How to Install Plugins ×

Plugin Index

Message added by Ego Eram Reputo

The definitive and free resource for locating plugins. Updated monthly.

Written and maintained by SodiumEnglish and Ego Eram Reputo

23 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

Did you get @Ed Harvey's updated effects for 5.0?

Missed it. Ed renamed the thread rather than creating a new one (my usual flag for a new release). I've added the new package and flagged v4.0 as Deprecated. The PDF will be updated next month.

• Like 1

February Update

Three plugins and a pack included in this update.

Edge Detect Classic and Sharpen Classic are re-releases of pre-5.0 plugins by @BoltBait.

Generate 96 Colors by @MadJik is not new. Somehow it got missed in previous versions of the Index! Now it gets it's time in the sun :mrgreen:

Ed Harvey Effects v5.0 Ed Harvey 5.0x version of the Ed Harvey Effects package. Effects: Simplify, Splinter, True Blur, Color Filter, Color Channel Flip/Rotate, Color Tint, Extract Channel, Filtered Black and White, Invert Intensity, Single Hue, Solarize, Threshold, Vitrious, White Balance, Drop Ripple, Glass Blocks, InsideOut, Lens, MultiView, Pixelate (Hexagonal), Pixelate (Cairo Pentagonal), Ripple, Wobble, Cross-Processing, Vignette, Lattice, Halftone, Seismograph, Soft Saturation.

EdgeDetectClassic BoltBait BoltBait's classic Edge Detect effect (aka the pre PDN 5.0 version). Source code provided. Can also be found in BoltBait's GPU Plugin Pack.

Generate 96 Colors MadJik Generates an image with exactly 96 colors (suitable for creating a PDN palette). Huge range of colorization options. Colors can be exported PDN palettes. Can be found in MadJik's Plugin Pack.

Sharpen Classic BoltBait BoltBait's classic Sharpen effect (aka the pre PDN 5.0 version). Source code provided. Can also be found in BoltBait's GPU Plugin Pack.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

March Update

.......umm, nothing. Check in again in April :)

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi  @Panchdara , if you type in the name of the DLL as the keyword and you'll get all the plugins in that DLL returned. Like this....

image.png

Cool?

Thank you EER.... I musta been half asleep when I wrote that in this particular thread.... I should have written my thought in the Plugin BROWSER thread, not the INDEX thread...

That being said, thank you. I'll use your method for the time being. 👍👍

• 1 month later...

April Update

.......umm, still nothing. I'm betting this is the first time in 12 years we've had no new plugins two months running.

Check in again in May :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

May Update

One new plugin this month from our old friend Pascal (who still has my vote for the most disturbing avatar....)

Smooth Julia Fractal Pascal Render any fractal from the Julia set (in grayscale). Makes use of normalized iteration counting to blend smoothly between shades. Increasing Iterations and Quality will result in a high quality fractal. CodeLab source code provided.

Enjoy B)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

June Update

A single new plugin this month. B)

Pixel Sort Pascal Distort an image by sorting pixels using a number of options like horizontal or vertical strips, HSV values or Color Channels. CodeLab source provided.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Hugs 1

July Update

Two new plugins this month. Go get them B)

JNG Filetype Miya_Kopie Support for loading and saving JNG (JPEG Network Graphic) file format. Format uses JPEG encoding stored in a PNG container.

Selective Transparency Skysworld Changes brightness to transparent based on the values from the GUI. CodeLab source code provided.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I have coordinated with @SodiumEnglish to add "Permanent Links" to the Plugin Index.

Below the search filters, there is now a button that creates a link based on your set parameters.

The button will create links like this:

https://forums.getpaint.net/PluginIndex?keywords=Grid&author=All+Authors+&type=1&status=7&compat=3&order=title&menu=All+Menus+&release=0

If you only care about certain search parameters, you can omit the other parameters from the URL.  If you do omit a parameter, the default value of that parameter will be used.

So, you have sorter links like these:

https://forums.getpaint.net/PluginIndex?author=toe_head2001

https://forums.getpaint.net/PluginIndex?keywords=Grid

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4
  • You're a Smart Cookie! 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

:star::star::star::star::star: - yep, all five stars!

Many thanks to @toe_head2001 and @SodiumEnglish for this neat enhancement. You guys rock!

• 2 weeks later...

August Update is cancelled due to a lack of plugins. Check back next month :)

Hi All,

Long time user, first time poster. 

Just getting into plugins and just found the index, amazing piece of work!

Is there a way to tell either the popularity or number of times downloaded of a plugin. Not for the reason of any kind of popularity contest, but more to figure out the tools people commonly use?

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Covakel said:

Is there a way to tell either the popularity or number of times downloaded of a plugin. Not for the reason of any kind of popularity contest, but more to figure out the tools people commonly use?

Your best bet is to go here:

https://forums.getpaint.net/forum/44-plugin-packs/

Download the plugin packs that are pinned and marked with a star.

However, you probably shouldn't just download a bunch of plugins you'll never use.  Best is to download them as you need them.

September Update

One new filetype this month, from a first-time author. Welcome aboard @Dummiesman!

Angel Studios TEX/XTEX FileType Dummiesman Load and save of almost all TEX/XTEX files supported by the Angel Game Engine

• 4 weeks later...

October Update

No new plugins this month. I guess all the Devs are reading up on the newly released API Documentation :mrgreen:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AndrewDavid said:

Can I suggest breaking up the Effect Type Category into four separate fields :

X8pRNrkISEnTcT1mwZVOQ51pUetD2COq4SaYneZ_etZNuPQ5JdDTki7XKtfvHJkuo_7qog3HTaqQINyPrM8PN0qrEfjUinnnhnX6nmzWHWdPCTYx48dAGBkLl_0bxVdV8DFhZ4sz3oJ4VjSSjUMoPSc

Thanks in advance. :)

I don't think this is really necessary.

• Upvote 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Yeah, end-users don't care about the internal implementation of a plugin.

99.99% of people downloading plugins wouldn't even understand the terminology, and would just be a point of confusion.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

21 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

AVIF FileType is missing? (or at least not tagged as bundled)

It is present in the list of FileTypes, so it is just missing the bundled tag.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

4 hours ago, null54 said:

It is present in the list of FileTypes, so it is just missing the bundled tag.

Added :)

• Like 1