Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

That wooden texture you provided dosen't fit the style. Guns used polished wood, and you texture is out of topic.

Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum.

coltanaconda.th.png

100% Paint.NET

I underestimated these revolvers. They have a lot of detail, much more than I expected.

hachinen.png

@ oma, that flower brings so much pleasure when look at it, I Meditate it lengthy, it is so tender, the texture is fantastic, and the lighting/shading as well, love it, wow when started did you believe the outcome will be like this? wonderful image.

@ RHoward, not bad for first trying, it needs more details and highlighting, good job.

@ welshblue, I say it short, that wood is wood, make another one with plain flat face, not ribbed.

@Welshblue...your wood texture looks almost very real to me. Maybe adding a dark knot or two may help to break up the repetition of wood. Sometime nature itself is our best teacher as there's plenty of material to pick up and examine.

@panzeriv...that depends on how the manufacturer make guns. I happen to own a .22 caliber rifle with a laminated stock that looks like wood, feels almost like wood, but the first glance of it, you could tell it is laminated, not plastic. Some manufacturer prefer real wood while other prefer to use a mixture of plastic and metal to make stock. Welshblue was still on topic...after all, it's the Realistic Images umbrella. :D BTW, I checked the image you recently post with the updated gun, and the handle doesn't fit the rest of the image. Keep it up, you are almost there.

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

I'm sorry for saying that thing was out of topic. Maybe I used the wrong word, what I meant was that wood does not fit into the style, and the topic in the out-of-topic means my guns, if you know what I mean.

hachinen.png

K So this is my first picture using Paint.Net. I'm totally new and was playin around. This is a profile picture for a game that I play. My horse is the black and white paint in the back. Btw, I don't know the other two horses. I just found the pics online.

OceanFrontHeavenRescue.jpg

It's a whole lot better than what I was like 3 years ago when I started to use Paint.NET :wink:

---- Gallery | Sig Tutorial | deviantART | Sig Videos | PhotoBucket ----

D                  E                  S                  T                  I                 N                  Y

After a couple of people saying they liked it i decided to post this here, its my best piece so far that i have uploaded (i have sooo much on my computer i am trying to find a couple more before i start new projects :D. I hope you like...

imageshackcaterfix2.jpg

Wow that grass is amazing, it looks like a real photo!

And horsey_girl163460: That's quite good for a first attempt, try cutting out the images using another method, and add shadows using layers if you can.

hachinen.png

Wow that grass is amazing, it looks like a real photo!

And horsey_girl163460: That's quite good for a first attempt, try cutting out the images using another method, and add shadows using layers if you can.

Haha thanks :mrgreen:, i slipped up on some of my blurs/smudges if you look carefully though but i had allready flattened the image :oops:. Took a while but i think the outcome looks really nice :).

@ panzeriv2 ... things can get mis-understood easier on message boards; no tone of voice etc to judge by ... I guess I didn't explain myself properly either, with Ingerlish not being my 1st language.

The instructions of real wood tones still apply if used with drakaan's tut CLICK and realistic wood can be achieved for most things. Like life, this tut all depends how much effort you put in ... to get the best results.

Any problems send me a PM

Some of the results from the tut

Blaze of Glory

th_smokinggun.png

All PDN

Wow! That could be made into a tutorial! That is nice! Looks so real :D

The post above probably has crappy art.. Just look past that

:D

It has been a long time since i last posted any drawings here. But I figured you may want to see this.

All made in Paint.NET with a real picture as reference. ;-) Bigger versions available on my DA.

http://leif-j.deviantart.com/art/Marily ... -132175068

http://leif-j.deviantart.com/art/Portrat-3-131815480

And for the fun of it I made a Marge Simpson adaptation:

http://leif-j.deviantart.com/art/Marily ... -131576771

http://leif-j.deviantart.com/art/Marge- ... -131576687

mm10vexel.gif

monroemarilynvector5hal.gif

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

100% PDN? If so, great, great job - the highlights especially make it so photo realistic!

Yup 100% PDN :mrgreen: thanks, ill try find my file before i flattened it and upload for people but i think i only saved the flattened file :oops:. And thanks but like i say in my gallery, its surprising what a dark background can do for highlights, have a play around. :wink:

@Leif: There awesome :D

PanzerIV,

Beautiful job on the Steyr! Your weapons look good. Now try a Bayonet (Or a Luftwaffe officer/Pilot's dress dagger :wink: )

siglk.pngsigrg.png

I've been out of action for a few days. CAUTION: A Political statement follows....Whoever says we need a complete reform of our healthcare in the US has not spent the last few days in a hospital....please give me a break ! Leave it alone ! I was treated like royalty, and I'm well below middle class income...

