Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

thanks you Helen and LCF4ever. getting closer to true realism. sorry I flattened that flower and can not go back and adjust some of the petals. I thought I had been working on an png copy and I actually had the pdn file up and flattened it by mistake. I had intended to go further but alas, the lessons I learned are to be used next flowers.

ciao

OMA

PS waht is that little evil man. :twisted: mean....common words please as I know for sure LCF4ever you are not twisted. :lol:

:lol: I have been away so long I nearly forgot my password. Beautiful flower Oma I can smell it! Just a quick drop in to wish you all a beautiful summer... While I am working on this cat which is still a w.i.p., I took a little time for a quick animation just for fun. Happy summertime to you all, it's nice to be here :D

gattosenzala5.gif

Ciao

Ash you're back in the forum! (happy happy happy) yeah, something got wrong with the last frame (inadvertently (goofy as I am) must have moved that frame of 1 pixel , so I had to cut it out :lol:
Oma thanks, I'll drop by more often, promised! ;)

@LFC4EVER wow, what did you do to the tire, it looks much real and rubbery, great job I will try to do this effect to the whole tire, and thanks so much.

@ oma, the flower is wonderful, I saw it in Fans with large size and left some comments.

@topezia:P Beautiful cat in good animation, I like the slow motion, makes the cat so lazy, :idea: what about moving her tail as well? :lol: I am laughing, it is so lovely.

Omigosh! I'm not sure if I dare even show this amongst these few pages of awesomeness.. :oops: :mrgreen:

ruusu.th.png Trust me, it looks better fullview.. :roll:

Had this inexplicable surge of making a flower.. I searched a nice picture of a rose and only by paintbrush and many layers and varying transparencies and whatnot that is what came up.. the original which's background can still be seen distorted was a good deal smaller; it's not fake :twisted:

everythingfadestogreysi.png

Please forgive my possible complaints. I'm but an annoying little perfectionist when it comes to using english...

"I tremble in the presence of your terrifying skills of gardening."

Escapist angel: the thumbnail of the rose is lovely.

Welshblue and Yellowman thanks and Welsh so glad to see you too! (going to see your wonders soon). The animation was a joke while I am still working on the cat image but I got so frustrated cause due to my stupid error I had to delete the last frame (cat's eye fully opened) I tried to resize all the frames but no way last image kept bumping :lol:

Ciao see you soon!

I bet you even like to unwrap and rewrap your Christmas gifts. :lol: :wink:

Now.. thats an idea. :idea: :mrgreen:

@LFC4EVER wow, what did you do to the tire, it looks much real and rubbery, great job I will try to do this effect to the whole tire, and thanks so much.

No problem yellowman. I took your tyre texture, extracted the black and white part of the bevel onto new layers. Set the blend mode to the white bevel to overlay and lowered a bit of opacity. i set the black bevel to reflect and lowered opacity. Then i just ran S3D with your xml file, but i lowered light intensity to give a more realistic look. :)

topezia, that cat is really cool. :)

Great job. :)

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

The only minor quip I have is that the four solar panels on the top and bottom (or whatever you call those flat panels you have sticking out from the top and bottom) should have shadows as well, preferably on the left side.

Other than that, splendid job :)

The only minor quip I have is that the four solar panels on the top and bottom (or whatever you call those flat panels you have sticking out from the top and bottom) should have shadows as well, preferably on the left side.

Actually, it is missing some shadows, but not where you think.

Since the light is coming from lower right.

Ask me via PM or something if you still free like fixing it, Goon.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Topezia it is great to see you here. The cat is just great and such fun. If she were white she would look like my cat.

EscapistAngel roses are not easy to do yours is lovely.

Goonfella even with a few shadow problems your image is super.

th_swansz2.png

I think I have worked on this too long all I can see is what I wish I had done different. Good news is that I almost never delete anything when it comes to my pdn files so there is hope for improvement. If there were a contest for who has the largest pdn files I would for sure be in the running. Also this year I have started doing my images 2400x1800 and 200 resolution instead of 800x600.

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Actually, it is missing some shadows, but not where you think.

Since the light is coming from lower right.

Ask me via PM or something if you still free like fixing it, Goon.

It looks like the solar panels are glowing so maybe a reflection of that glow? Maybe? Possibly? Heck what do I know ! It's FREAKIN' AWESOME GOON ! WOW !

Yes there are some shadows missing, but as dark as the image is in total, don't you think it would spoil the image over all to add more darkness? Hmmmm? I don't know, I'd leave it as is myself. Possum said in a tiny voice.......

I finished my bluegrass instruments tonight....

th_SmokeyMountainBreakdown.png

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

Thanks for all the comments guys - much appreciated. :wink:

Ash - thanks for the offer but I`m going to give this one a rest for now. Seems like I`ve been working on it forever. I think I know where you mean though. :wink:

Possum - love your bluegrass instruments.Superb detail.

That background is nice as well and complements the instruments nicely. :D

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

wow Goonfella that space station turned up to a real image, you know what, I like this image very much and I downloaded it, the shortcut of the file is on my desktop, and whenever I sit infront of my PC I double click that shortcut and just enjoying the view :D really really amazing it worth's all that time you spent on, great image man, take a break, and waiting to see some more complete images like this, but don't take a long break, ok :lol:

@ Possum Roadkill, say cheese, click, two, man and woman both well dressed stand up before the camera to take their pic, and they choose a very nice background for their shot :) , awesome clean varnished bluegrass love all the fine details on them, and the background is just suited the image well done.

Possum Roadkill

Very nice work, the guitars are realitically shaped and overall execution is excellent.

The background doesn't match the guitars at all, though.

It doesn't look bad, but it's just not fitting imo.

It may fit the bluegrass theme, but not the 'guitar-as-an-instrument' theme, you know? ;)

@Goonfella: That spaceship is super!

@JanettSue: I always love to watch at your paintings, this one is magic!

Now the only one who should be upset for this is Paul Gaugin actually, as I used one of his women as a model :lol:

th_topeziaalagaugin.png

Lovely Sunday to you all

Ciao