:UnsavedChangesSave:Download from my plugin set :UnsavedChangesSave:

btn_donate_SM.gif

Effects -> Object -> Outline Object...

outlineexample.png

The area around the object you want to be outlined must be transparent. In other words, it should be on its own layer.

edit: this is the three-thousand, three-hundred and thirty-third post in the Plugins forum.

3333rd!

• Upvote 6

Thank you very much for making this one, pyro!

Primary color determines the color of the outline.

Suggestions:

1) Adjust the 'Width' inputs to only allow 1 thru 10. Anything above 10 is really overkill and will most likely never be used.

2) The 'Softness' should start at where you have the preset set at. Meaning, 127 should be the minimum. Only it wouldn't be 127 anymore... It would be 1. In the settings 126 and downward, the changes in roughness are extremely minute and hardly noticeable.

This is a great plugin, I will use it a lot, but there is a but.

But: It is kinda unstable, at least on my computer. Every time I am using it it works ok, except when I move the slider more than just a couple spaces. I keep getting a crash error and it closes, then saves the crash log on my desktop.

=( Any fixes?

1) Adjust the 'Width' inputs to only allow 1 thru 10. Anything above 10 is really overkill and will most likely never be used.

I use it...

2) The 'Softness' should start at where you have the preset set at. Meaning, 127 should be the minimum. Only it wouldn't be 127 anymore... It would be 1. In the settings 126 and downward, the changes in roughness are extremely minute and hardly noticeable.

But there is a difference. 0-255 is standard byte value, and controls the tolerance of the alpha-channel redefining. At 0, alpha values are either 255 (fully opaque) or 0 (fully transparent). At 1, they can be 255, 0, or 127 (half transparent). For only 1 notch of difference, I find that pretty significant.
This is a great plugin, I will use it a lot, but there is a but.

But: It is kinda unstable, at least on my computer. Every time I am using it it works ok, except when I move the slider more than just a couple spaces. I keep getting a crash error and it closes, then saves the crash log on my desktop.

=( Any fixes?

Can I see the crash log?

And the crash message?

I really don't see how this plugin can crash Paint.NET; it's very simple in its implementation. Are you having similar problems with Gaussian Blur? (This uses that...)

Tried downloading the zip file - initially corrupted version, then succeeded in downloading but on opening found something else.

Anyone else with the same prob?

What is the "something else"?

Was this the 'blow your socks off' plugin you spoke of? Very handy indeed, thank you pyrochild.

Nope! That one is on vacation. It may or may not be considerably easier to create once Paint.NET receives its much-needed plugin-sys overhaul.

Whoops! It's an empty zip!

Seems fine here. Even opens fine in XP's default thingy. Try redownloading?

Something weird going on here!

Successfully downloaded onto wife's XP notebook, installed plugin which worked perfectly.

Tried repeatedly to download on my XP notebook, completed downloading but attempted extraction message - corrupt or invalid.

Final attempt - empty.

Wonder if it's the website?

YAY! This simplifies all my needs SO much. TY!!

A little suggestion though: Could you please add a slider: Keep orriginal image 1=Yes 2=No

That would be very handy.

Not sure I understand what you're thinking. Do you mean like having the outline without the original image on top of it? But then it wouldn't be an outline!

Trying to download from the link:

left click: Can't open the page!

right click/save as: no problem!

Trying the plugin:

no problem!

Except softness doesn't give a smooth gradient but 'stepped changing colors'

Thanks for this one I will use it a lot!

Trying to download from the link:

left click: Can't open the page!

right click/save as: no problem!

Trying the plugin:

no problem!

Except softness doesn't give a smooth gradient but 'stepped changing colors'

Thanks for this one I will use it a lot!

Sorry but for me the link doesn't work ! Don't know why !

I use it...

example1qr6.pngexample2ut8.png

Okay...

But there is a difference. 0-255 is standard byte value, and controls the tolerance of the alpha-channel redefining. At 0, alpha values are either 255 (fully opaque) or 0 (fully transparent). At 1, they can be 255, 0, or 127 (half transparent). For only 1 notch of difference, I find that pretty significant.

I never said there wasn't a difference... I was just simply stating that changes that minute seem trivial. That's all...

But hey, it's your plugin....