Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

A bit off topic, but oma means grandmother in german :D

Your pic looks good, but the branch looks a bit too artificial to match the rest of the picture.

Very nice background, you can nearly smell the vine ;)

But the uber awesome stuff begins with the flower. Was this a stock image?

If yes, okaayy, if not, you'll be my master.

They look disturbingly real (may be because they actually are, but I'll hope for the best)!

:wink: can't say I like guns but this is not a bad looking drawing. all those little tiny pieces make me think you've spent loads of time perfecting your work. great job. will watch for the updates.

ciao OMA

this one is just an idea perking away in the back of my mind.

The Light Within

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234 ... within.png

Thanks Oma! It took me all of yesterday and most of today to finish.

Your "Light Within" looks great. At first, I thought it was an actual photo...then I look closer and I realise it's pdn.

thanks you that flower needs lots of work but the idea was in the back of my mind on a possible method for future work and I just wanted to get it down before I lost the thread of the thought.

frontcannon I never use stock. if I don't draw it in paintnet I scannfrom what I draw in my sketch book

here is wip this 100% paint.net I know stem is bad. just wanted to capture the idea for the flower petals while still fresh in my thoughts.

wipflower.png

ciao

That is awesome- I'm nothing more than a pathetic beginner...

frontcannon I never use stock. if I don't draw it in paintnet I scannfrom what I draw in my sketch book

I will try this...I've a book full of random drawings...once I hook up my scanner

Hmmph I'm lacking a scanner.

That StG 44 looks great! Are you going to shade it? You know, to get the 3D illusions of my pictures?

I've found the best way to make wood is to

1. Add noise (Coverage:100; Colour:0; intensity: 100)

2. Motion blur (non centered, distance depends on the object)

3. Add twist in spots to look like knots.

That is exactly what I did.

Here's about as realistic it will get from me (For now...). As Oma suggested, scaning in drawings and working from there. So that's what I did. I found a drawing I made of an Edelweiß. Thenit slowly turned into this:

edelweiss.png

There's still a few things to be fixed, but the result now is better than i thought it would (Plus my insomnia is catching up with me again...)

@RHoward the edelweiss is nicely done, it still needs a bit of work but has much possibility ,. did you check my palm leaf tut out? viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26626 those petals on edelweiss look much like the leaves I show being done 100% paint.net. just a bit shorter and bit wider. the tut may give you an few ideas on texture.

I note you scann this flower, in my pink I did not scann that one I draw in paint.net. some things in my gallery like the elephant I did or the ballerina I scann. mainly when there are too many complicated lines for my hands to manage with just mouse. check my gallery some time. I make note there if line tools or scanns for each picture.

@ Oma :shock: :shock: That's beautiful.

You know I'm not a pink person but I wouldn't say no to that shade of cerise in my garden ... and the texture of the petals is spot on, also it's as iridescent as nature would intend.

Stunning.

@ RHoward and PanzivIV2 ... a tip when you're doing wood; when you've made your texture, it's always worth duplicating that layer a couple of times and playing around with Effects >>> Photo >>> Soften Portrait and Glow, then play around with Blend Modes and Opacity ... it gives a more natural colour/ tone to the wood

A quick play around after losing some of my wood textures and seeing if I could remember :cry:

th_newwood.jpg

Clickable

The texture is pretty awesome. Great job. You've almost reached the perfect texture; just sort a few of those repetitions out. ;)

:lol::lol:

I had a list of of 3 people in my head who might say that ... and guess who one of them was :P

As usual LFC' you've picked up perfectly on one of my deliberate faults ... :wink:

Edit* RHoward ... you need some light bouncing off the gun metal ... great job tho' :wink:

That wooden texture you provided dosen't fit the style. Guns used polished wood, and you texture is out of topic.

Colt Anaconda .45 Magnum.

coltanaconda.th.png

100% Paint.NET

I underestimated these revolvers. They have a lot of detail, much more than I expected.

I think you'll find I offered advice as to get the best look for wood ... not as a template for stocks/ handles etc. Was just offering some friendly advice ... take it or leave it, I'm sure I'll still sleep tonight :roll: .

Not sure how my posting a wood texture is off topic in the Realistic umbrella ... OK I'll get back on topic, the handles on that magnum looks more like fake plastic wood and it needs to look more metallic ...

@ oma, that flower brings so much pleasure when look at it, I Meditate it lengthy, it is so tender, the texture is fantastic, and the lighting/shading as well, love it, wow when started did you believe the outcome will be like this? wonderful image.

@ RHoward, not bad for first trying, it needs more details and highlighting, good job.

@ welshblue, I say it short, that wood is wood, make another one with plain flat face, not ribbed.

@Welshblue...your wood texture looks almost very real to me. Maybe adding a dark knot or two may help to break up the repetition of wood. Sometime nature itself is our best teacher as there's plenty of material to pick up and examine.

@panzeriv...that depends on how the manufacturer make guns. I happen to own a .22 caliber rifle with a laminated stock that looks like wood, feels almost like wood, but the first glance of it, you could tell it is laminated, not plastic. Some manufacturer prefer real wood while other prefer to use a mixture of plastic and metal to make stock. Welshblue was still on topic...after all, it's the Realistic Images umbrella. :D BTW, I checked the image you recently post with the updated gun, and the handle doesn't fit the rest of the image. Keep it up, you are almost there.

I'm sorry for saying that thing was out of topic. Maybe I used the wrong word, what I meant was that wood does not fit into the style, and the topic in the out-of-topic means my guns, if you know what I mean.

@ panzeriv2 ... things can get mis-understood easier on message boards; no tone of voice etc to judge by ... I guess I didn't explain myself properly either, with Ingerlish not being my 1st language.

The instructions of real wood tones still apply if used with drakaan's tut CLICK and realistic wood can be achieved for most things. Like life, this tut all depends how much effort you put in ... to get the best results.

Any problems send me a PM

Some of the results from the tut

Blaze of Glory

th_smokinggun.png

All PDN

K So this is my first picture using Paint.Net. I'm totally new and was playin around. This is a profile picture for a game that I play. My horse is the black and white paint in the back. Btw, I don't know the other two horses. I just found the pics online.

OceanFrontHeavenRescue.jpg

After a couple of people saying they liked it i decided to post this here, its my best piece so far that i have uploaded (i have sooo much on my computer i am trying to find a couple more before i start new projects :D. I hope you like...

imageshackcaterfix2.jpg

Wow that grass is amazing, it looks like a real photo!

And horsey_girl163460: That's quite good for a first attempt, try cutting out the images using another method, and add shadows using layers if you can.

Wow that grass is amazing, it looks like a real photo!

And horsey_girl163460: That's quite good for a first attempt, try cutting out the images using another method, and add shadows using layers if you can.

Haha thanks :mrgreen:, i slipped up on some of my blurs/smudges if you look carefully though but i had allready flattened the image :oops:. Took a while but i think the outcome looks really nice :).