Sign in to follow this  
david.atwell

Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

really. there's no use asking him. he'll probably just say no if he had a brain. but anyway, i bet he really didn't copy it. he really made it.

i finally managed to get my head around creating leaves and decided to add them to my rose, just for Welsh :wink:. Hope you all like! [gradual updates of the rose and other pieces are in my gallery]

30ske3t.png

That IS a photo. Of the flower, I am sure. The leaves might be as well.

Uhm you guys can have whatever opinion you want but if you read the description and actually looked at my work it was mcuh smaller but enlarged for Oma..Plus the fact a few people on these forums have had the PDN of the rose..but oh well believe what yo will, ill certainly take it as a compliment :shock:

I've accepted that you made it.

Some are just better than others...I failed miserably at making a rose, but can make other thigs rather well.

Your rose lokos great...it's kinda scary...

i think apologies are in order as well. but on a side note here is a glass orb i have been working on :D

edit for a more refined image of the orb

One comment on your orb. The part of the shadow that is within the orb is too dark and should be more transparent. Other than that, very nice ! Very pretty color too.

Now where is the apology from all the others as well ?

I will not. I stand firm with my argument. But really, let's not pollute one of the Image Umbrellas with this discussion. Move it to his gallery or maybe the off-topic.

Wow A Fleeting Glimpse here is this image again, it is really appealing me, I think I need to find a place like that to go there sometimes to stay far from this life. :), well done, lovely image.

I made a Fence :) ...

fence.jpg

As you may see, I'm new to the forums, but I have been using pdn for a long time, here is my newest image, its a porthole on a ship looking out to sea (:

I think I might make a tutorial on how to make it, does anybody want me to?

porthole.png

@AFG: Wow i love the picture but that sky is brilliant, red sky at night shepards delight :lol:

@YM: I love your fence :shock:

flip that wood isn't too bad just the color might be what is throwing you off. i always think of fresh cut wood as a bit more yellowish green. remember it is a growing green plant. Welsh is really good with wood textures have you approached him for some tips?

well I finally finished my horse and added it to a background. full size on pg 61 of my gallery work in progress shots pg 56 of my gallery

th_showthisoneonpaintnet.png

flip that wood isn't too bad just the color might be what is throwing you off. i always think of fresh cut wood as a bit more yellowish green. remember it is a growing green plant. Welsh is really good with wood textures have you approached him for some tips?

If flip would like some tips ... no probs' just send me a PM.

Actually it's a great starting texture ... I hope you don't mind flip, I used your image for a quick 5 minute play around ...

th_flipswood.jpg

edit * you can change the appearance a lot with some gradients, different blend modes, and glow/soften portrait from the Photos menu

Oma your horse is simply stunning! It`s easy to see that a massive amount of work has gone into it. I wouldn`t hesitate to recommend this one for the Galleria. :wink:

@ YM ... every time I look @ that fence I want to climb it :wink:

@ 'Chad ... thanks, with a bit more playing around you can make it look more realistic ... plus everyone's view of how they see wood is different :wink:

I've PM'd you a few pointers.

It's one of those textures where the more layers/work you put into it, the better it looks