How to Make Graffiti (rewritten)

ReMake

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it.

This is a rewritten How to make graffiti tutorial by @ptuZ.

This is the final result:

1.jpg

Plugins Required:
Align Object by @moc426 or Align Object by @xod
Outline Object by @BoltBait or Outline Object by @pyrochild

Font Required: On the site dafont.com you can find many graffiti style fonts. I used the Zit Graffiti font.

1. Open (File-Open-Icon.png) a texture image for your background (File -> Open). I used an image of a brick wall.

2.jpg

2. Add a New (Add-New-Layer.png) layer. Set the Primary color to D82515. Select the Text (TextTool.png) tool in the Tools window and type your text in a 144px font.

3.jpg

Note: The Zit Graffiti font does not contain the dot character. I used the Paintbrush (Paint-Brush-Tool.png) tool with a size of about 45 to draw a dot.

3. Duplicate (Duplicate-Layer.png) the current layer. Apply @pyrochild's Outline Object effect (Effects -> Object -> Outline Object) with Width 7, Softness 0, and black color

5.png

or apply  @BoltBait's Outline Object effect (Effects -> Object -> Outline Object) with Outline Width 7, Alpha 255, and black color.

4.png

4. Apply to the layer the Oil Painting (Oil-Painting-Effect.png) effect (Effects -> Artistic -> Oil Painting) with Brush size 2 and Coarseness 75, then apply the Frosted Glass (Frosted-Glass-Effect.png) effect (Effects -> Distort -> Frosted Glass) with Maximum Scatter Radius 2.35 and Smoothness 4.

6.png       7.png

and we got this image

8.jpg

5. Set the Blend Mode (Properties.png) to Overlay and merge (Merge-Layer-Down.png) this layer with the lower Layer 2. Align the text to the center of the image by applying the Align Object effect (Effects -> Align Object for @moc426's effect or Effects -> Object -> Align Object for @xod's effect).

9.jpg

6. Use the Color Picker (Color-Picker-Tool.png) tool to define the Red color parameters. Use the Paintbrush tool (Paint-Brush-Tool.png) to apply a few strokes that mimic dripping paint.

10.jpg

Set the Blend Mode (Properties.png) to Multiply and Opacity of about 215. Merge (Merge-Layer-Down.png) layer down.

7. Apply the Rotate / Zoom (Rotate-Zoom-Icon.png) effect (Layers -> Rotate / Zoom) with a Twist Radius of 40, X Pan of 0,35, Zoom of 1,10. Check the Tilling box.

11.png

and we are done.

1.jpg

Note: All settings described in this tutorial are approximate and depend on image size and the desirable end result.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, ReMake said:

@Ego Eram Reputo place pdf-file in the right place and replace the link in the first post of the tutorial, please.

Why don't you create your own Dropbox account and use that?

I'm hosting all the tuts I'm responsible for on Dropbox.