Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

@Jerkfight---that is an awesome looking jellyfish. Can't wait to see the final product :)

___

The ship was made in GIMP, but the touchups and background (including moon) were done entirely in Paint.NET. Tribute for the 40th Anniversary of the first man on the moon

Journey_to_the_Moon__July_1969_by_Worldnewser.jpg

And a 100% Paint.NET piece, a close-up of the moon

Moon_40th_Landing_Special_by_Worldnewser.png

Comments and criticism welcome

I see someone starting to use Shape3d, but what's with always the green goo? :shock:

Always=two times out of who knows who many? ;) True, though, I've found (once again) the greatness that is Shape 3D. Be at ease, for it is no longer green goo.

Nowadays, it is purple goo, just for you :lol: And, a glass of champagne mead I made quite some time ago..

theresmoretuli.th.pngsimashampanja.th.png

I quite like the glass, there are some problems with blending the top, middle, bottom together.

But you are in the right direction.

@Jerkfight---that is an awesome looking jellyfish. Can't wait to see the final product :)

___

The ship was made in GIMP, but the touchups and background (including moon) were done entirely in Paint.NET. Tribute for the 40th Anniversary of the first man on the moon

Journey_to_the_Moon__July_1969_by_Worldnewser.jpg

And a 100% Paint.NET piece, a close-up of the moon

Moon_40th_Landing_Special_by_Worldnewser.png

Comments and criticism welcome

Why not make everything in PDN?

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

@ worldnewser I still have the download of Gimp setting in my downloads folder un-installed. I got started on PdN and then found this site and....and...uh, I never got back to it. Nice image by the way. I've been watching a lot of the coverage this weekend. I remember it like it was yesterday.....but I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday? :shock:

@ Ash, that's what I was thinking....Ahhhh! Get out of my head ! :shock: J/K !

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

The cauldron I like, the only thing that could use a little work in my opinion is the fire, perhaps it should be a but more transparent. The Glass is amazing, I extremly like the liquid inside how the carbon is rising up. Great work

WORK IN PROGRESS

The Box is to show what part I am working on atm...

Preview.png

Did you use my tutorial for the box? JK. :lol:

A little more whimsy

Alittlemorewhimsy.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

@ Janettsue that is just too cute. The expression on the bunny's face is wonderful and I love the addition of the honeybee ! The flower and tree are one of the nicest I've seen. Great image ! Reminds me of the old Disney style of animation.

:D @ cursormortis Nice image but I think you can improve it a little. Your stars look really good but may be a little too uniform. There is a plug-in "Draw with custom brush" and a star brush that would really add some variety to your stars. There is also a tut, by the great LFC4EVER, that shows how to add a sparkle to an object. Here is the link, viewtopic.php?f=15&t=24212&hilit=sparkle The other thing is the planet. While the textures you used are really good, they look odd together, well to me anyway, or maybe it's me that's odd, lol. I do like your idea of using different textures on the water and earth parts, but maybe if one looked more like the other....? The way you blended the fire is really good, and like I said, the stars are really nice and would look awesome if you added a little twinkle here and there.

This is something I've been working on this week. This is a reduced size of the original, a thumb link to the full size will be in my gallery later. I want to thank Goonfella for the inspiration on this one with his guitars and bass guitars images that were so very, very good. I also want to thank one of the great masters of Paint.net who assisted me with a special part of this image, you know who you are :D . I promised that I would keep my lips sealed..... for now. But thank you so much for the tip. It made all the difference. Believe it or not, this is a WIP. I'm not sure when I'll get back to the remainder as I'm a little under the weather right now. :(

The Possum "Bluegrass Special" Guitar.

PossumGuitar_small.png

@ janettsue, that is so beautiful, I like the way he moved his head around, it is so sweet, the colors are awesome especially the flower looks great with that orange and yellow highlight, the only thing -as my opinion- is the wings of the bee, the texture looks just uniform grid, I don't know may be in the large size-if it is available- looks different, but that is not big deal, I am sure your drawings attract kids very much, they see them so lovely.

@ cursormortis, the background is nice but some stars have black circles covered parts of some other stars, the planet (earth) needs some depth it looks flat may be some more gradient will help and it is so bright, if you could add some clouds to hide those sharp lines of the texture, also the white halo around the edge is bright, the nebula is very good, nice picture I like it.

@ Possum Roadkill, :D I feel like I want to touch those strings of your guitar to test the sound quality, looks real, the shell texture looks awesome on the keys and other parts, I think the black part needs some gradient highlight, it looks so dark and solid, and the red line to the right edge -could be a part of the instrument? I don't know- . As I think it is not finished yet, right? Don't forget the drop shadow, that will add a good depth, very nice work, I like it.

Possom Roadkill- excellent work on the guitar. I think Yellowman covered everything in his comment, so I`ll just say - looking forward to the finished image! :D

cursormortis - Nice pic,the nebula is well done. For a good starry background try this tut-

http://gallery.artofgregmartin.com/tuts ... _field.htm

Janettsue- Another cutie masterpiece! :wink:

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

i actually have two pics for this place :D

1xxan8.png

1zqa3pf.png

with both of those, i was just messing around, and they just happened. i guess boredom can cause awesome things after all :)

14lim10.png

Isn't the first pic something for the more abstract section? :D

It doesn't look bad, but I miss more colours in this picture, more differences would have made the picture far more interesting.

The 2nd picture is really good, but there could have been more stars in the background, you've unfocused them too much.

The comet itself is wonderful, very nice piece of work :)

Come on, the first pic looks realistic, and the second one is awesome!

Here my attempt at realism:

eggfontyolkdowncanvas.png

It's supposed to be a... well, if you find out, then it is realistic :D