Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

Things to keep in mind:

- Try not to post your image right after another user's. Allow some time for people to reply (or give an opinion yourself!)

- Utilize constructive criticism. Being mean is not welcome or tolerated.

- Try for criticism that's more helpful than "looks good" - say why. Say what works, say what can be improved. It'll make everyone's skills better (including yours)!

- By the same token, keep the rules in mind. They will be enforced here just as much as anywhere else.

Now, put Leonardo da Vinci to shame!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

• 1 month later...

This is probably my favourite and most accomplished piece of art, to date. I later adapted it for use in my signature and avatar.

AllIn640-1.png

If anyone is interested in how this was created, please read the tutorial

Edited by cjmcguinness
  • Upvote 1

PKRM.png

PKRG.pngPKRT.pngPKRD.pngPKRP.png

Here's an antique Television set I made...

WOW! Diabolicus nice planet? Look great! :mrgreen:

My T.V set!

televisionold.png

I am new with planets, but I'm starting to work with them more. Looks great Oma! I think I remember seeing that from before.

EDIT: Just made this and didn't want to double post, I call it "Pepsi Marble"

Pepsi_Logo_Marble_by_Diabolicus.png

I guess this is the umbrella this goes in. I drew this up for a possible logo for my band, the drawing is pretty basic. The firey eyeball kinda thing was livewrong's idea. The fire i used from the fire tut, the eye ball was basically the eye tut with a little of my own touch, and the dragon i drew. not much to it, but i thought it looked okay.

fireeye.png

japannese.jpg

Support Our Troops, End The War

Thanks for the reply - nice marble effect :mrgreen: and oma - I'm sure that your picture looks better than the real Gordon Brown anyday! :lol:

Nice band logo ;) I think it needs a little feathering: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22819&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=feather This will make the edges a bit more smooth and natural.

Here's annother one I made:

(Guess what film I just watched?)

red_or_blue.png

P.S I was having trouble with uploading - so thats why my post is below yours.

@St. Jim---Nice! Is that a use of bulge? (I don't think so, I think it's like a small negative polar inversion maybe?)

@K. DIgennaro---Great logo. Watch your aliasing :) Of course, you could use the waves plugin to distort the orange ball in the background, and that would make the edges more anti-aliased :wink:

Happy Easter! :D I'm really proud of the dirt and the sunny bg in this pic.

EASTER.png

Yeah! That easter pic looks great! I could easily see it on one of those special cards :mrgreen: and I would definately buy it. The background (sunrise type thing) looks realy nice ;)

I used a blue tinted matrix type image (like the green one i made) and tiled it on max settings - was originally supposed to be tiled (but was too small) still, it looks good.

@CJ: Stunning... I would have to agree!

@St.Jim: You could use the Antiquing tutorial for the screen... :P

---

Now, for some spacescapes...

th_millennia.png

100% Paint.NET, save the photograph, which is from sxc.hu.

th_collision-1.png th_rising-of-a-giant2.png

Note that terrain in these last two pieces was rendered in Terragen, and minor brushwork was added in the GIMP.

Also can be viewed in my gallery.

v An excellent open–source strategy game—highly recommended.

"I wish I had never been born," she said. "What are we born for?"

"For infinite happiness," said the Spirit. "You can step out into it at any moment..."

@Topezia---Nice Work! You used the gravity plugin, right? :) I've used that a few times, but I could never get my textures to look right. Your texture is actually quite good, because it gives it depth (And makes it look like you've got foliage in it).

I finally made a good piece using nothing more than basic tools and no effects. Used the tut for the airbrush technique. I now present: Realistic Clouds 8)

CLOUDS2-large.png

Look closely! You might see a whale. (...or a car. Depending on your viewpoint. lol cloud car XD)

Open to all comments :)

@worldnewuser: You're right: gravity plug-in with a lucky coincidence of right colors.

Those bunch of clouds are neat, look really realistic!

@Oma: Thanks! This compliment from you is going to be printed and pinned near my desktop to cheer me up in my blue moments (and it deserves my joy jumps (only for special occasions :)

eviva-1.gif

Hello. I saw some of you guys' brushes and wanted to make one. I don't know what I want to do with it though.

smallbrush.jpg

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

Hehe, nice job Tourist! It looks awesome. :P

Call me expired. Please.

th_Energyv2.png

Don't go counting your chickens before the pack of rabid ravaging foxes attacks. -Sozo

I appreciate the comments. I don't think there is a tutorial for a brush. Do ya'll want one?

Make a Paint Brush paintbrush.gif Make a Cue Stick poolstick.gif Make a Rope rope.gif

Yes, please!

wallpapersignaturezs5.png

Firefox is the best! So is Relient K!

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36:26

Bye Paint.NET!