The Pictorium! Post your created or edited images here!

aatwo

Looking at some of your art, I don't see how I can even compete. That stuff is amazing. Anyway, here is a few of my own pictures:

Crazy Artist (click for larger img):

crazyartistmi5.th.jpg

Symbol (Played around with Tube Oblique tool):

tubesymbolqx0.jpg

Avitar Idea:

sdhelmxz1.jpg

And what do you think: Keep current avitar or upgrade to the one above?

siggyawesome.jpg

Holey bloody potato! I have a museum!!!--> S_D's Museum!! Clicky!

@SD's Symbol: Looks like a cursor.... :D

I guess everything looks like a cursor when designing one.

EDIT:

Well I might as well post my status on my tNOS2 pack. I can safely say that I'm over half way done and very satisfied. All of the cursors are dark gray colors. No black pixels, no white pixels. Just dark gray. But it isn't a dull form of it, as you may be thinking. These cursors are made of smooth, almost 3d-like gradients of dark gray.

Refresher:

asldfjk.png

I spent quite a while trying to design the busy cursors. It's the normal cursor, but with an animated (dark gray) circle made from scratch. From what I'm seeing right now, only one of the cursors from tNOS1 will be transfered to tNOS2 (the text selector).

"The greatest thing about the Internet is that you can write anything you want and give it a false source." ~Ezra Pound

twtr | dA | tmblr | yt | fb

Ok, here is the (near) final results of the UT99 clan skin I've been working on. As I've stated, the only problems I've had with it has been when the game itself down-converts the 32-bit .bmp's to 16-bit indexed .pcx's. Overall, however, I'm happy.

I must say, this has been my first skinning project in PDN and I'm *much* happier using it vice GIMP. Native tools rock.

Oh, and I've fixed the comment system on my site. :oops: You can now leave comments without having to be logged in as a member. Please feel free to drop by.

Shot0000.png

Shot0001.png

Shot0002.png

Shot0003.png

Shot0004.png

Shot0005.png

There's a small, not very informative write up on them at the site that was done off the cuff. :wink: I'll get a little deeper if I get the OK on this version of the skins or get the final product done.

:? time for OMA to learn some new terms

@Trooper whats skinning? oh and here is my age really coming out UT99 is that a game? or a comic hero?

@Madjik you amaze me with your ability to keep coming up with great plug ins. like this one I'll be using it in today's something new play session. If I get something decent this first time around I'll post.

@paran welcome nice work.

:? time for OMA to learn some new terms

@Trooper whats skinning? oh and here is my age really coming out UT99 is that a game? or a comic hero?

Hi, oma!

Skinning is the act of putting "skins" on game character models. I think that would be the best way to describe it.

See, the game characters are 3d entities generated, or modeled, in programs such as 3ds Max, Maya, or Blender, et al. Once they are generated, they're usually done so in a bland, generic way (grey scale) and you use colored "skins" on the model to differentiate them.

The colors you see on the humanoid model in my post are the character's "skin"; which I did in PDN and imported into the game using the game's native editor.

Oh, and UT99 stands for Unreal Tournament, a game; the 99 part is the year the game was released as there are multiple versions of it.

[edit] fixed verb tense