Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

For the current OOF-Maps, I clicked on the link for EER's Relief Map Generator , which took me to the page. However, when I tried to download the .dll file it would not download but was flagged by Microsoft. 

Make sure you trust ReliefMapGenerator.dll before you open it

Microsoft Defender SmartScreen couldn't veify if this file is safe because

it isn't commonly downloaded. Make sure you trust the file you're downloading or its source before you open it.

Name: ReliefMapGenerator.dllPublisher: Unknown

After accepting file as a safe-trusted file download.  Was able to find the .dll in my Windows Download file.

1. tried to install .dll in Program Files>paint.net> Effects folder  THEN
  2. tried to install .dll in Program Files>paint.net> File Types folder
  3. .dll did install in either folder  
  4. Shut down paint.net, even restarted the compuer each try of installing
  5. But Relief Map Generator would not appear on paint.net  home page in Adjustments or Effects 
  6. removed Relief Map Generator from computer.

Using: paint.net version 4.3.12,  Windows 10 , read reread the plug in installation pages-no joy

So embarrassing , What  have I gotten myself into now? 🤔

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

In 4.3.12 Relief Map Generator should show up in Effects > Render

RMG-menu.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Oops - @Scooter could you please re-size your first entry in the T-shirt competition, as it is bigger than 600 x 600.  Thanks :) 

• Thanks 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Roger the Dodger SOS - your link has stopped working in the T-Shirt Competition.  It was showing yesterday, but has since gone.  Please can you repost before 2 PM.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

• 3 months later...

I normally create a new layer for each change or addition to a graphic. Except yesterday I goobered and had the same layer selected for all my new additions. Closed PDN and realized today what I did. So, I am redoing the layer and creating new layers for each addition today.

The point is, I intend on posting for the competition, but I lost some time getting my lamp completed lol

I was thinking of doing a desk style lamp as a second design but Im not sure if it would qualify.

Edited by Disk4mat

1 hour ago, Disk4mat said:

the point is, I intend on posting for the competition, but I lost some time getting my lamp completed lol

Don't worry, there is still plenty of time.  BTW I moved your post 'into' the correct Discussion thread :)  Hope you find it 😄

• Thanks 1

30b8T8B.gif

@Manc I see you are having trouble with your entry in the Lamp competition.  Have you paid to join nickpic?  I don't think it is free anymore, and that may be why your image is not uploading.  I suggest you use https://postimages.org/  which is totally free.

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Disk4mat said:

On the Table Lamp Poll Im not seeing @Manc's lamp? Dont know if its just me or the site hosting the image.

I see what you mean.  I do know that @toe_head2001 had to fix the link in the beginning, to use the correct posting format.  Perhaps he can check it again, and perhaps @Manc let us know if he removed it from his host site?

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

On 5/3/2023 at 11:49 AM, Disk4mat said:

Dont know if its just me or the site hosting the image.

It turns out that the hosting site "nickpic" is down and that is why @Manc entry is not visible.  I've PM'd him and hopefully he can re-host the image somewhere else before the deadline.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

When submitting your "Thank You" image, remember that it will need to be able to scale down to 20px.

That's pretty small I realize now 😱 but I'm sure the entries will scale down alright.  I will edit the Competition screed to reflect this and perhaps the entrants can re-scale now, before the deadline.  Sorry everyone for that 😁

I just measured and it says 28 x 28?  I've edited the Competition to reflect this size, to say the image must be within the 28 x 28)

28-x-28.png 

30b8T8B.gif

37 minutes ago, Pixey said:

I just measured and it says 28 x 28?

The icon size that is shown on the forum is probably dependent on your screen resolution.

The existing reaction images are 120x120 when the image is opened in a new tab.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

1 hour ago, null54 said:

The existing reaction images are 120x120 when the image is opened in a new tab.

Now I'm really confused 😱 does this mean we can stick to making them 120 x 120 from the start?

30b8T8B.gif

ATTENTION to the participants of the Emoji competition @Disk4mat @lynxster4 @Ego Eram Reputo

I have edited the entry size requirements (now to be 120 x 120) in the Emoji thread , and to clarify that the emoji's will be on a black background when finished.  But please keep your entry image on a transparent background.  The images will be downgraded by the forum to 20 x 20, so must look good at that size.  My choc cake will have to be nixed, because of the black bar, which I had forgotten about 😑.  

@Disk4mat FYI the rule is for each entry (a max of three only) must be on a separate layer - thanks :) 

*   Three entries per entrant are allowed. Please make a separate post for each one.

Sorry for the confusion everyone 🙃

30b8T8B.gif

I'll confirm the 20x20... The icons display at different sizes depending where on the forum they are displayed. In the feed, in a post etc.

@Pixey Ok. I just grouped them all together as separate images in one post to keep the thread cleaner since they are all nearly the same. I'll fix that.

I've removed my entry. I didn't read the rules closely enough (the brush I used was not my own).

Forum-Thank-You.png

If I get time I'll redraw it and resubmit :)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The new version: Forum-Thank-You.png128x128.

Here it is at 20x20 (not so good)

Forum-Thank-You-resized.png

• Like 2