Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Thanks mate welshblue, that mothership took long time from me and still feel it needs more and more fine details, but I'll stop till the one you d seen ( MotherBlue) in my gallery.

Thanks Ash yes you were right that happened because I had a few different versions for each part of the station.

thank you very much arik-so, I am glad you like it, and you also do some nice work.

@ oma :D oh, that looks different here than the one in Fans, closer to human being this time, I like this one also.

th_ufo1.png

I like both of them, however the shadows of the mother ship are going many different directions which is quite strange. Does it make sense?

I don't know if you can fix it easily.

The sky and space background are also nicely done.

Well Ash, its space isn't it? There could be various stars casting different shadows on the spaceship depending where everything is. :roll:

thanks

playing around with a night lighting look.

I'm adapting that flower into an overlay frame for moviemaker. I'v just to finish the xml code for it to work in titles transistion effects. and I'll be sharing over on moviemakers forum. This picture is the companion piece to the overlay frame. I'll run my credits over it scrolling from top down ...I think. maybe a fade in and out in the scroll as well.

ciao

Well.. not too realistic, I've never heard of a transparent planet ;)

You should fix that, if it's not intended.

The background could use a bit work, too, the stars look much too artificial and pixelated.

Adding stars of different size should add a bit of depth :)

The planet's texture is well made, though.

The aurora.. I don't know. It should be reworked, but I don't know how to do it better, either ;)

Maybe some of the more experienced users here will.

here's my try at ash's fur/grass tutorial lol it didnt turn out quite how i wanted it too... any tips or suggestions are great.

Hidden Content:
Alazysunday.png

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

here's my try at ash's fur/grass tutorial lol it didnt turn out quite how i wanted it too... any tips or suggestions are great.

Hidden Content:
Alazysunday.png

Use different settings to make each so they look different.

Use higher quality setting so the grass is smoother.

Try to put some in the front also so it will have depth.

The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

k thanks for the feed back will fix and repost later tyvm and water effect will be gone.

"Clearly it's a very serious and literal meaning. If you're not solving physics equations then get off my lawn!-Rick Brewster Paint.net Lead Developer"

Wheel

th_tire.jpg

Great job on this. Looking pretty realistic, but the treads on the tyre look flat. If the white and black part of the bevel are on a separate layer, then set the blend mode to something like overlay and maybe lower opacity to give it a engraved look. :)

Maybe add more chrome to the rim of the tyre.

Great job overall though. :D

EDIT:

something like this. i think.

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3407/rhfjdjejdm.png

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

yellowman : the work you produce amazes me at times , maybe rather than thinking off the tread as being on top of the tyre and thinking off it as being cut into the tyre (engraved) might solve the problem (no white on the central treads only black defining them) :?:

That tire is just :o I like it! How come I hadn't seen it added to your gallery? :?:

Officially retired from this forum. Have a nice day.

@oma, thanks, I wish I can do my car, but that needs forever to finish it.

@A Fleeting Glimpse, thanks and good idea I may try it, well I didn't spent enough time to do the tire, it is something simple, that was just something popped up in my mind, I practice and practice and try to discover new easier, short methods and tricks to help finish my serious project fast and in good shape.

@Lance McKnight, it wasn't serious project I was just playing around with S3D.

th_sparklesofheaventulip2.png

not a photograph, not a cut out render and not hand drawn and scanned in from my sketch book. I drew it and colored it in paint.net start to finish. 100% paint.net

ciao OMA

ps smudge for the stem and leave. the flower is blur painted and my secret weapon. and the background one of my many abstracts modified. for now this is all you get to see of this flower, I;ll include the large size in my little video I'm making.