Image Umbrella: Realistic Images

david.atwell

Hey that's quite a nice ultraball. Though never was a fan of pokemon.

It is a bit boring and dull though. Maybe pose that ultraball in an open position?

Yay I'm back after so long of inactivity.

winchestershotgun.th.png

A Winchester Model 1912 Pump-action shotgun. Never was a fan of shotguns, but those were the easiest for my level. Next up would be the M4A1 Carbine or G36.

Yes yes that picture was made in multiple stages, "parts" if you will, so you could see the shading a little bit ackward. Note the patches at the buttstock.

(How does a shotgun work)

Pure PDN.

Comments please.

hachinen.png

Although I don't like guns, but your image looks nice, before you jump to the next project, try to improve this first, why don't you try put some wood texture to the "Stock" and "For-stock"? And make the "Barrel" one piece instead of 3 pieces,try to blend it well, do you have a colored version? Good job.

this is a SpaceFish 100% PDN:

th_spacefishb-w.jpg

click for full size

Colored is available too.

th_spacefish.jpg

@yellowman--awesome spacefish! How long did that take you? Also, I'm pretty sure I recognize the texture from a certain distort, but I can't remember what it was...or was it a render? The depth perspective also looks really good. My only qualm would be the background and the planet, but I can tell that the focus was more on the spacefish than the background itself so I'll let it go ;) Anyway, awesome job :D

____

New Planets! No stock. 100% PdN

New_Planet_by_Worldnewser.pngNew_Planet_with_Rings_by_Worldnewser.png

Seems like a forgot how to make rings after a long time :|

Hey that's quite a nice ultraball. Though never was a fan of pokemon.

It is a bit boring and dull though. Maybe pose that ultraball in an open position?

Yay I'm back after so long of inactivity.

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/winchestershotgun.png/

A Winchester Model 1912 Pump-action shotgun. Never was a fan of shotguns, but those were the easiest for my level. Next up would be the M4A1 Carbine or G36.

Yes yes that picture was made in multiple stages, "parts" if you will, so you could see the shading a little bit ackward. Note the patches at the buttstock.

(How does a shotgun work)

Pure PDN.

Comments please.

that is cool...I'm attempting to make a Mauser 98K...then a Sturmgewehr. i'm guessing you know a bit WW2 (Or at least from the games?) Going by the name PanzerIV2

Here's the most realistic thing from me...

golf.png

siglk.pngsigrg.png

Oh cool a golf ball. The grass looks a bit too short though...(look at the bottom)

Hidden Content:
Yeah I know quite a bit about World War II. I played Spring:1944, IL-2 Sturmovik, and Blitzkreig all WW2 games. Nearly bought Theatre of War. But I'm more interested in vehicles of WW2 then firearms, but could give you help if needed.
hachinen.png

thanks! I'm still experimenting...takes practice.

I've only played Sturmovik. If you're interested, I can email you a few photos of our unit's captured 1940 ford...or you can click the link in my sig to go to the site. It's progress is listed under "Adler".

siglk.pngsigrg.png

kar98k1.th.png

Yes, my real name is Amos.

Comments please.

The wooden textures are stock images.

That was my hardest drawing to date. My canvas started at 800X600 but grew to 2000X2000. Painstakingly slow, thanks to that bolt mechanism. But oh well, going to start on another gun next week.

(EDIT: Oh bloody potato I forgot to smooth the edges when I was resizing.)

hachinen.png

those K98s look great. They are difficult!

I've found the best way to make wood is to

1. Add noise (Coverage:100; Colour:0; intensity: 100)

2. Motion blur (non centered, distance depends on the object)

3. Add twist in spots to look like knots.

If you want, after your done, give it a 1 or 2 Gaussian blur.

siglk.pngsigrg.png

@worldnewser, Excellent planets, we need to see planets from a day side most of planets here are shown from the dark side :idea: , just a thought.

@RHoward, Golf ball is very nice, the texture and highlight on the ball is great,the grass looks well you just need to make it longer as panzeriv2 said.

@panzeriv2, Mauser 98k is good, much better that the previous ones, the wood texture is very nice, just the edges needs to be :AntiAliasingOn: not :AntiAliasingOff:, try to do that by using BoltBait's Feather plugin.

A bit off topic, but oma means grandmother in german :D

Your pic looks good, but the branch looks a bit too artificial to match the rest of the picture.

Very nice background, you can nearly smell the vine ;)

But the uber awesome stuff begins with the flower. Was this a stock image?

If yes, okaayy, if not, you'll be my master.

They look disturbingly real (may be because they actually are, but I'll hope for the best)!

:wink: can't say I like guns but this is not a bad looking drawing. all those little tiny pieces make me think you've spent loads of time perfecting your work. great job. will watch for the updates.

ciao OMA

this one is just an idea perking away in the back of my mind.

The Light Within

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234 ... within.png

Thanks Oma! It took me all of yesterday and most of today to finish.

Your "Light Within" looks great. At first, I thought it was an actual photo...then I look closer and I realise it's pdn.

siglk.pngsigrg.png

thanks you that flower needs lots of work but the idea was in the back of my mind on a possible method for future work and I just wanted to get it down before I lost the thread of the thought.

frontcannon I never use stock. if I don't draw it in paintnet I scannfrom what I draw in my sketch book

here is wip this 100% paint.net I know stem is bad. just wanted to capture the idea for the flower petals while still fresh in my thoughts.

wipflower.png

ciao

That is awesome- I'm nothing more than a pathetic beginner...

frontcannon I never use stock. if I don't draw it in paintnet I scannfrom what I draw in my sketch book

I will try this...I've a book full of random drawings...once I hook up my scanner

siglk.pngsigrg.png

Hmmph I'm lacking a scanner.

That StG 44 looks great! Are you going to shade it? You know, to get the 3D illusions of my pictures?

I've found the best way to make wood is to

1. Add noise (Coverage:100; Colour:0; intensity: 100)

2. Motion blur (non centered, distance depends on the object)

3. Add twist in spots to look like knots.

That is exactly what I did.

hachinen.png

Here's about as realistic it will get from me (For now...). As Oma suggested, scaning in drawings and working from there. So that's what I did. I found a drawing I made of an Edelweiß. Thenit slowly turned into this:

edelweiss.png

There's still a few things to be fixed, but the result now is better than i thought it would (Plus my insomnia is catching up with me again...)

siglk.pngsigrg.png

@RHoward the edelweiss is nicely done, it still needs a bit of work but has much possibility ,. did you check my palm leaf tut out? viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26626 those petals on edelweiss look much like the leaves I show being done 100% paint.net. just a bit shorter and bit wider. the tut may give you an few ideas on texture.

I note you scann this flower, in my pink I did not scann that one I draw in paint.net. some things in my gallery like the elephant I did or the ballerina I scann. mainly when there are too many complicated lines for my hands to manage with just mouse. check my gallery some time. I make note there if line tools or scanns for each picture.