Anyway, WOW ! I've really missed some great stuff...

@ Oma, My hibiscus is starting to bloom. Have you been in my garden? :lol: Beautiful flower !

@ Welsh Blue, Wow ! another stunning gun and this time a revolver ! So much more challenging ! Beautiful job on the finish, I can feel the weight in my hand and the touch of the cold steel. Now all you need is the white hat ! (And maybe a white horse) :lol:

@ RHoward You are off to a good start on your machine gun. It's looking really good. Pay close attention to how Welsh Blue treats his metal and wood finishes and you will have a stunning piece.

@horsey_girl163460 How cute ! Very nice job and keep at it. Try the cutting out images tut with the pen tool and try the feather tool afterward. Also I have found that the alias plug-in before the feather sometimes improves the cleanup of the edges of a cutout. It takes a while to get the hang of it, but it is soooo worth the effort and practice to get a good cutout. BTW, your horse is beautiful. I had horses a long long time ago when I was young. They are wonderful animals and will be your best friend if you let them. Keep at it, I can't wait to see your next image !

@ nemo Your grass looks so real ! Amazing ! You should add an insect or a worm to it. Really ! It looks like a photograph, but I know it's not. Aaaagghhh it's blowing my mind! Oh and the foot, really nice. I had a good laugh when I saw that. What a creative sig ! You sir deserve an award !

@ Leif, Very nice images. Your Marilyn is so very very good. I love the retro style you did them in. Is the other image a young Carrol Channing? I'm probably wrong, because I'm getting soft in the head, but it looks like a photo I saw of her from the 1940's. Anyway, I blather, very very good job. So clean and sharp. Nice.

Now this is what I have been working on a little at a time while I've been getting back on my feet. This is the second part of the string instruments for Bluegrass Music piece I am working on. Still a WIP, but so very close now...For you poor souls who don't know anything about Bluegrass here is a link to a really good band. I recommend "Lisa's Joy" and "Can't Find My Way". I've used them both in video projects since this is an Open Source music site. http://www.archive.org/details/bustedhearts

This is the Possum Banjo.

PossumBanjo.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

@ Leif, Very nice images. Your Marilyn is so very very good. I love the retro style you did them in. Is the other image a young Carrol Channing? I'm probably wrong, because I'm getting soft in the head, but it looks like a photo I saw of her from the 1940's. Anyway, I blather, very very good job. So clean and sharp. Nice.

Thank you. No the portrat is French Singer Mireille Mathieu. I chose her because the hair was pretty easy to do. :wink:

Wow that banjo is really great.

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

I kinda posted this in the wrong section earlier :oops:. So here is one of my best compelte works so far. I jsut had to post it due to all the positive feedback i was getting off you guys during the process of making it :lol:.

@yy: Nope, all i had to go with was looking at a pink rose and drew it freehand in pdn because my scanner was broke :lol:. Then built upon that (you can see the stages in my gallery), Thanks :mrgreen:

inbqdl.png

That is fantastic! What great lighting and contrast - great job.

What techniques did you use? Did you use any specific effects or distorts? Or was it mainly paintbrush?

Again, great job.

"pyrochild, you're my favorite person ever. We should go snowboarding some time."~ 007 Nab. Ish.

PDN Gallery | I Made a Deviant Art!

That is fantastic! What great lighting and contrast - great job.

What techniques did you use? Did you use any specific effects or distorts? Or was it mainly paintbrush?

Again, great job.

Thanks :mrgreen:, i used a hell of a lot of layers for the petals and shading then smudging and blurring to put them into place. I also segmented the work so i could work at little bits at a time...gotta love it when you can slowly see a picture come together :wink:

@Leif, nice very clean 2 drawings, I like Marilyn Marge version too :lol:

@Possum Roadkill, another excellent version much much better, I like all the details and the abalone things and sparkles, beautiful, looking forward to see the final, are you changing the background? I think it is a good idea.

@nemo, hurry up, we want to see the final :)

This is UFO, Click on to see the mother ship :lol:

ufo1.png