Sign in to follow this  
aatwo

The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

:? time for OMA to learn some new terms

@Trooper whats skinning? oh and here is my age really coming out UT99 is that a game? or a comic hero?

@Madjik you amaze me with your ability to keep coming up with great plug ins. like this one I'll be using it in today's something new play session. If I get something decent this first time around I'll post.

@paran welcome nice work.

:? time for OMA to learn some new terms

@Trooper whats skinning? oh and here is my age really coming out UT99 is that a game? or a comic hero?

Hi, oma!

Skinning is the act of putting "skins" on game character models. I think that would be the best way to describe it.

See, the game characters are 3d entities generated, or modeled, in programs such as 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender, et al. Once they are generated, they're usually done so in a bland, generic way (grey scale) and you use colored "skins" on the model to differentiate them.

The colors you see on the humanoid model in my post are the character's "skin"; which I did in PDN and imported into the game using the game's native editor.

Oh, and UT99 stands for Unreal Tournament, a game; the 99 part is the year the game was released as there are multiple versions of it.

[edit] fixed verb tense

thanks trooper good explanation

simplified grandmother version = 3d computor generated paper dolls for boys LOL!

actually i think this must be extremely hard and time consuming. I'll have to try it sometime.

thanks for taking the time to tell me what this term meant. I hear it often on the forum.

chow

OMA

thanks trooper good explanation

simplified grandmother version = 3d computor generated paper dolls for boys LOL!

:lol::lol: I've never thought about it quite like that. Excellent!

My one a day...

This has to be the best image I have put out in quite sometime now.

Quite possibly "ever".

enchantedforestforumsize.png

Man, I like that. It reminds me of some fantastical, vaulted, water-filled catacomb.

I have an idea for CMD's Sketchpad, but I think it'll look too much like the Heliopad.

Here's the logo for it:

alphapad.png

(it's called "alphapad" because "usedHONDApad" doesn't sound right :D)

If there were to be an "alphapad" I think it would suit better to have something similar to the avatar you created for that game (the title escapes me at the moment), I mean it is something we can instantly associate with you. Just a thought.

If there were to be an "alphapad" I think it would suit better to have something similar to the avatar you created for that game (the title escapes me at the moment), I mean it is something we can instantly associate with you. Just a thought.

That's funny. I'm already designing a new layout.

Vistapad:

vistapadconcept2.png

(the logos are just fillers so it doesn't look as dull)

thanks Hope it is not one of my better ones. I should have feathered more on each step. l I guess that's what practice is for.

Just a few new ones, and these are all based off the same thing.

Plasma Glow:

plasmaglowoo9.th.jpg

Heated Plasma Glow: (after playing with "curves")

plasmaglowsuperra4.th.jpg

Heated Plasma W/ logo: (might make into a sig)

plasmaglowsdkp4.th.jpg

All of em are 800x600 pix. Also, I am looking for insperation, any ideas would be nice. I am still new, so I want to learn how to make more powerfull art.

Finally, nice work usedhonda and oma. Good work!