lynxster4

lynxster creations ~ 'Disney Trio Completed' - NEW!

Recommended Posts

I slightly prefer the first version. There's a touch too much blur on the glass in the second one for me. Just my personal taste.
I do admire your use of line. Very skilful to portray a cat in just a few lines like that!B)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just fooling around again, testing some new shapes I made and came up with this.

I think it looks very much like a cheap plastic suncatcher from the dollar store.

 

Please enjoy my 'Cheap Plastic Suncatcher'      :lol:

 

34_plasticsuncatcher.png

 

Edited by lynxster4
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maximilian said:

These look so cute they don't seem cheap at all :):trophy:

 

Thanks Max,  I appreciate that!    30.gif

 

12 hours ago, Beta0 said:

I like them. They're very colorful. Also...did you use half-tones? :]

 

Thank you, Beta0!   No, believe it or not, I used BoltBait's Bevel Object with opposing colors, no image.  This image has 10 layers to it, with various blending modes used.   :)

 

11 hours ago, AndrewDavid said:

I Agree - shapes are wonderful things to play with. Add some color and you have a masterpiece to share. Thank you so much. B)

 

MGT9iTs.png

 

Thank you, AndrewDavid!   Well, you know I love making shapes and every once in a while, one colors up very nicely.    24.gif

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooo purdy @lynxster4 and, as @Max said, they do not look cheap at all.  Very soft and colorful and would look lovely on a window pane ;)

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pixey said:

Sooooo purdy @lynxster4 and, as @Max said, they do not look cheap at all.  Very soft and colorful and would look lovely on a window pane ;)

 

Aaahhhhh.......thanks so much Pixey!   You're just the best!    4_1_203.gif     (rep later)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lynxster4 said:

Thank you, Beta0!   No, believe it or not, I used BoltBait's Bevel Object with opposing colors, no image.  This image has 10 layers to it, with various blending modes used.   :)

 

That's a lot of layers. And I know about working with a lot of layers. X]  :arrow-left: *constantly copies layers when painting*

I'm confused. I went to the search, and found 2 similar plugins; one of them is from BoltBait. It's called Bevel Selection (unless the plugin got its name changed while I was absent.) o_o

As for the half-tones, I meant the background. I'm not sure it it's my screen, but I see a texture that reminds me of the fill options Paint.NET has for many of its tools, like the brush ( :PaintBrushTool: ) and the bucket ( :PaintBucket: ). I see it around the suncatcher and on the borders of the image. Sorry if I wasn't specific. ^^;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Beta0 said:

 

That's a lot of layers. And I know about working with a lot of layers. X]  :arrow-left: *constantly copies layers when painting*

I'm confused. I went to the search, and found 2 similar plugins; one of them is from BoltBait. It's called Bevel Selection (unless the plugin got its name changed while I was absent.) o_o

As for the half-tones, I meant the background. I'm not sure it it's my screen, but I see a texture that reminds me of the fill options Paint.NET has for many of its tools, like the brush ( :PaintBrushTool: ) and the bucket ( :PaintBucket: ). I see it around the suncatcher and on the borders of the image. Sorry if I wasn't specific. ^^;

 

BoltBait has (2) bevel effects...the one I'm referring to is  Effects-->Object-->Bevel Object, not the Bevel Selection plugin.

And yes, I used a bit of paintbrush at 0% Hardness and Percent 05 Fill.  You have a very good eye, thank you, Beta0!   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

 

BoltBait has (2) bevel effects...the one I'm referring to is  Effects-->Object-->Bevel Object, not the Bevel Selection plugin.

And yes, I used a bit of paintbrush at 0% Hardness and Percent 05 Fill.  You have a very good eye, thank you, Beta0!   :)

 

Oh! The more you know... XD

I just can't ignore the details. You're welcome. X]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seerose said:

My Dear @lynxster4<3   catgreen.gif

"Cheap Plastic Suncatcher" never, never, no way! I would pay more dollars. Thanks for the wonderful job. :cake: :coffee:

 

 

 

Seerose....thank you so much!  You brought a huge smile to my face!   :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.