely planet

Ciao

Possium Roadkill : love the guitar and 5 string banjo (hardest to play but best sounding)... do you play ?

jannettesue : wonderful pic

Topezia : love the colours used , very vibrante.....shine on

Sharp : good job on the spacescape

Heres my interpritation of Storm Thorgenson's Pink Floyd P.U.L.S.E

PinkFloydPulse-1.png

@A Fleeting Glimpse: Being a member of the club of the crazy diamonds :wink: I had to add a comment:

Beautiful interpretation! Thorgenson would agree with that, not one of my fav covers though. I would only add something to smooth a bit the the bottom of the hills (may be a soften portrait)

Shine on! :)

Possum Roadkill

Very nice work, the guitars are realitically shaped and overall execution is excellent.

The background doesn't match the guitars at all, though.

It doesn't look bad, but it's just not fitting imo.

It may fit the bluegrass theme, but not the 'guitar-as-an-instrument' theme, you know? ;)

The WIP for both the guitar and banjo were blue texture backgrounds, but the completed image is not about them being a guitar or banjo as an instrument or I would have drawn the entire instrument. Funny thing, some people like it, some don't, and I'm not sure which side I'm on. So what would you suggest?

@ Topezia - That is so beautiful ! Wonderful blending of colors. What kind of background would you suggest for the bluegrass instruments?

@ Goonfella - I saw the updated image in your gallery. WOW ! I didn't think it could be that much better, but it is ! It looks great as your sig and avatar too.

@ Yellowman - Thanks ! Seems like I worked on it forever ! :lol:

@ Sharp - Beautiful star scape. I first saw it in your tut. I can't wait to give it a try. It looks great with the planet, but I do agree that the starfield could use some color. Maybe in the gaseous clouds? The planet is really nice. Great texture on it.

@ A Fleeting Glimpse - Thanks, and I agree the five string does sound the best of all. No, I do wish I did play the banjo. That is an awesome image ! It is amazingly like the album cover.

A while back I did a photo manipulation from a tut I found on a PS site. Ash made the comment that I should try the image without the photos. So this is my first attempt at doing so.

FromWaterComesLife4.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

I have never really used smudge before, so I decided to try it out today. I've started work on a face (after seeing Ash's and Welshblue's stuff 8) )

So anyway here is the eye - I actually learned a lot about smudge, even though the pic sucks :lol:

I realize there's no upper brow now... hmm. Definitely needs work on lighting (right now it's pretty random).

Anyway - will work on adding reflections and highlights later, this is strictly WIP:

eyetrial1coloredfinishe.png

If you have suggestions or help for me it would be appreciated.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

@Possum Roadkill :Are water birds thirsty of water? (free quote from P.K. Dick: Do androids dream of electric sheep?) :)

What kind of background would you suggest for the bluegrass instruments?

That's your image, the background is nice though may divert the attention from the main subject (guitars) so may be just a little blur will do. If it was my image I might have tried a sort of '60s psychedelic album cover, of course not using too much or too bright colors.

Nice job! Ciao

@yy10: seems one of the stone figures of the Easter Island, like the ink sketch smudged effect

@RHoward : Really well done and Oma from that cappuccino cup's stain that looks like my desk too ;)

@007 Nab : It's nice to see you again, welcome to the club of the smudgers it's so fascinating and powerful tool yet so frustrating sometimes ;)

Ciao

i finally managed to get my head around creating leaves and decided to add them to my rose, just for Welsh :wink:. Hope you all like! [gradual updates of the rose and other pieces are in my gallery]

Simply one of the most stunning examples of what PdN can do if you are willing to learn it. Very fine image. One of the best on the forum.

wow! just wow. That looks like an actual photograph of a rose. Jebus i wish i could do stuff like that.

You can, just keep at it and keep learning all you can. Listen to the greats on this forum, glean every ounce of information from them you can. But most of all, tell yourself you can and

then let your imagination fly. It's like I tell everyone I work with, don't be afraid of it, you won't break it, so just have some fun.

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ Possum: Thankyou :mrgreen::mrgreen: ! That darn leaf took forever, it felt nearly as long as the rose haha. I jsut did it dark too save me doing too much detail but i think/hope it turned out well :)

@ Crimson: Crikey thats a nice picture :shock:. Think i may actually have a go at that..