Woodsy

Images by Woodsy

@Woodsy- fantastic work. A huge undertaking but so well worth it. My only criticism would be that the Saloon doors are a little bit too long. Having said that I'd still buy you a drink there :D The perspective is very dramatic too. It's like something is about to happen. Well done. 

• Upvote 1

WOW!! is all I can say.  <jawdrop>    The woodwork is exquisite!  <3   Anymore in the 'Frontier Town' series??   :D

• Upvote 1

I had to log back in to comment on the whole series of Frontier Town ( Quite ironic I'm listening to the Highwaymen and Luckenbach Texas just came on ... really fitting)

Phenomenal.  Taking nothing away from your other works which are great in their own right but bwoy (insert Rasta' teeth suck) the perspective, textures ... ambience.

Everything mate.  Totally in awe like everyone else

Stunning. If I could lift my arm above my head I'd take my stetson off to you

• Upvote 1

Whoa!  Another amazing piece of real estate!  Soon you will have a total virtual city.  Which, of course, would be called 'Woodsyville'. It makes me feel like putting on my cowgirl outfit.  Great work @Woodsy :D

• Upvote 1

Thank you @lynxster4! That is quite the fitting name for my pictures.

Thanks @welshblue! I thought I'd try doing it from a different angle. Only because I am so bad at doing the dirt street. But the compliment on my woodwork means a lot coming from you.

Thank you @Pixey! I think you're right, I have done almost enough to have a virtual city. Let me take you to the saloon for your G&T.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Thank you @Pixey! I think you're right, I have done almost enough to have a virtual city. Let me take you to the saloon for your G&T.

Yeah Ha - What a great idea ......... I'm on my way: Western20(26).gif

• Upvote 1

As usual perspective, detailing and composition are spot on.

As someone who likes to work on on multiple files to make an image with a silly amount of layers to get the end result ... bravo my friend

A small critique ... and this may just be a personal thing ... in the last image the saloon doors popped out as a totally different texture, and for me in this one the stoop/boardwalk jumps out at me.  I've stared at it for 5 minutes and I can't put my finger onto 'why' ... it might be the slight blur compared to the  sharpness of the building behind

... that said, it takes nothing away from what is a brilliantly made image.

Edit ... my brain caught up with my eyes ... it's using the same stoop for it's neighbour.  It draws your eyes to both.  If the stoop to the right was slightly darker I think that would solve it ?

Edited by welshblue
  • Like 1

<3 @Woodsy:trophy: Movie theater! First row I sit and wait for action. Excited what still comes.

With a word: excellent work. Thank you for your effort, and sharing. :coffee: :cake:

• Like 1

Oh Boy - another wonderful cowboy town @Woodsy.  All that perspective would drive me batty though =O.  You really have a good eye for this ;)

• Like 1

Thanks for commenting @LionsDragon!

Thank you for asking @Maximilian! Unfortunately I can't make a tut for any of my wood textures. They were made one line at a time. Like an artist with a painting.

Thanks @welshblue! At one time it was 7 different files and I don't know how many layers. I don't know why it got blurry! It happened when I resized it from 6000 pixels wide. I fixed the right stoop. I can't tell you how long I stared at it to see if I missed something.

Thank you @Seerose! Glad you like it.

Thanks @Pixey! For your kind words, but I enjoy perspective views.

• Like 2

From my own experiences mate, I know how you can stare and stare at something ... sometimes too much I think ... and that's why we can miss, not the obvious per se but that one lil' detail that can throw the eyes.  Is why feedback from other artists is good I think

Now that you've changed the right stoop it blends right in to the shadows and doesn't jump out ... and taken away what seemed like a blur to the left stoop, but now makes it look weathered ... what did you do ?  Duplicated it and set it to Overlay or Multiply ?

Anyways ... my stetson off to you again for the multiple file/layer work ... as daft as it sounds, it's mentally sapping keeping track of it all.

Or is that just me who doesn't bother labelling anything :/

• Upvote 1

Yes, @welshblue I too appreciate any input, good or bad. Maybe I should have used a blending mode on the stoops but alas it is done au naturale.

Thank you @lynxster4! I'm glad you feel that way about them.

As a matter of fact @LionsDragon I used to make the sets for the drama dept. at our local high school. Thank you!

• Like 1

On 28/08/2017 at 0:58 AM, Woodsy said:

Maybe I should have used a blending mode on the stoops but alas it is done au naturale.

Whatever works for you and the image mate ... there's always more than one way to skin a feline and the outcome is the important thing, and in this case = stunningness

• Upvote 1