Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

I have a question about challenge #73 - Insects since I have been in the wrong before regarding what to put in an entry. So for this one a branch is ok. I refrained from them since it was my understanding that it was not allowed. I don't see anything wrong with it myself just want clarification for further entries. Thanks!

Edited by Ladybug
Corrected posting

Click HERE to see my Pictorium of images I have worked on.

lMbNWe.png

You were once wild here. Don't let them tame you.

~ Isadora Duncan

28 minutes ago, Ladybug said:

I have a question about challenge #73 - Insects since I have been in the wrong before regarding what to put in an entry. So for this one a branch is ok.

On my 2nd entry it was not a branch, but a dark green line to delineate between the bug and the reflection.  But in hindsight, the line should have been thinner.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Little bit off topic but the 'Insects' topic reminded me that I just assembled the UGEARS model 'Butterfly'. The rubber-band 'motor' allows the butterfly to flap the wings. 

826240253_UGEARSButterfly.thumb.JPG.f87c8fbcf4efd66aef4497e919eb0b90.JPG

I'm using a Brother ScanCutter to create puzzles and other paper models.

Be inspired 😉

• Like 5

midoras signature.gif

12 hours ago, Ladybug said:

@midora That really is cool and so beautiful. Must be awesome to see it move.

If there is some time left I will create a gif. The UGEARS models are really cool, the biggest issue is that the rubber-bands are dying after one or two years. I will show some of the models in the construction zone. Still thinking about some paint.net Maker tools which work together with the cutter.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

midoras signature.gif

@midora I am sure everyone would love to see it in action. I know I would! Can you replace the rubber bands or is it something that once its complete don't touch it. If you can replace them, maybe moisturize the rubber bands once in a while. I know it sounds funny but I guess they are somewhat like skin.

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

• 4 weeks later...

To all of the entrants in the OotF#75 - A Compass.  I have decided to leave @Ladybug's last entry in the voting this week, as I was too late today, to notice that it had a black background (and alert her) before the poll closed.  My fault and I apologize and hope none of you mind my decision 😁

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey thanks for keeping the entry in. I blanked out in realizing the background was not transparent. I was just happy it turned out in the speed I wanted lol.

lMbNWe.png

~ Isadora Duncan

Though I rather like the concept of Clouds for an OOTF theme, I have a problem with it: I don't see how it's possible to do justice to a rendering of clouds without the background being a sky color, instead of transparent. And I think the color would need to be a gradient, not a just flat color.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MJW said:

background being a sky color, instead of transparent.

Good point @MJW I will change the requirements to have a white and blue gradient background :)

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

15 minutes ago, Manc said:

I don't see you would have a rule to have a blue gradient or white clouds.

You don't have to have a blue and white background @Manc, like the Moon competition, you can have a blue/white background if you want to.

30b8T8B.gif

13 hours ago, MJW said:

I think@Manc is asking for more options for the sky than a blue-white gradient for the background.

The hue of the blue can be decided by the entrant, which will give many options :)

30b8T8B.gif

12 minutes ago, Manc said:

you crown each other Grand Masters.

That was done automatically by the forum software, without any involvement from us.

It should be noted that the ranks are associated with the forum itself, and has nothing to do with the skill level of using the Paint.NET software.

• Like 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I apologise to all the staff.

You are all worthy Grandmasters.

Only did it as a wind up.

Note to self 'Stay of forum when drunk'

Sorry again.😐

Edited by Manc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

me.png             

18 hours ago, Manc said:

Note to self 'Stay of forum when drunk'

Probably a very good idea!  I'm sure we all forgive you.  Things get said that you regret later when in that state.

Cheers, Manc!  😁