Rest in Peace - Woodsy

Woodsy

Thank you @welshblue! The video has been there since the middle of last year. :P  You probably didn't scroll down far enough. When I was making it I thought the differences in resolution was going to kill me. I too miss signing the street and the smell of tire smoke.

• 2 weeks later...

That is a bit dizzying!   We hope heaven?  Excellent detail @Woodsy   <3    You've done it again!  :D

• Upvote 1

Ooooh those stairs are just lovely! :star: 

Love the wood texture, the 3D effect, the painting on the wall & the cute little pig. I'm left wondering how it got there :D

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

<3 @Woodsy

WOW. I have my young years in a house accustomed with the spiral stairs. I live it. Excellent. :trophy:

Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

WOW  -  this is just awesome.  You did it again!  I think even Escher would have been jealous of this beautiful piece.  I'm a bit surprised that the owl isn't in there somewhere :lol:.  But I'm not complaining as I love little piggies more than anything.

BTW - did the owl always have a cookie ...... me thinks it's new :D

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you @lynxster4! Yes, it makes you a little dizzy after awhile.

Thanks @welshblue! I wouldn't say you have to up your game. You do fine with what you do.

Thank you @barbieq25! You're the first one to mention something about the pig. I've had it for awhile just sitting in a file looking up at me. I think it wanted to be there.

Thanks @Seerose! Years ago I lived in a place that had stairs like this.

Thank you @Pixey! As a matter of fact I did look at a couple of Escher's pieces for pointers. Believe it or not he always had the chocolate bar.

Thanks @TrevorOutlaw! I'm glad you feel that way about it. 

Oh wow! This reminds me of the stair-climbing scene in the original Ghostbusters. I think that adorable little piggy needs an elevator!

Honestly, my first thought was that it was a photo of stairs and you added the pig--and then I realized whose gallery I was in. All hail the king of woodgrain!

• Upvote 1

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

Thank you @Eli! I find it's relaxing just to sit down and work on a picture, no matter how involved it is.

Thanks @LionsDragon! I helped the piggy out of my folder, from there she's on her own. And I just love working with wood! It's nice to be thought of like that though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you @JRF1! You're the first person to mention that. I really enjoyed making it. As for my signature, I love woodworking but I can't do it anymore. So I do the next best thing.

@Woodsy Crikey - another amazing rendition from you.  The detail is amazing, even down to the reflections in the windows.  Great work once again :star:.  How long did it take to make?

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Woodsy   All I can say is WOW!  It looks perfect to me.  As Pixey said, the detail is amazing.

Superb work!  :trophy:    WOW!   :)

• Upvote 1

<3 @Woodsy! And I can watch for hours. I always enjoy it when you post a new image. :trophy: Thank you for sharing. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png